Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finchy

Festival Thread

Latest festival combo next year is looking like Coachella in April / Glasto in June / Boomtown in August. Got to make hay while the sun shines (before Mr and Mrs James start procreating)

Edited by James.

Leeds today woo hoo. 

Whatever bellend put Foals and Imagine Dragons on at nearly the same time on different stages is not my mate though. Hopefully Foals will be so fúcking unreal as per that it'll cushion the blow. 

Leeds today woo hoo. 

Whatever bellend put Foals and Imagine Dragons on at nearly the same time on different stages is not my mate though. Hopefully Foals will be so fúcking unreal as per that it'll cushion the blow. 

Agree entirely!

I'll be taking the old pinstriped Alliance and Leicester shirt from a few years ago with me so say Hello to a fellow Fox if you see it!

I was too bored, ill and ****ed off at Leeds to be very sociable.

How come you're not going Reading?

My options for the 2nd ticket I had were EX GF 1 or EX GF 2. Ain't nobody got time for them dramas.

Yeah I was hungover to **** also - birthday weekend - turning around was an effort. I actually had a little nap during the first half.

I worry for anyone who thought the Reading/Leeds lineups were brilliant and that's from someone that went.

Loved NiN and Skindred, enjoyed Green Day, Deftones and (I know, I know) Imagine Dragons.

A lot of very average, though. I can't remember what they clashed with but I missed The Jim Jones Revue (who I've seen before.) Hope they had a reasonably good crowd because they're absolutely ****ing amazing, especially live, they'd have rocked that tent. Might have been on when Trent was, can't remember.

It wasn't brilliant no, but easily enough good acts and crowds to have a good weekend. 

Highlights were (as I mentioned up there) Foals, who were as incredible as always live. Spanish Sahara live is one of the best experiences ever. As the sun was setting on the last night at the main stage. Special. 

Sub Focus was naughty too. Major Lazer smashed the NME to pieces. Phoenix were boss, very intimate gig because everyone was at Biffy Clyro or getting the shit punched out of them by big angry men at Knife Party. Top crowd. 

Eminem was a major let down but I think everyone was expecting that really. No way he was rapping live, he barely touched any of his old stuff and it wasn't even slightly loud enough, there was people just talking to each other over the top of it as if it was background music. 

Edit - Forgot to mention AlunaGeorge, which was a boss little gig. Chilled and dancy to fúck. 

Edited by ScouseFox

I was quite underwhelmed by the lineup but ended up going anyway, must've seen about 30 sets over the weekend, discovered some new bands and generally had a great time save for the pissing rain and mud. Some highlights for me were System, Skindred, Heaven's Basement, Subfocus, Black Moth, loved NiN but the crowd was a joke when you saw the size compared to the amount that went to see Fall Out Boy or Bastille.

• 2 weeks later...

Real shame.

As a music fan it sh1ts me that we pour money into the Curve but not a music festival visited by 12,000 people.

I've been 3 or 4 times and always had a good time. Decent location, nice atmosphere, good mix of music, bring your own booze on site. Mis-management by the council meant it lost lots of money a few years ago. DeMontfort Hall boss then got sacked, writing on the wall by then.

Very true. I don't feel the need to do any other festival now.

Literally the perfect festival. All the music exactly to my taste, cracking weather, soundsystems, venues, girls, people. I could go on. Miles ahead of anything I've ever attended in my life. Who was your favourite?

Literally the perfect festival. All the music exactly to my taste, cracking weather, soundsystems, venues, girls, people. I could go on. Miles ahead of anything I've ever attended in my life. Who was your favourite?

Deviation stage was amazing, Jay Electronica & Benji B especially. Boat parties were cool too. What about you?