Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
docho66

LCFC Twatter Transfer News

After speaking to somebody that knows Ed Mowe, the SSL transfer should be complete in the next 2 weeks as he favours us over ITFC but no fee agreed yet. The Nugent deal is done and so is the Maisiela. No contact has been made with Maynard just the rejected bid but Sven has been scouting him for a while now. Not sure if he wants NM and CMS but the guy did say that it was an option being considered. Dyer, Howard and Hobbs are off and Schlupp looks likely to go to an NPC club til January. Not a clue who any of the other 6/7 that are being targeted are. We'll know more when sven is back and on Friday or this timw next week regarding Maynard but to me it seems hell be runnong down his contract at Brizzle

Thanks for the update and feel free to post if you know anymore. Always welcome on this board and you will become a cult hero if you get things right. Just ask Bert or Liam, they are having a pukka pie named after them next season

After speaking to somebody that knows Ed Mowe, the SSL transfer should be complete in the next 2 weeks as he favours us over ITFC but no fee agreed yet. The Nugent deal is done and so is the Maisiela. No contact has been made with Maynard just the rejected bid but Sven has been scouting him for a while now. Not sure if he wants NM and CMS but the guy did say that it was an option being considered. Dyer, Howard and Hobbs are off and Schlupp looks likely to go to an NPC club til January. Not a clue who any of the other 6/7 that are being targeted are. We'll know more when sven is back and on Friday or this timw next week regarding Maynard but to me it seems hell be runnong down his contract at Brizzle

sven had said before he wanted him involved in the full pre season games so i was hoping he was going to get a chance to step up here..

had a quick skim over the last few pages, but didn't see it mentioned. i saw on that fourth official this morning that apparently we're in negotiations with man city over signing ben mee. didn't say whether it would be a permanent move or another loan deal. if someone can post the exact thing from their twitter that'd be cool, as i can't access it at work.

be really happy if we could sign mee permanently. i really, really rate him.

OMGZ NO ANOVA LOAN. I DUNT REMEMBER PEARSON USIN THE LOAN MARKET.

I'm not against the loan Market. Buy I'm just going on what Sven said, he wants to build a long term squad. Loans aren't the answer to that.

RT @Fourth_Official Leicester have opened talks with Manchester City tonight over re-signing Ben Mee #LCFC #MCFC

Hope this is true. Furthermore, I hope its not another loan. I would like to think Leicester have learnt a lesson from the Kyle naughton saga last January.

had a quick skim over the last few pages, but didn't see it mentioned. i saw on that fourth official this morning that apparently we're in negotiations with man city over signing ben mee. didn't say whether it would be a permanent move or another loan deal. if someone can post the exact thing from their twitter that'd be cool, as i can't access it at work.

be really happy if we could sign mee permanently. i really, really rate him.

Fourth_Official Fourth Official

Leicester have opened talks with Manchester City tonight over re-signing Ben Mee #LCFC #MCFC

there you go mate! hope we get him permanently would be a great signing and a future captain.

cheers for posting that, chaps!

really hope it is a permanent, it must be i'd have thought. can't see what benefit another loan would be really, as i don't think he'll factor in man city's plans and really i think he's at an age where he'll need to be playing first team, competitive football, not reserve level. hopefully we can get him, one for the future for sure. an old school defender too, plus he can play in a couple of different positions across the back four which is handy. hope it happens!

I'm not against the loan Market. Buy I'm just going on what Sven said, he wants to build a long term squad. Loans aren't the answer to that.

It's part of the answer. i am sure the bulk of the new palyers coming in will be permenant. But a good use of funds to bolster your squad without committing to much is the loan market. Also Some clubs want to hang onto players we are after, but may be inclined to loan them out.

Damn Ceefax :angry:

''In March 2001 a third-tier club reached the semi-finals of the FA Cup thanks to Ceefax's hitherto unexploited role as a sort of recruitment agency.

Wycombe Wanderers faced the prospect of taking on Leicester City in the quarter-finals without a recognised frontman following an injury crisis. However, they issued a press release to Ceefax detailing their plight and asking for any interested strikers to join them.

When the agent of Roy Essandoh saw the story, he contacted the club and shortly afterwards the player found himself among the Wycombe substitutes at Filbert Street. With 20 minutes to go and the score at 1-1, Essandoh was let onto the pitch and responded by heading a dramatic winner to take the club into the last four''

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/magazine/8260196.stm

Damn Ceefax :angry:

''In March 2001 a third-tier club reached the semi-finals of the FA Cup thanks to Ceefax's hitherto unexploited role as a sort of recruitment agency.

Wycombe Wanderers faced the prospect of taking on Leicester City in the quarter-finals without a recognised frontman following an injury crisis. However, they issued a press release to Ceefax detailing their plight and asking for any interested strikers to join them.

When the agent of Roy Essandoh saw the story, he contacted the club and shortly afterwards the player found himself among the Wycombe substitutes at Filbert Street. With 20 minutes to go and the score at 1-1, Essandoh was let onto the pitch and responded by heading a dramatic winner to take the club into the last four''

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/magazine/8260196.stm

Haha, wow, I never knew that. You'd never get that now :rolleyes:

EDIT: Some great facts on that link :giggle:

Archived