Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finchy

Festival Thread

Off to Benicassim in July, not sure what to expect but I can't wait. Line up is  a little hit and miss at the minute, but boiling hot sunshine, beer and music is hard to beat.

A few of my friends went last year. They weren't a big fan of camping in 35C+ heat and reckon if they go again they'd get in a hotel. Overall though, sounded like they had a great time.

• 2 weeks later...

I fancy Reading or Leeds too. Never been to a festival before and I'm loving their line-up. Anyone recommend the weekend itself?

Been to Leeds for the weekend, top weekend if you can cope with little sleep. If not stop in one of the 'quiter' camp sites. We did the early bird pass the second time as well and its definitely worth it, first time took us 7 hours to get to in Leeds and basically no camping space left, so second time we went early bird and took us about 30mins to get in and plenty of choice where to camp. We loved it, take as much beer as you carry and junk food will save you a fortune. The late night discos on certain camp sites are mental and great if you just want to do some people watching!  

Think i am a bit old for it now being 30 but dont regret doing them a couple of years ago. 

go to leeds, go on the train, get an early bird, camp on yellow just behind the dj van/tent thing and don't sleep for more than an hour a night for the whole 5 nights. don't see more than 4 or 5 acts a day, don't go to the silent disco unless you have too and take a hip flask or two to put down your wellies so you can get drink into the arena and carry on getting whammed whilst watching acts. and be prepared to bring nothing home. not a chair, not a tent, not many clothes and not any dignity. just a bag with a few socks in and maybe a t shirt if you're lucky. 

top tips. 

Edited by ScouseFox

oh and take your own tent, doesn't matter who you go with, how many of you there are or how big your tent is, just make sure you have your own. i've been with an ex bird and our mates, with a few mates, with 30+ mates, it doesn't matter who you plan on sharing with you will have more fun if you don't share a tent. 

• 2 weeks later...

Going back to Outlook festival this year i think. Seems to be a lot easier flying directly there this year compared to last year.

Was a nightmare last year so ended up making a trip of it and doing Amsterdam and Venice first. What dates and airports is it best this year straight to Pula?

Was a nightmare last year so ended up making a trip of it and doing Amsterdam and Venice first. What dates and airports is it best this year straight to Pula?

We've been looking and you can fly from Leeds-Bradford (where we flew from last year), East Mids, Birmingham & Manchester are all options this year that we didn't have the choice of last year. Outlook runs from September 3-7 so planning on arriving a day or 2 before. You going this year?

We've been looking and you can fly from Leeds-Bradford (where we flew from last year), East Mids, Birmingham & Manchester are all options this year that we didn't have the choice of last year. Outlook runs from September 3-7 so planning on arriving a day or 2 before. You going this year?

Ah fair enough. And I have an internship this summer but don't know when it runs till so can't book anything yet! If it finishes before September I'm 100% going it's too good to miss

• 2 weeks later...

Might have got press accreditation for Merthyr rocks. Reel big fish, anti-flag, the blackout and taking back Sunday confirmed thus far. Worth it for anti-flag.

Also applied for beermageddon at the end of August - heavy metal festival.

Edited by The Doctor

• 1 month later...

Good weather for Glastonbudget ay. Ha.

Never seen such a massive contrast to last year, we went last year was about the hottest weekend of the year. My bro is there at the minute said it was like something about of the bible last night and this morning, glad i rain checked it this year!

Two of my mates bands are playing today and tomorrow though so bit gutted about missing them. Check out out the kingcrawlers and dig lazarus both decent local bands! 

Been to Leeds for the weekend, top weekend if you can cope with little sleep. If not stop in one of the 'quiter' camp sites. We did the early bird pass the second time as well and its definitely worth it, first time took us 7 hours to get to in Leeds and basically no camping space left, so second time we went early bird and took us about 30mins to get in and plenty of choice where to camp. We loved it, take as much beer as you carry and junk food will save you a fortune. The late night discos on certain camp sites are mental and great if you just want to do some people watching!  

Think i am a bit old for it now being 30 but dont regret doing them a couple of years ago. 

2 months later and I've only just seen this lol. Thanks mate, getting tickets this week!

• 2 weeks later...

Off to Benicassim in July, not sure what to expect but I can't wait. Line up is  a little hit and miss at the minute, but boiling hot sunshine, beer and music is hard to beat.

You'll love it mate, me and a couple of others from here went in '11 and it was fantastic, great week. Camping is a shitter but there's showers on sight, once you've made it past 8AM-2PM and the sun pipes down, you're golden.

Good advice is to buy bottles rather than tinnies and get one of those ice bag things in town to whack them in and carry them back from the town, they'll break and leak after one night but between a few of you will cost a couple of euros, worth it for cold beer for the night without forking out 7.50 a pint on site.

Oh, and you'll see signs advertising a LIDL nearby, don't go - it's ****ing miles away and there's a Supermercado on the main road through the town that's much closer.

*AND THE GIRLS JESUS CHRIST THE GIRLS

Edited by Miquel The Work Geordie

Saturday at Strawbs looks decent, Catfish and The Bottlemen, The Rifles and Rev.

Will be making the yearly pilgrimage to Leeds again, top line up for me this year! Always a nice surprise or 2 on the BBC introducing stage as well.

• 3 weeks later...