Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finchy

Festival Thread

KW14_Soni_4th-anncmnt_web.jpg

Latest announcement for Sonisphere Knebworth and the line-up is starting to take shape. Pretty excited for this and would love to go see Metallica again and Maiden for the first time!

lol that is amazing. Just read through the acts at the bottom and saw the obvious wtf. Brilliant.

Only problem is with it only being 2 days there's loads of clashes. Snoop and Kendrick Lemar clash, on the Sunday Foals, Disclosure, SBTRKT & Carl Cox all headline different stages. 

True but for a UK line up £80 is amazing value. Especially with that kind of line up.

True but for a UK line up £80 is amazing value. Especially with that kind of line up.

Aye, a stadium tour/arena tour costs you about half that, so for two full days of boss acts and djs across 8 or more stages £80 is ridiculously cheap. Not complaining.

I know it was released around August last year but I've recently started listening to Performance by Outfit again and I'm really enjoying it. Saw them twice around October/November last year supporting Dutch Uncles.

Got this on next weekend, should be solid.

LanewayMelbourne2014.jpg

I know you've already been but looks good! I'd struggle to choose what to see. Saw Cloud Control a few months back actually, enjoyed that.

That stage on the right is all kinds of me. Saw Autre Ne Veut in Bristol and he was unreal.

Caught the last song or 2. Was ok, not really my style. They had a small cult following.

I know you've already been but looks good! I'd struggle to choose what to see. Saw Cloud Control a few months back actually, enjoyed that.

When you were in Aus? Yeah really enjoyed them, certaintly a highlight.

Anyone ever been to Parklife? Is it as good a deal as it seems?

£79.50 for Snoop, Foals, SBTRKT, Rudimental, Disclosure, Skream, Annie Mac, Katy B, PRE DI TAHHHH etc!! And it's only in Manchester, about a tenner on the train, kip in a hotel go back again the next day.

Went last year, was the first time they did it at Heaton Park and the first day was ridiculously unorganized with regards to the buses they put on to get there. Waited 2 hours. Second day was much better though. Also in the tents the sound systems weren't very good but hopefully they'll fix that. Saying all this it was a cracking weekend and I'll most likely be doing it again. Saw preditah last night at fabric need to see him again!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Reading n Leeds lineups get more and more generic every year. Some good names in there. The dance tent looks interesting. Disclosure have got really big, listened to them back in 2011 and 12, then forgot about them and all of a sudden headlining second stages.

Really feels like the festival is aiming at under 18s.

Reading n Leeds lineups get more and more generic every year. Some good names in there. The dance tent looks interesting. Disclosure have got really big, listened to them back in 2011 and 12, then forgot about them and all of a sudden headlining second stages.

Really feels like the festival is aiming at under 18s.

The last time I went in '11 it was pretty much full of kids that had just got their GCSE results. If there was anyone good on then I'd probably just go for the day.

Ynot is a pretty good festival, reasonably priced, affordable food, clean facilities and they get some decent acts.

The last time I went in '11 it was pretty much full of kids that had just got their GCSE results. If there was anyone good on then I'd probably just go for the day.

I went that year too,enjoyed the music I did see but yeah, not my crowd at all. PULP were so good.

I've been the last 4 Leeds and think I've outgrown it now at 20. I'd go again this year just on the line up, QOTSA, Arctics, Courteeners, SBTRKT etc easy enough for 2 or 3 quality acts a day and that's all you need.

Disclosure played the last Leeds but were booked before they got "big" so were about half 6 on the Friday in the tent and it was rammed. Too busy to have fun and full of massive helmets.