Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bilo

Coventry

I Was Just Sayin tht We Normally Get About An Intial Allocation Of 3000 or so For Cov And I Just Wondered Why They Only Gave US Tht Many, And Btw I Put If More IF We Sell Them :/ More Like U Shud Start Stop Writin Like Tht Avin A Go At Me All Because I Put 1 Lil Point Wot Was On My Mind!

Most clubs used to work on sale or return, but its different now, Leicester are cautious and don't want to be left with tickets they cant shift otherwise they will be charged their value whether sold or not. We've taken just short of 2000, that will goto 3, 4 and 5,000 if need be, 4800 went last year and it was one of the quietest away ends I have been in and generally a rubbish day out. The club have form, prices in the current climate and the kick off time to consider and it must be a difficult to guesstimate what numbers may want to go.

Most clubs used to work on sale or return, but its different now, Leicester are cautious and don't want to be left with tickets they cant shift otherwise they will be charged their value whether sold or not. We've taken just short of 2000, that will goto 3, 4 and 5,000 if need be, 4800 went last year and it was one of the quietest away ends I have been in and generally a rubbish day out. The club have form, prices in the current climate and the kick off time to consider and it must be a difficult to guesstimate what numbers may want to go.

Bloody hate that word, such a contradiction of terms!!!

I didnt realise we only took about 4500 fans to cov last season thought it was about 6000 to be honest, i understand they will give us more if needed but i thought it was a bit low for a m69 derby i no that might not seem a derby to some people but sum people think it is a derby and also the prices are a bit steep plus it only about 30 mins dwn the road, justed wanted some views about it. i wasnt trying to have a go at the club or the support because i no we take very good away support.

I didnt realise we only took about 4500 fans to cov last season thought it was about 6000 to be honest, i understand they will give us more if needed but i thought it was a bit low for a m69 derby i no that might not seem a derby to some people but sum people think it is a derby and also the prices are a bit steep plus it only about 30 mins dwn the road, justed wanted some views about it. i wasnt trying to have a go at the club or the support because i no we take very good away support.

Likewise wasn't having a go at you either fella, just giving you a bit of an idea as to how it works, on current form you'll easily get a ticket at Cov, worst case scenario you'll be able to buy one of about 15000 empty seats in the home end if we somehow manage to sell out!

Where's the nearest 'Spoons ?

Theres gotta be one in Cov? Surely? On second thoughts....

You might be better off going Nuneaton or Bedworth (Think theres 1 in Bedworth), Theres 2 in Nuneaton.

(Even if there was one in Cov centre it'd still be trek to the stadium from it so your probably closer going Nuneaton or Bedworth.)

Theres gotta be one in Cov? Surely? On second thoughts....

You might be better off going Nuneaton or Bedworth (Think theres 1 in Bedworth), Theres 2 in Nuneaton.

(Even if there was one in Cov centre it'd still be trek to the stadium from it so your probably closer going Nuneaton or Bedworth.)

Cheers for the info, think im gonna go the Bedworth, Exhall route anyway so all is good :)

Right, £25 for a ticket is'nt exactly cheap but it's far from expensive too, especially when 800 people paid £18 to see a meaningless friendly at Peterborough (admittedly not me) and the prices we charge at our place

Being from the hinckley area THIS is my big derby game of the season so come on lets all get down that sh*t hole of a god forsaken place and cheer our boys on !!! :scarf:

Lets show them what real support is.

I find it weird that you say it's a shit away day when you bring your 4,000 and sit in silence? We might bring 2,000 but at least we make a bit of racket.

As for the prices, 25 pound isn't even that high. You charge us more than that !!.

I find it weird that you say it's a shit away day when you bring your 4,000 and sit in silence? We might bring 2,000 but at least we make a bit of racket.

As for the prices, 25 pound isn't even that high. You charge us more than that !!.

We say it's shit away day because we bring 4,000 - A good 2 or 3,000 of them sitting in silence and killing the atmosphere - Aka (What many on here label them) ******, Daytrippers, Not 'propa' fans.

It's not just that (It's one of the main reasons) but it is generally just abit of a shit away day.

That's exactly why it's shite.

We get a big away following for this because it's close and people can say "well I've been to an away game this season". At Leeds last night, the atmosphere wasn't great, but I can already guarantee it'll be better than this game, in our end anyway.

£25 isn't that high you're right, but we offer an under 22/student price, whereas you don't.

Give me 1000 at Ashton Gate or Edgar St any day over this pile of tripe.

We get a big away following for this because it's close and people can say "well I've been to an away game this season". At Leeds last night, the atmosphere wasn't great, but I can already guarantee it'll be better than this game, in our end anyway.

£25 isn't that high you're right, but we offer an under 22/student price, whereas you don't.

Correct Rob.

Ala the 2.5k that we took Palace - superb.

Cov Away is an absolute disabled fest. Similar to MK Dons and all the day trippers a few years back.

Correct Rob.

Ala the 2.5k that we took Palace - superb.

Cov Away is an absolute disabled fest. Similar to MK Dons and all the day trippers a few years back.

MK Dons, save for Maxi's goal, was the absolute worst away day experience I've ever had.

I include last season's Forest debacle in that.

MK Dons, save for Maxi's goal, was the absolute worst away day experience I've ever had.

I include last season's Forest debacle in that.

Agreed.

Apart from the actual game last year at Forest - it was one of the better days from a personal point of view - LAGER fuelled.

Absolutely correct.

Been the Ricoh twice, probably never gonna go again.

I actually think the Ricoh would be a gash away day even if tickets were £15 to all, it was the last day of the season with Cov getting relegated and us getting promoted with the kind of weather that the Caribbean would be proud of. It's just straight woeful, end of. The place is just not conducive to a good atmosphere.

I actually think the Ricoh would be a gash away day even if tickets were £15 to all, it was the last day of the season with Cov getting relegated and us getting promoted with the kind of weather that the Caribbean would be proud of. It's just straight woeful, end of. The place is just not conducive to a good atmosphere.

To be fair, we established this on the first page.

Fair enough.

I've probably posted more on this thread than any other ticket & travel thread and I'm not even going. lol

**** it. Preparations for the CC 3rd Round are afoot.

Archived