Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finchy

Festival Thread

Not been to many festivals have you? :P

This was different ahah! The venue was a 150 year old abandoned fort. Type in outlook moat stage or outlook Noah's ballroom into google, and you'll see what I mean. Being on the beach meant everyone was in a bikini which was lovely. Soundsystem wise, this was better than anything I've ever been to hands down. Seeing as a lot of it is reggae etc. the soundsytsems are made down to a tee. I'm willing to bet hundreds that going to certain arenas at outlook would make most of Leeds festivals systems sound like car speakers. Id strongly advise anyone to attend!

Edited by Brown Fox

Deviation stage was amazing, Jay Electronica & Benji B especially. Boat parties were cool too. What about you?

Mungos arena was probably my favourite. Mala vs gothtrad was surreal. Real old skool dubstep none of that horrible dirty skrillex shit. A lot of time for dj ez, rodigan and gentlemans dub club. They all know how to make a crowd go off.

• 2 months later...

For me that is festival hell. Cvnts tweeting shite from Benicassim. LOOK AT ME ON FACEBOOK AT BENICASSIM

LOO LOOK LOK LOKK LOOK LOO LOOK LOOK LOk LOOK LOOK.

Wankers. 

Would love to destroy all of it. 

Have you actually been? Or do you just hate it because YOUR friends on Facebook are dickheads?

Which is the better festival. Reading or Leeds?

Reading. Been to Leeds once and toilet block near our campsite got torched one night. Been to Reading 4 times, decent location as its close to the town centre, train station etc. You can get a decent fry up at the cattle market on the way into town if you don't want to pay for festival priced breakfast. See the same bands at either location so to me its down to ease of getting there.

Reading. Been to Leeds once and toilet block near our campsite got torched one night. Been to Reading 4 times, decent location as its close to the town centre, train station etc. You can get a decent fry up at the cattle market on the way into town if you don't want to pay for festival priced breakfast. See the same bands at either location so to me its down to ease of getting there.

cheers

I think I'm right in saying that because Reading is more central their "entertainment" stops earlier, whereas Leeds has pretty big stages with live djs (DJ Fresh, Rudimental, Mike Skinner and the like in recent years) going on until about 4am and a Yellow Camp DJ who plays mental tunes until half 6 in the morning. 

In terms of crowds/people/atmosphere they're both pretty similar by all accounts, both will have nob heads mainly there to fuel themselves up on pills and bounce around gigs trying to punch people and both will have genuine music lovers trying to see as many cool bands as they can. 

I'd doubt there's much of a difference bar location in terms of in/out of town. 

I've been to Leeds 3 times and never had a bad time, never had a fight, never been robbed etc. Been to all types of gigs too, from dance acts in tents like Justice or Sub Focus where you get right involved and aren't sure if you and your mates are going to make it out alive to intimate gigs like Pete Doherty on a small stage going through his songbook with his guitar etc etc. The crowds at gigs are at that gig because they want to be there, if they didn't they'd go and get pilled up or go to a different stage. 

If you go, relax for the weekend, camp with your mates and don't really give a shit about anything you'll have a good time at Leeds or Reading.

Oh and from what I've been told/read, Leeds attracts an "older" crowd. Not like full of actual old people but more 18-25 as opposed to 15-21 kinda thing. It also depends where you camp in Leeds because I'd say the average age of Yellow must be below 20, yet most other campsites have a fair few adults knocking about. 

Edited by ScouseFox

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just got tickets to Groovin the Moo in Aus, not a great line up but normally a cracking day and worth the weekender.

Action Bronson (USA)
Andy Bull
Architecture In Helsinki
Cults (USA)
Disclosure (UK)
Dizzee Rascal (UK)
Holy F**K (CAN)
Illy
The Jezabels
The Jungle Giants
Karnivool
Kingswood
The Kite String Tangle
Loon Lake
The Naked And Famous (NZ)
Parkway Drive
Peking Duk
The Presets
Robert Delong (USA)
Thundamentals
Vance Joy
Violent Soho
Wave Racer
What So Not

Edited by SOCCERROO FOX

Just got tickets to Groovin the Moo in Aus, not a great line up but normally a cracking day and worth the weekender.

Action Bronson (USA)

Andy Bull

Architecture In Helsinki

Cults (USA)

Disclosure (UK)

Dizzee Rascal (UK)

Holy F**K (CAN)

Illy

The Jezabels

The Jungle Giants

Karnivool

Kingswood

The Kite String Tangle

Loon Lake

The Naked And Famous (NZ)

Parkway Drive

Peking Duk

The Presets

Robert Delong (USA)

Thundamentals

Vance Joy

Violent Soho

Wave Racer

What So Not

Go see Action Bronson and it'll make your weekend.

Anyone ever been to Parklife? Is it as good a deal as it seems? 

£79.50 for Snoop, Foals, SBTRKT, Rudimental, Disclosure, Skream, Annie Mac, Katy B, PRE DI TAHHHH etc!! And it's only in Manchester, about a tenner on the train, kip in a hotel go back again the next day. 

Anyone ever been to Parklife? Is it as good a deal as it seems? 

£79.50 for Snoop, Foals, SBTRKT, Rudimental, Disclosure, Skream, Annie Mac, Katy B, PRE DI TAHHHH etc!! And it's only in Manchester, about a tenner on the train, kip in a hotel go back again the next day. 

Tempted with the line up this year. Maya Jane Coles, Jon Hopkins, Nina Kraviz, Jamie xx too the list goes on and on this year

My daughter and boyfriend went a couple of years ago and really enjoyed it. There where the usual problems of getting from stage to stage. The only issue is finding somewhere to stay. All the local hotels are already booked for this year.

Tempted with the line up this year. Maya Jane Coles, Jon Hopkins, Nina Kraviz, Jamie xx too the list goes on and on this year

My daughter and boyfriend went a couple of years ago and really enjoyed it. There where the usual problems of getting from stage to stage. The only issue is finding somewhere to stay. All the local hotels are already booked for this year.

Yeah it's a sweet line up for £80. 

I've spoke to a few people I know who've been before today an they all say definitely go, they're all going again etc. Staying around there could be tricky, guessing if you do find hotels they'll smash the prices up because they know they'll be in demand. I might try and find some people I know in Manc Uni and just kip on a floor somewhere. Only one night ain't it.