Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
maddog

Playoff Semi-Final Leg 1, Cardiff

Optimeter  

221 members have voted

1. 1. One foot inside Wembley??????????

Q. I can't remember - do away goals count double in terms of aggregate score or have I been watching too much Champions League?

This is according to Wiki, so can't be 100% sure it's accurate;

"The semi-finals of the promotion playoffs in the Football League, despite being two-legged, ceased to employ the away goals rule from 2000. As away goals scored in extra time counted double, the side finishing lower in the league gained an advantage by playing away in the second leg, thus giving them 30 more minutes to score an away goal. The rescinding of the away goals rule has affected the results of several play-off semi-finals."

Anyone else feel an absolute nervous wreck at the minute? And this is just the night before, what I am going to feel like tomorrow I just don’t know.

Part of me feels we may never get a better chance to go up?

Another part feels that we were never expected to even be any ware near the play offs so just relax and whatever will be will be?

:scarf:

Can we recall DJ for tomorrow?

For some reason it just feels like another game to me. I guess that comes from being a manager and take the philosophy of keep the pressure off players and don't big up games. Keep consistency throughout the season. Think Pearson will have the same attitude to be honest. If we come out relaxed then we can play OUR game and just get on with what we do best. Think we will be less nervous then Cardiff their is far less pressure on us.

2-0 Foxes :scarf:

I really hope we can put in a performance for the whole 90 mins tomorrow.

We cannot afford the good half/bad half syndrome (which has occurred in countless games this season) to happen against a quality side like Cardiff.

Unbelievably nervous at the moment. >_<

Is anyone else thinking that if we can get past Cardiff and Blackpool get a draw at Forest we are in the PL?

Because i'm confident in a playoff final against Blackpool we would come out on top.

So get past Cardiff, and we could be there.

Massive game tomorrow.

Guest DavidJCW

We need a 2 goal advantage going to Cardiff... then I'll feel that we've got an excellent chance.

However, it's most probably going to be a tight game with one side winning by one goal at most... much like most of our games this season.

My heart says 3-1 Leicester... my head says 1-1.

Archived