Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Routledge

Routledge remains the only player to have played for six different Premier League clubs without having scored a goal in the Premier League. Oh dear.

Premier League quality? Jury is out my friends.

We are in the championship

Psycho, you miss my point. If we get promoted with this squad, will he be effective in the Premier League? Maybe, maybe not.

Dunno if he actually ever got a decent crack at the prem to be fair to WR.

He would be an excellent additiion to our team, & is exactly who we should be going for, because he is proven Championship quality & that is what we need to get promotion. :thumbup:

Psycho, you miss my point. If we get promoted with this squad, will he be effective in the Premier League? Maybe, maybe not.

Its a valid point but I think getting into the premiership will be hard enough. Routledge is a class championship player and thats all we should be concearned with right now.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2013484/Wayne-Routledge-sign-Leicester-City.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Wayne Routledge is on the brink of joining Sven-Goran Eriksson’s revolution at big-spending Leicester.

Former England Under-21 international Routledge is in talks with the Foxes after Newcastle accepted a £1.5 million bid for their sought-after winger.

Routledge has been the subject of interest from a host of clubs this summer, including Premier League new boys QPR after he spent the second half of last season on loan at Loftus Road.

Ninth club: Wayne Routledge is set to leave Newcastle for Leicester

Ninth club: Wayne Routledge is set to leave Newcastle for Leicester

Another newly-promoted club, Swansea City, were also keen on the 26-year-old winger, while he has been linked with Championship trio Birmingham, Cardiff and Nottingham Forest.

But Leicester, who have been busy reinforcing their squad over the past couple of months in preparation for the promotion challenge demanded by their Thai owners, are confident of clinching a deal.

Eriksson has already signed ex-England striker David Nugent and splashed a club record £5.5 million to capture central defender Matt Mills from Reading.

He has also signed goalkeeper Kasper Schmeichel, Lee Peltier, Neil Danns and Republic of Ireland international defender Sean St Ledger.

Routledge would be a cracking signing for this division and would be one of our best so far for me.

Very excited by the possibility of this.

Agree with this, but I wonder what formation and position he will play if he signs.

Nugent plays wide left or in the centre in 4-3-3 and Gallagher can play either side, and I don't think he should be left out as he's one of the most vital players in the team. Maybe 4-4-2 with Nugent up front with whoever we sign.

Ill have to wait and see :)

Routledge would be a cracking signing for this division and would be one of our best so far for me.

Very excited by the possibility of this.

Totally agree. He will make our other potentially dangerous players even more so due to the threat he carries in other teams' eyes. But I got similarly excited at the prospect of CMS .... please let this one be true !

Agree with this, but I wonder what formation and position he will play if he signs.

Nugent plays wide left or in the centre in 4-3-3 and Gallagher can play either side, and I don't think he should be left out as he's one of the most vital players in the team. Maybe 4-4-2 with Nugent up front with whoever we sign.

Ill have to wait and see :)

Routledge is quite versatile can play on both wings

Have we had an offer accepted Bert? :whistle:

I know that question wasn't addressed to me but the Daily Mail says we have.

"Former England Under-21 international Routledge is in talks with the Foxes after Newcastle accepted a £1.5 million bid for their sought-after winger."

Archived