Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

Fryatt

I went outside last night when the ambulence arrived, Matty was in a bad way and wasent moving. He was out cold. The incident itself I dont think there was intent, but it was clumsy and it was a foul. The player should of been booked and a possible penalty awarded.

I would start with Waggy he can do a good job for us im sure. I would give the boy a chance and use the emergency loan system only if it doesnt work out. Lets not panic just yet. We've got some decent strikers at the club. One mans bad luck is an opportunity for another to make a name for themselves. Good luck Matty get well soon.

It's definitely season doomed if he's out for a long time.

Kermo: 0 goals

Howard: 2 goals

Gallagher: 2 goals

Waghorn: 5 goals

Embarassing. 9 goals between 4 strikers.

And Waghorns not scored in over 2 months since a penalty at Forest.

Fryatts not scored in a month and a half and that was also only a penalty against Sheffield United.

None of our strikers can score, without the touch of class from Fryatt we will be drawing a lot more games 0-0.

Obviously Dj needs to be recalled instantly if it's possible.

Don't think that will help. NP obviously doesn't rate him and DJ knows that so I can't see him wanted to come back and have the passions and determination to play well.

I would rather we get someone in on loan - James Vaughan would be a very good signing IMO.

Well this is pretty crushing. I've got confidence in Waggy though, he's still a dangerous striker. And recently he's either been suspended or playing second fiddle to Fryatt anyway, so goal-scoring opportunities haven't exactly been free-flowing.

Now he'll be the main striker we might just see a bit more from him. It's definitely a huge blow to lose Fryatt but it's not the end of the world.

It's definitely a huge blow to lose Fryatt but it's not the end of the world.

I hate to be melodramatic, Joe, but it's not far off.

I hate all the doom-mongers and knee-jerk moaners on most occasion, but it's pretty bad. Waghorn may be very popular on here but his goalscoring record is pretty dire and his composure infront of goal isn't ideal. He's a brilliant prospect and a real trier but he's a got a lot to learn.

We've not had a proper look at either Gallagher or Kermogant up front, we know Gallagher can knock in 15-odd a season in the Championship (or at least, he did so for Plymouth didn't he? Pardon me if I'm wrong on that) but we've seen no evidence of him displaying that form here. And Howard's... well, eh. Let's just say he isn't scoring.

I'm finding it a little bit hard to be overly optimistic.

Well let's hope he can recover as quickly & well as possible. Hope there's no long term damage for him.

Protective mask time!

Was anyone else disgusted at the length of time it took to ref to allow the physio on? The ball went out for a goal kick and what was clearly a serious injury could not be seen to until he had finished his leisurely stroll over to the incident from the other side of the box. willy puller.

Just watch the video on here and that is shocking. It's clearly not accidental, he jumps into Fryatt and clatters into him with the force of his whole body weight. Hopefully the FA review this and ban him. It's cowards tackle.

To be honest, if the FA didn't do anything about Morgan's challenge on Hume, I can't see them doing much on this one.

This one was missed by the ref - Morgan was given a yellow for his. So it can be done on this occasion.

Just heard on SSN that its a broken jaw... Dont know the full extent of it and dont know the recovery period for it either... Perhaps we will see one of those Batman-style masks appearing?!

More Phantom Of The Opera, still seem to remember McCarthy and Tiatto suffering similar injuries a couple of years back and only being out for 4-5 weeks.

On the flip side, morrison seems to have a good shot on him maybe stick him upfront and re-call neilson to the full back position.

Well that's left us up shit creek, it's time to start looking for a paddle!

I'm gutted, really like Fryatt, Waghorn has a lot of passion I just don't think he's the finished article yet, and that shot Gallagher had when he was one on one with the keeper doesn't fill me with any confidence!

From BBC Sport:

Leicester City suffer Matt Fryatt injury setback

Fryatt has scored 12 goals this season

Leicester City striker Matt Fryatt is likely to be ruled out until towards the end of April after breaking his jaw in Tuesday's game against Doncaster.

Fryatt suffered a double fracture from a collision with Rovers captain Brian Stock during the 0-0 home draw.

The injury is a massive blow to the promotion-chasing Foxes.

Although Fryatt is yet to score this year, he is still the club's top-scorer with 11 Championship goals, six ahead of loan signing Martyn Waghorn.

I'm hoping it isn't that long!

From BBC Sport:

I'm hoping it isn't that long!

End of April fook me! :o

Either we get lucky and win a lot of games 1-0 and still make 6th place, or we don't score at all and lose a lot of games 1-0.

Loan signing needed.

Fryatt, Waghorn, Kermo, Gallagher, Howard isn't very good.

Waghorn, Kermo, Gallagher, Howard is a disaster.

Suppose we have another able, pacy striker avaliable should NP choose him.

With Gallagher being played on the wing he won't score, Howard is totally fooking shit he won't score, so we're relying on the other two and what if Waghorn or Kermo get injured now :dunno:

Trust our top scorer to get fooking injured, will probably cost us a playoff place.

It's a big blow and i hope he can recover quickly, our season is certainly not over tho as some have said!!

Gallagher is the obvious choice now to step up.. Doubt NP will get anyone on loan as i reckon he feels he has the cover needed albeit not the strongest cover but enough...

Gutted to hear this news

Every cloud got a silver lining though and it should give Kermo a chance to break his scoring duck and for us to find out more about him and whether he will make the grade

Alternatively, get DJ back and restore his confidence!

Archived