Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JoeyB

Football Manager 2011

lcfcsignings.png

I think im done signing players

Just add N'Guessan on loan to Brentford and you've mirrored my transfers out :P An OK haul, even if I don't think Eagles and Cohen are worth that amount of money especially when looking at the alternatives

2nd in the league after 6 games. Won all league games so far except for a 2-0 defeat at Cardiff. Only conceded 2 goals so far in the Championship. I got knocked out of the league cup at Notts County after extra time though. That will teach me for playing a second string team!

My only signings have been Chris Eagles for £3.5m and Vassell on a free (my top scorer with 4 goals).

Playing 4-4-2 at home and 4-5-1 / 4-3-3 away from home.

Andy King is amazing. Scored about 3 screamers from long range already.

Andy King and Buzsaky :D

should be on add/remove programs then. Try deleting the FM 2010 folder from your hard drive (C/Program File/Sports interactive, or somewhere similiar)

That's not gonna work, is it? What do you plan on doing with the registry keys etc. it leaves behind...

if you download this via steam, do you need to be connected to the internet to play it?

edit: No you don't. beat galatasary 5-1 goals from king (2), fryatt, vassell and woods.

signed Peter Wittingham, Chris Eagles, Darius Vassell, George Elekobi (sp), Abdoulye Meite and Chris Woods (season long loan from west brom)

Had a quick go on this demo. Been impressed with what I have seen, contract negotiation is much better and sometimes very frustrating :giggle: I have bought in at Leicester (so far):

D.Vassell (free)

P.Whittingham (2.2 mil)

K.Westwood (1.2 mil)

D.Shittu (trial)

G.Franco (trial)

S.Coleman (loan)

J.Stanislas (loan)

Lost my first friendly 2-1, Vassell with only goal.

won all the friendlies except sevilla (lost 3-2 , had been 2-1 up).

beat middlesborough first game, 1-0 down with 30 minutes to go, brought off eagles & wood, sent on fryatt and waghorn and went 4-3-3, king bent home a stunner from 30 yards before hobbs tapped home a corner at the far stick to win it. Hobbs however has been taken off injured.

hmm. Just been asked in a press conference by a journalist from BBC radio leicester (No name given - stringer?) whether Winston Bogarde can put pressure on martyn waghorn to keep his place in the team after injury, not sure why he's asked that when wiston bogarde is an unemployed coach and has nothing to do with the leicester team i've put together.

I got too excited and signed too many players.

Jonjo Shelvey - Loan (Fans think hes shit)

Michael Ball - Free

Seamus Coleman - Loan

Danny Shittu - Free

Peter Whittingham - 3m (By the looks of everyone else i've paid far too much for him)

Guillermo Franco - Free

Sylvinho - Free

Jeremie Aliadiere - Free

Olivier Kapo - Free

Scott Loach - 875k

Henri Lansbury - Loan (Fans love him)

Gael Nlundulu - Free (Sent straight out on loan - pointless signing on the demo)

Garry O'Connor - 700k

Sold loads too including Fryatt, Oakley, Dyer, Berner, Nielsen and loaned out everyone in the reserves and Moussa and N'Guessan. It's impossible to sell Howard, Moreno and Logan.

Michael Ball - Free

Seamus Coleman - Loan

Danny Shittu - Free

Peter Whittingham - 3m (By the looks of everyone else i've paid far too much for him)

Guillermo Franco - Free

Sylvinho - Free

Jeremie Aliadiere - Free

Olivier Kapo - Free

Scott Loach - 875k

Gael Nlundulu - Free (Sent straight out on loan - pointless signing on the demo)

Garry O'Connor - 700k

Sold loads too including Fryatt, Oakley, Dyer, Berner, Nielsen and loaned out everyone in the reserves and Moussa and N'Guessan. It's impossible to sell Howard, Moreno and Logan.

Complete clear-out then? Do share your results with us when you get that far. Want to see if team blending is even more pronounced in this version.

And the fact I've looked at all those players and a few bucketloads more really highlights how little room for maneuver there is in the demo :P

Michael Ball - Free

Seamus Coleman - Loan

Danny Shittu - Free

Guillermo Franco - Free

Sylvinho - Free

Jeremie Aliadiere - Free

Olivier Kapo - Free

Scott Loach - 875k

Garry O'Connor - 700k

It's not impossible to sell logan, i've loaned him out with a permenant deal available to charlton. Looking like i might have to call him back though. Weale out for 2 months, both youth teamers out for a month. Ambrusics only keeper left.

is this nice and simple to uninstall and clear from my comp!? i can play it this week but it needs to go afterwards. and i don't want it hanging around clogging up my comp (and taking up my time) - one of the old CM's did that - i just couldn't get rid of it!

don't laugh - how do i minimise FM/get out of the game without having to quit??! (i'm on a mac if that matters) :thumbup::whistle:

put it in windowed mode (preferences/display & Sound/ change screen size to windowed)? Not sure that works for everyone, depends on quality of your monitor - if it's not good enough it's greyed out.

put it in windowed mode (preferences/display & Sound/ change screen size to windowed)? Not sure that works for everyone, depends on quality of your monitor - if it's not good enough it's greyed out.

cheers you've saved my night :thumbup:

How you all finding it then?

pretty good.

the contract negotion is a nice touch, but disappointing you can't make an offer to try and tempt them when they said they don't want to sign for you (you could in the old games).

Found a slight problem in the press conferences (see my post slightly up the page about winston bogarde & martyn waghorn (post number 287)).

tbh i'm not finding it as engrossing (FM08 was my last so i'm a little old skool). it's a little too much for me, complex for the sake of it at times. still great tho, but i don't see myself wasting days on it, which is a good thing really.

Archived