Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
norfolkfox222

Daniel Uchechi on loan until the end of the season,

Guest BlueBrett

He must have played his arse off during his trial to get the move. Never even started for West Ham or Charlton. Trust Sven though.

Leicester City sign striker Daniel Uchechi on loan

_51038224_uchechi226_getty.jpg

Uchechi has been on trial at the Walkers Stadium

Leicester City have signed Nigerian striker Daniel Uchechi on loan until the end of the season.

The 21-year-old, who joins from FC Dender in Nigeria, has been on trial at the Walkers Stadium and joins subject to Football League approval.

Uchechi, who is a Nigerian Under-20 and Under-23 international, moved to England in 2002 and was on the books at Charlton Athletic and West Ham.

He becomes manager Sven-Goran Eriksson's fifth January signing.

Defender Ben Mee and striker Yakubu have both joined on loan, while Kyle Naughton's loan deal has been extended and there has been a permanent deal for Sol Bamba.

21? Probably more like 25 to 29... giggle.gif

5 Already on loan, this makes it 6. I remember someone posting that Sven didn't want more than 6 on loan? So surely this is his last one!?

-------

EDIT: Just saw the above post, phew.

Who else do we have on loan?

Yakubu, Mee, Naughton, Vitor and now Uchechi.

Am I missing someone?

To be fair, the majority of loan signings we've made this season have excelled my expectations - most of these players have turned out to be real class.

Sven and his staff have pulled off some fantastic moves so far, Uchechi is just another piece in the puzzle.

And if he fails to impress, no big deal.

He's no Emile, I give you that.

Another big time City signing. What a joke.

Would you prefer that Sven was splashing cash around like no tomorrow?

We can't afford to pay prem wages in the championship. If we don't get promoted and we are stuck with some big name players, like Chris Kirkland for example, on big wages we would end up in financial disarry.

I'm not sure what you expect, we are playing well, climbing the league and are in a good position to mount a serious challenge on the play offs. We have the players to get out of this division, but we can't guarantee it, and players like Yakubu, Kirkland, Naughton are a risk to sign outright, because if we don't get promoted and have to pay their wages then we are in trouble. If we get promoted this season then you will see some big names coming in the summer for sure. Until then we are still a mid-table championship club.

Archived