Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
docho66

LCFC Twatter Transfer News

Exactly. It's not in their interests to throw money away. They have a wage structure which they don't want to break until we get into the premiership. This goes to show they're in this for the long run. They want success for us as much as we do.

People cant honestly believe sven has 50 millions pounds to spend on transfers this season :rolleyes:

You aren't grasping the concept are you.

All I can say further is the person who posted it has previously been very much in the know, I can't say it's 100% true as it's not come from a source of mine. So take from that what you want.

It doesn't matter if we have £10m, £50m, or £100m. Everyone thinks we have money, therefore are holding out for big fees. Simple as. This is hindering some of the players Sven has sought, and is turning other fans apathy of us into bile, discontent and jealousy.

I totally understand that the owners don't want to be taken for mugs. Regardless of the statement made Sven or Hoos about the transfer fund available, it's pretty common knowledge that the owners want Premiership promotion this season, and have the funds to put a team together to do so. If you were a team with a player we wanted, you'd know that you the a distinct advantage over us.

I think we will pay over the odds for more than one player before the transfer window closes. Who that will be is a matter of who holds out the longest and whether Sven has his poke in other fires.

You aren't grasping the concept are you.

All I can say further is the person who posted it has previously been very much in the know, I can't say it's 100% true as it's not come from a source of mine. So take from that what you want.

I can grasp the concept, its just my opinion that its not true.

I think its actually ridiculous to suggest it :crylaugh:

It doesn't matter if we have £10m, £50m, or £100m. Everyone thinks we have money, therefore are holding out for big fees. Simple as. This is hindering some of the players Sven has sought, and is turning other fans apathy of us into bile, discontent and jealousy.

I totally understand that the owners don't want to be taken for mugs. Regardless of the statement made Sven or Hoos about the transfer fund available, it's pretty common knowledge that the owners want Premiership promotion this season, and have the funds to put a team together to do so. If you were a team with a player we wanted, you'd know that you the a distinct advantage over us.

I think we will pay over the odds for more than one player before the transfer window closes. Who that will be is a matter of who holds out the longest and whether Sven has his poke in other fires.

What you're saying is true and I agree with you, but the other side of the coin is that players will also know that we are ambitious, wealthy and all the rest of it and will be more inclined to join us. So it's good in a way.

What you're saying is true and I agree with you, but the other side of the coin is that players will also know that we are ambitious, wealthy and all the rest of it and will be more inclined to join us. So it's good in a way.

The additional problem is that the players (see Yakubu) who have an overinflated value of what they are worth, be it sign-on fees, bonus rewards, agent fees, or straightforward outlandish wage demands. I'm sure Yak isn't the only one who will turn a deal sour in the window, as they get greedy for the wealth they feel we have.

The additional problem is that the players (see Yakubu) who have an overinflated value of what they are worth, be it sign-on fees, bonus rewards, agent fees, or straightforward outlandish wage demands. I'm sure Yak isn't the only one who will turn a deal sour in the window, as they get greedy for the wealth they feel we have.

True, in that case they'll just have to go to clubs willing to accept their demands. Personally I can't see any clubs with the exception of WH and (possibly) Brum being willing to offer more than us this year if we really wanted someone. I'd rather get someone like CMS in on a reasonable contract as opposed to getting shafted by the Yak and his agent as I'm sure anyone would.

Q.How do you all think connor wickham being sold for 10 mill will affect the transfer landscape?

Sunderland seem to be in the habit of paying over the odds for players in the last few seasons. How this is going to affect the market? Well we are in different market really, so won't affect our prices. However, if by that question, you are suggesting that the Premiership teams have yet to really get stuck in the marketplace, and we might have bidding wars for our own players... I would say that for example, that Andy King might go for something in the range of £5-6m should the team seeking him want to spend their hard earned dough.

Q.How do you all think connor wickham being sold for 10 mill will affect the transfer landscape?

Another Steve Bruce crazy buy. How is this kid worth that money. 15 goals in 72 games.... It's hardly prolific. Transfer fees for English players are ridiculous.

Jordan Henderson 17.... Should be 5

Conor Wickham 10.... Should be 3

Phil Jones 15.... Should be 5

So my rule is pay 3x the value if English. The worlds gone mad!

Another Steve Bruce crazy buy. How is this kid worth that money. 15 goals in 72 games.... It's hardly prolific. Transfer fees for English players are ridiculous.

Went that way a long time ago.

I feel the same about grocery shopping.

Archived