Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JoeyB

Football Manager 2011

How you all finding it then?

Enjoying it very much, the new features (especially the contract negotiations and improved player communication) are a welcome addition.

Signed Vassell (free), Loach (900K), Wood (loan), Whittingham (2.5m), Eagles (3.3m) and Ball (free). Won all my pre season friendlies barring Seville, beating Cardiff away 5-0 was particularly pleasing. :D

Only played two 'proper' games so far, 1-0 victory over 'Boro and a 2-0 win over Hartlepool in the cup.

Impressed so far Ricey, any chance of another 'interview? :P

Complete clear-out then? Do share your results with us when you get that far. Want to see if team blending is even more pronounced in this version.

And the fact I've looked at all those players and a few bucketloads more really highlights how little room for maneuver there is in the demo :P

It wasn't going well at all so i had another crack at it. Focused more on who i bought than positions i bought for. And clearly its worked because im top after 2 games beating Boro 2-0 and Ipswich 6-0! Also battered Port Vale 4-1 and ripped Micky Adams a new arsehole in the press. Danny Shittu and Jeremie Aliadiere are goal machines!

Still had a relative clearout and replace and spent money better i think. I've so nearly signed Amr Zaki as well were it not for passport issues.

Ins:

Lansbury, Wood (Both Loan)

Aliadiere, Ball, Mendy, Shittu and Franco (All Free)

Whittingham (1.8m)

Westwood (1.5m)

Aron Gunnarson and Brian Easton (both 1m)

Morgan 'FM Ledge' Schniederlin (2.5m) - probably too much but i don't care.

Outs:

Oakley, Nielsen, Dyer, Wellens, Howard, Morrison, N'Guessan, Verma, Berner (2.2m combined)

Moussa, Logan, Chambers, C King, John, Kennedy, Crncic (Loans)

How you all finding it then?

Loving the new contract negotiations. Much improved as everyone else has said. Was hoping to see some of the FML stylee quick tactic commands in the game. I might have missed them tbh. I can see there sort of implemented with the preparation screens. Will investigate more.

Loving the new contract negotiations. Much improved as everyone else has said. Was hoping to see some of the FML stylee quick tactic commands in the game. I might have missed them tbh. I can see there sort of implemented with the preparation screens. Will investigate more.

Quick Tactics are in FM, they are in a drop down underneath your teams name in TV View and in the right-hand corner in Classic View.

tbh i'm not finding it as engrossing (FM08 was my last so i'm a little old skool). it's a little too much for me, complex for the sake of it at times. still great tho, but i don't see myself wasting days on it, which is a good thing really.

FM08 was the last great FM, the later versions just don't have the same addictiveness.

yeah sure, well, i'll try to!

my last FM was 08, so naturally there's more for me to pick up, but a lot of features that have been added that whilst appear to add realism, basically slow the game down a bit, and actually don't add much to the game, imo. Basically, there's no radical overhaul (nor should there be), but things are now overly detailed, and as a result it's harder to get through at the desired pace (a little tedious, almost). I used to love bashing out a season on a day off, i'm not sure i could do it with this. I can't comment on the 2d/3d match day stuff cause i've always been one for the traditional format. Maybe it's old age, but there's too much going on on the screen too now. Gives me a bit of a headache. Sometimes less is more, i think that's what i'm trying to say, although i appreciate that cliental will always want new features/design/layouts etc - and that from a £ making viewpoint, the constant additions are worthwhile.

If i can put it like this - CM2 (my 1st of the game) was obviously pretty basic, but totally engrossing. It peaked at 01/02 imo. It was still addictive and the detail/coverage of what happens to a football manager/options at the time was perfect. It progressed, grew had ups and downs (CM4) and peaked again at 08. This seems too much, it's losing the charm of CM/FM. That's my honest, early opinion.

Loving this. The new contract negotiations and private chats are very good.

Started with Leicester. Not sold any one, but signed the following:

Greg Cunningham - Season Loan (Not brilliant but wanted to copy Sven)

David Hoilett - Season Loan

Ciaran Clark - Season Loan

Kyle Walker - Season Loan (Naughton wouldn't come)

Julio Cruz - Free

Wade Elliott - 1.4m

Kris Commons - 2.2m

Matthew Briggs - 1.4m

Tried to avoid the obvious signings. Opting for a 4-5-1 / 4-3-3.

Will see how it goes.

yeah sure, well, i'll try to!

my last FM was 08, so naturally there's more for me to pick up, but a lot of features that have been added that whilst appear to add realism, basically slow the game down a bit, and actually don't add much to the game, imo. Basically, there's no radical overhaul (nor should there be), but things are now overly detailed, and as a result it's harder to get through at the desired pace (a little tedious, almost). I used to love bashing out a season on a day off, i'm not sure i could do it with this. I can't comment on the 2d/3d match day stuff cause i've always been one for the traditional format. Maybe it's old age, but there's too much going on on the screen too now. Gives me a bit of a headache. Sometimes less is more, i think that's what i'm trying to say, although i appreciate that cliental will always want new features/design/layouts etc - and that from a £ making viewpoint, the constant additions are worthwhile.

If i can put it like this - CM2 (my 1st of the game) was obviously pretty basic, but totally engrossing. It peaked at 01/02 imo. It was still addictive and the detail/coverage of what happens to a football manager/options at the time was perfect. It progressed, grew had ups and downs (CM4) and peaked again at 08. This seems too much, it's losing the charm of CM/FM. That's my honest, early opinion.

Can you not fiddle with the settings to get your assistant manager to do a lot of the stuff that you feel is slowing the game down?

I personally love it the more detailed it gets but in my experience with FM games (I didn't get last years) the more features they get the more you can generally fob off on your AM.

Can you not fiddle with the settings to get your assistant manager to do a lot of the stuff that you feel is slowing the game down?

I personally love it the more detailed it gets but in my experience with FM games (I didn't get last years) the more features they get the more you can generally fob off on your AM.

yeah but i like to be hands on, just not with the same old repetitive stuff. if i leave AM to do everything wont that eventually back fire? definitely the screen is too busy for me i've decided!

ironically Fryatt is dynamite up front on his own in a 4-5-1 formation.

Got Whittingham (excellent) St Ledger (poor), mendy (so so) and wickham (poor) in. Kakuta, Woods (meh), Coleman (sound) on loan. Oakley, Moussa (loan) out. Waggy out for 4 months. Very inconsistent but been floating between 4th and 7th last few games. Weale is poor. Left back is a tough call. not been playing Dyer much, doesn't seem all that.

Really trying to get into it but i just can't, sorry :(

I think its too complicated as well, but I will still be getting it. I remember playing Championship Manager 03/04 and 5 when I was around 8. I would get through a season in a day easy and couldn't get enough of it. Now though, it takes about 3 days to do a season and thats with playing a lot. I don't want pre-match team talks or interviews with new signings and thoughts on them, I just want to sign them, set up a formation and play the matches.

Would love it if I could get a updated CM 5 with all the latest teams throughout, would suit me really well.

Archived