Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finchy

Festival Thread

They sell less now than they did 5 years ago. 

I have no idea where you are getting that information.

To be honest I don't really care. It sold out in under 2 hours this time - hugely oversubscribed and for good reason, it's the best weekend of the year by an absolute mile.

I worked at the ticket company that sells them. I love Glastonbury, my point was that UK festivals aren't as popular as they were 3-4 years ago. 

Sonar, Primavera , Exit and the like have better acts, better weather, better crowds, are in better countries and are cheaper. 

I'd probably agree with the general point about UK festivals. Having been to Exit and Primavera there's no denying they shit all over most of the UK ones. Glasto's an exception though, it was ridiculously difficult to get a ticket this year and it always will sit on a pedastal above all the other UK festivals because of what it is.

I see the UK scene migrating to more boutique / smaller festivals. Stuff like Boomtown are going to get more and more popular while people look for an alternative to the mainstream larger ones.

festivals will only struggle the years Glastonbury is on because they struggle to get the headline acts. No way do Glastonbury sell less than 5 years ago. It was pretty much impossible to get one this year. 

Supply and demand, they have to have some people disappointed to keep that Glasto kudos. There's a reason they introduced the deposit scheme 3-4 years ago, to entice people who were baulking at going due to hefty price hikes and better alternatives.

You just know nowadays that come Glastonbury line-up day the headliners will be disappointing.

The smaller festivals in the UK always have the better line ups from what I've seen. Parklife had a pretty amazing line up.

Was really decent for £70

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...