Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finchy

Festival Thread

How bad does Reading and Leeds look this year.

terrible isnt it so glad i didnt get tickets when we got back last year!! tempted to get a day ticket though, green day, frank turner, SOAD, def tones, bastille and new found glory all on the same day is tempting.

Field Day looks shit hot this year. Unfortunately I'd heard a lot of bad things about the sound. Anyone else been before?

Bit of a shambles when I went although the weather didn't help. Sound quality in the tents was only good if you were stood with your ear against the speaker - around the site generally it was very poor. The queues for the toilets were insane and it pissed it down all day. It's annoying because they always get a great line up and to be fair I went a few years ago so they might have sorted the problems out by now.

Bit of a shambles when I went although the weather didn't help. Sound quality in the tents was only good if you were stood with your ear against the speaker - around the site generally it was very poor. The queues for the toilets were insane and it pissed it down all day. It's annoying because they always get a great line up and to be fair I went a few years ago so they might have sorted the problems out by now.

The missus went last year (I think) and it was a similar story. It's annoying because it's only £50 and I'd quite happily pay to see Animal Collective, Bat For Lashes, Daughter, Django Django, Do Make Say Think, Everything Everything and Four Tet, plus there's a few more in there that I'd pop along to without fuss.

While I remember, Somerset House has announced the Summer Series. Tickets on sale on Friday at 9am. Annoyingly I'm at a stag do for Band Of Horses but I'm planning Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros, the missus is keen on Of Monsters And Men, and I'm tempted by First Aid Kit, Richard Hawley, and possibly even Tom Odell. Better than last year anyway.

Guest BlueBrett

Really want to do Tomorrowland in the next couple of years, looks awesome.

Tried to get tickets for this last year. Apparently when they go on sale the vendors deliberately and indiscriminately block 50% of UK IP addresses from accessing the payment system to prevent hoards of boozed up Brits turning up and spoiling their European atmosphere.

I'll be trying again this year

Wireless just added a 3rd day with Jay-Z & Justin Timberlake performing together, A Tribe Called Quest, Nas & A$AP Rocky. Some very mad people on Twitter tweeting.

I suspect people are pissed cos it's an extra £75 quid and we weren't told there would be a 3rd day when we got our weekend tickets. I won't be able to afford a Reading ticket, and 2 sets of frigging Wireless tickets in the same month. Livid that I'll miss Rizzle Kicks.

The missus went last year (I think) and it was a similar story. It's annoying because it's only £50 and I'd quite happily pay to see Animal Collective, Bat For Lashes, Daughter, Django Django, Do Make Say Think, Everything Everything and Four Tet, plus there's a few more in there that I'd pop along to without fuss.

While I remember, Somerset House has announced the Summer Series. Tickets on sale on Friday at 9am. Annoyingly I'm at a stag do for Band Of Horses but I'm planning Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros, the missus is keen on Of Monsters And Men, and I'm tempted by First Aid Kit, Richard Hawley, and possibly even Tom Odell. Better than last year anyway.

Cheers for that, will definitely be trying to get tickets for Of Monsters and Men.

Really want to do Tomorrowland in the next couple of years, looks awesome.

That looks quality. Heard lots of good things about Boomtown as well. Watching videos like that remind you that on their day a decent festival is the best place in the world by a fúcking mile.

Glasto again for me this year, for me it still can't be beaten.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Yeah I heard about this, is it actually the first day of the festival or before like these release parties they have all over Europe?

It's the day before the festival actually starts so it's not like the other launch parties they have, it's the official opening to the festival if that makes sense!

• 4 weeks later...

Managed to get some boat party tickets for Outlook last night after completely missing the release of them on Monday. Can anybody whos been before tell me if they sell more when you're actually out there?

Apparenty last year you could buy tickets off people who didn't go on for whatever reason. Not sure how that'll work this year with them saying they'll check IDs, which boat did you get?

Just seen the line up for v festival and have to say I can't imagine anything more shite and vomit inducing what a horrendously terrible lineup

I'd never go to it but I think that's a bit harsh. If you look a bit deeper I'd say there's definitely enough acts for me to enjoy myself there. 

Maximo Park (!!!), Basement Jaxx, Calvin Harris, Two Door, Courteeners, DJ Fresh, Jessie Ware & Labrinth to name a few. Sure the crowds would be full of bellends and the atmospheres probably pretty depressing but if you look a bit more at the line up and get past Olly Murs, Emeli Sandé, The Script, Kings of Leon, Scouting for Girls, Little Mix etc then you could plan yourself a decent two days of music. 

Going Leeds again this year. Line up on the face of it isn't huge but again, easily enough to have a boss time and see some great acts. 

I'd never go to it but I think that's a bit harsh. If you look a bit deeper I'd say there's definitely enough acts for me to enjoy myself there. 

Maximo Park (!!!), Basement Jaxx, Calvin Harris, Two Door, Courteeners, DJ Fresh, Jessie Ware & Labrinth to name a few. Sure the crowds would be full of bellends and the atmospheres probably pretty depressing but if you look a bit more at the line up and get past Olly Murs, Emeli Sandé, The Script, Kings of Leon, Scouting for Girls, Little Mix etc then you could plan yourself a decent two days of music. 

Going Leeds again this year. Line up on the face of it isn't huge but again, easily enough to have a boss time and see some great acts. 

Leeds has Deftones and NIN, that's worth the ticket price alone.

Not sure I could tolerate the pissed up 14 year olds in straw hats, though.

• 2 weeks later...

Isle of Wight Festival due to start tomorrow and it's been raining for the last two days.

This has the potential to be as disastrous as last year.

Rumour has it that not many tickets have been sold as one of the official ticket sellers had a two-day sale last week selling four-day camping tickets for £85 instead of £185 and there are tickets being sold on the gate.

Not my kind of line-up with the headliners being Stone Roses, The Killers and Bon Jovi.

The Bestival in September should be much better.

UK festivals are dying on their arse now anyway. The Carling festivals haven't sold out for a couple of years, even Glasto sells less than it used to.

Not surprising really, they charge £200 odd quid for entry, £7 for crap food and you have to put up with Panic at the Disco! and Jessie J.

UK festivals are dying on their arse now anyway. The Carling festivals haven't sold out for a couple of years, even Glasto sells less than it used to.

Not surprising really, they charge £200 odd quid for entry, £7 for crap food and you have to put up with Panic at the Disco! and Jessie J.

Glasto actually sells more than it used to due to increased capacity and over the last few years has generally sold out in less than 24 hours...

Edited by James.