Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
James.

Albums you haven't listened to for ages but then when you do listen to them you wonder why you didn't listen to them for ages

anberlin-dark-is-the-way-light-is-a-place.png

Only about 9 months old, but I keep forgetting how good it is.

edit: since the cover doesn't say what it is thought I should.

It's "Dark Is The Way, Light Is A Place" by Anberlin

Edited by ajthefox

Deserter's Songs by Mercury Rev. Always loved it but haven't listen to it in about 5 years. Moved flat not long ago and had one of those "Oooooh, I think I'll go through my old CDs" days. Put it on and just sat and listened to the whole thing. Realised it is probably an even better album than I even used to think. Just absolutely beautiful. It sounds like a soundtrack for an unmade Disney movie that's about death and addiction and depression instead of mermaids or dwarfs or whatever. Just perfect,

x

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't have you down as liking AFI!

There's only a couple of songs I like by them - Love Like Winter and Miss Murder. Mind you I've only listened to Decemberunderground. Are all their albums worth getting, as well as the above?

If you've only listened to their recent stuff then I'm somewhat glad you didn't have me down as a fan. :thumbup:

You'd probably like Sing the Sorrow, it was a big step towards the mainstream and a sort of indication of things to come - so we shouldn't have been too surprised by Decemberunderground, though it was a shame all the same.

Black Sails in the Sunset and Art of Drowning are excellent albums but I'm not sure if they'd be to your tastes, more solid punk music.

• 3 weeks later...