Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
maddog

Playoff Semi-Final Leg 1, Cardiff

Optimeter  

221 members have voted

1. 1. One foot inside Wembley??????????

Weale

Morrison/Solano

Hobbs

Brown

Berner

Gallagher

King

Wellens

Spearing

Waghorn

Vaughan

Subs: Logan, Bruce, Oakley, Dyer, Nguessan, Kermorgant, Fryatt

Hopefully Morrison is fit to return at RB. Think Brown should be back in the side.

One tough decision for NP will be the midfield. Spearing HAS to play in my opinion, he is class and looks quality. And then Andy King has to start too, with all the goals he's grabbed this season. Also, Wellens has been playing great lately. So them 3 MUST START in my opinion. 4-4-2 has been working great recently so we should stick with that. So that 4th place in midfield would be out of Gallagher and Dyer on one of the wings.

Personally, I would start Gallagher as he's great technically, and could whip in some great crosses and is good at setpieces. And then bring on Dyer with about 20 minutes to go, full of energy, running at the tiring Cardiff defence.

I wouldn't start Fryatt- dont think he's fully match fit. Leave him on the bench, and start with Waggy and Vaughan. Bring Fryatt on for last 20 minutes.

We've been playing great recently with 5 wins on the spin. We need to carry this momentum into the playoffs. I feel we need a home win, as itll be tough going to Cardiff needing to win. We're capable of defending a lead going into the 2nd leg.

My prediction- Leicester 2-1 Cardiff (Waghorn, King; Chopra)

I wonder if Nige will go back to the 4-2-3-1 formation that worked so well especially against the better quality teams or go for a solid 4-4-2. Really looking forward to saturday already, even though i'll be shitting it non stop for the full 90 :scarf:

I wonder if Nige will go back to the 4-2-3-1 formation that worked so well especially against the better quality teams or go for a solid 4-4-2. Really looking forward to saturday already, even though i'll be shitting it non stop for the full 90 :scarf:

It's on Sunday mate.

Guest Mee-9

I think we'll do it. Edge them over 2 legs by a single goal. It's going to be tight.

Whatever the outcome, we should all be proud of our team.

I think we'll do it. Edge them over 2 legs by a single goal. It's going to be tight.

Whatever the outcome, we should all be proud of our team.

We can resurrect the chant from our previous play-off games.

We're proud of ya, we're proud of ya, we're proud of ya, we're proud, we're proud of ya, we're proud ya, we're proud of ya, we're proud.

Not too many words to learnwhistle.gif

This poor 'Alex' fellow from the Cardiff forums, who trolls on here, I feel for him

Seems to think that Solano will play left-back for us :giggle: Get it into your skull and get your facts right love, he would play at RIGHT BACK if he was going to play, which he wont, because you need to look for the name MICHAEL MORRISION next Sunday.

Anyway, tough game, probably nick a win in the first leg, probably faulter at the CCS, purely on the basis of the scars I hold having been there twice this season and seeing us lose on both occasions.

Guest Mee-9

This poor 'Alex' fellow from the Cardiff forums, who trolls on here, I feel for him

Seems to think that Solano will play left-back for us :giggle: Get it into your skull and get your facts right love, he would play at RIGHT BACK if he was going to play, which he wont, because you need to look for the name MICHAEL MORRISION next Sunday.

Anyway, tough game, probably nick a win in the first leg, probably faulter at the CCS, purely on the basis of the scars I hold having been there twice this season and seeing us lose on both occasions.

Third time lucky maybe? :P

People on here shouldn't be too worried about the opposition on Sunday. Don't be.

NP will have the team well up for this. Yesterday I've never seen him so animated on the touchline. We'll be a really tough nut to crack over the next three games.

I don't expect us to concede at home and our 4-3-3 / 4-5-1 should work well at their place - as long as the pitch doesn't freeze over of course. lol

The confidence in this team is sky high and the level of performance from the players this season has been excellent.

I expect professional displays in both legs.

What going on TV wise for the playoffs if I cant make it? Will it be on Sky or BBC? Does anyone know about the World cup as well because ive seen the 3 for 2 thing for sky sports on xbox. Or isnt that worth it?

Hahahaha this Poll makes me laugh. :crylaugh: I really don't know why your so optimistic. Your well ... S**t, and we will beat you home and away. lol

We're so shit that we finished on equal points as you lot. And you have a better goal difference of....wait for it......a massive 3 goals. Impressive.

You're so much better than us.

World Cup is BBc and ITV. Play-offs I think is SKY!

So inevitable it will be streamed. Not worth it.

Yeah but want best quality. Do ya reckon I can just buy the play off games from Sky to watch on Sky player?

Link to sky vote (Leicester are losing) bottom right of page.........

http://www.skysports.com/football/

Can't believe we're last in that poll :giggle:

Slipping under the radar again, people obviously don't realise we've won our last 5 games, have done the double over Blackpool this season, and over '2 legs' beat Forest on away goals, and beat Cardiff on away goals.

I know they don't count on the playoffs but we have beaten them on away goals :giggle:

So we have the edge on all the playoff sides.

EDIT: We didn't beat Forest 4-0 at home you fooking idiot maddog.

Simply, i believe we have a better, more balanced side than they do. As long as the young uns dont get overawed by the occasion i can see a 2 or even 3 nil win here, and sneak a 1-0 across the border.

Theres a lot of win votes.....

From what i remember of Cardiff in the home League game they were a decent, well organised side but certainly were'nt anything special, and we beat them, i would say it was a comfortable 1-0 win, not a lucky scrape of a victory.

The way we have played in some League games this season has been excellent, and NP and the players will be so up for this one, more up for it than any other game under his leadership, so if we can produce the goods like we did at QPR, or high tempo, high effort and commitment against Newcastle, or thrashing Forest and Scunny, we could totally destroy them.

The home leg first is a massive advantage, IF you can win it, which hopefully we will.

Anyone know if either of our games are being televised? Sky are showing "a" play-off semi-final, both legs, so maybe one of each (though knowing Sky they'll count Forest v Blackpool as a bigger tv audience and go with both their legs.) I ask cos I'm away in North Norfolk and hoping to persuade any local hostelry with Satellite TV that this will be a display of quality football to draw the punters in! :whistle:

Archived