Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fosse Boy

Fosse Boys - Leicester City Ultras

This thread'll now gain another 100 pages this week after this.

As far as I'm aware from a phonecall I just made, it probably won't.

No mention of any flag in what I was told, something to do with confetti apparently being a major hazard though.

As far as I'm aware from a phonecall I just made, it probably won't.

No mention of any flag in what I was told, something to do with confetti apparently being a major hazard though.

lol confetti?!

People rip up bits of bet slips and throw them in the air all the time! That's mental.

I look forward to reading about today's events anyway.

Pretty sad walking out because you've not got your own way. I thought this was based on supporting the team, not about yourselves.

The alternative side of the argument is that by splitting the group up, the club is destroying their ability to support the tram in the way they are aiming I.e. Improving the atmosphere t the ground, and this walkout was to show that the Fosse Boys aren't for that.

I'm neutral in all this, I'm just throwing ideas out there

The alternative side of the argument is that by splitting the group up, the club is destroying their ability to support the tram in the way they are aiming I.e. Improving the atmosphere t the ground, and this walkout was to show that the Fosse Boys aren't for that.

I'm neutral in all this, I'm just throwing ideas out there

Exactly. Don't let the Club divide and conquer. :thumbup:

The majority of people who have posted in this thread since the incident today haven't got a clue so why start throwing accusations around until you know the FACTS?

don't matter none. they wernt supporting the team by leaving the stand they were acting like kids. its a forum and were aloud to say what we think - deal with it.

Pretty sad walking out because you've not got your own way. I thought this was based on supporting the team, not about yourselves.

THIS

I was afraid that this would become an us vs them scenario. The idea is a good one but the execution is piss poor. Beckoning people to come and join you today and ganging up on a couple of stewards did not look good. One of the stewards looked about 20 and he was just being barged past and verbally abused.

I'm all for what you're trying to achieve but if you're trying to turn it into a battle between you and the club, you are going to lose and the more you push it the more resistance you'll come up against.

The main core of the Fosse Boys (from what i've heard at the ground and on this forum) seem to be decent supporters with their heads screwed on but there seems to be a growing element looking to have it out with the stewards and whilst I dont have much time for the stewards, they are there and getting paid to stop disruption.

Try and remember that the stewards are not trained professionals or badged security staff, they are by in large fans who cant afford tickets so do this as an alternative to see the game.

There was a really negative undertone today and if it carries on I can see it really ending badly.

IF confetti was the reason they were ejected is true, I'll eat my own face... I'm not jumping to any conclusions, BUT if the stewards got involved because

A) the FB weren't sitting in allocated seats, or

B) the FB bought in unauthorised flags,

I'll have no sympathy at all. Walking out for one of those reasons is indefensible.

Will wait to see the facts before making up my mind...

all this about the fosse boys its getting pretty boring even that dick stringer is mentioning it on the radio ffs when does it stop. I dont care about a bunch of students who put stickers up everywhere and sing. . why not just move to the east stand if you want to stand and sing,

The impression I got from speaking on the phone to one of the Fosse Boys who left was that the stewarding presence had increased in their section of the ground, they'd confiscated a large bag of confetti as it was hazardous / dangerous and that one of the Fosse Boys who has been with the group since its inception was turned away from their area. Those who walked out were already in the Fosse Boys area and left as a matter of principle: namely that they should be a unified group and that they wouldn't stand for the "mis-treatment" of one of their own. From what I know, it wasn't to do with them specific members having the wrong tickets.

If I've misinterpreted what I've been told and if there's anything any of those there today wish to add to it, then fine and I'll stand corrected.

:thumbup:

Please do care to enlighten. . .

Right, first of all, I tried to bring in a bag of confetti, this got took off of me as I came up the stairs, I was told you need a fire safety certificate for it and that it hasn't been approved, he told me that it has to be approved by Lee Hoos before it's allowed in the stand. Second of all, there are three people who sit in front of us whom I know very well after having an ST next to them for three years, as they always do, when taking there seats they draped two England flags with Leicester City amendments (can't remember if it's the badge or 'Leicester City') over the seats on the row in front of them which are only occupied for 2/3 games a season. When they did this, 2 stewards came and told them to take them down. This has never happened before so why has it suddenly happened now? After arguing with the stewards and pointing out that PNE had the very same flag with there own amendments on, draped across seats in the away end, the stewards allowed the flags to stay. After this, the steward that had previously took my confetti off of me came and gave it me back telling me it now had clearance? I mean wtf?! After about 5/10 minutes there was a person try and come over to the part in which we stand in SK1 and the stewards wouldn't allow it, I mean come on, what difference does it make if he is moving from one part of the ground to an area that is virtually empty? After this, about 4 of the members decided they had had enough and left the ground, there choice, I didn't do it personally, but they are quite within there rights to do so. After this, me SAML and someone else, not sure of his name went down to the concourse and were chatting to the stewards who were pretty sound, especially the woman who when we told her that Barclay is a willy puller, declined to give us her opinion (make up your own mind as to what this means). After this, we went back upto the stand and proceded to sing "supporters, not customers" for a good 10 minutes which enticed many to try and come over to us. The stewards at this point tried to stop this but gave in when there were too many and went back to the top of the steps. I asked the steward, who was sound I would like to add, what he was going to do about this then, he said "what can I do?" He then looked down at his superior below, shrugged his shoulders then left and we never saw him again. That's it basically.

Archived