Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Routledge

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_7004340,00.html

Skysports.com understands new Birmingham City boss Chris Hughton is lining up a raid on his former club Newcastle United for Leon Best and Wayne Routledge.

Hughton signed both players during his time in charge at St James' Park and is considering a summer reunion as he looks to bolster his Birmingham squad.

The Blues chief revealed on Friday that his priority is bringing in new signings and is weighing up offers for Best and Routledge.

Republic of Ireland striker Best joined the Magpies from Coventry City in early 2010 and scored six goals in 11 Premier League appearances last season.

However, reports have recently claimed that Hughton's successor Alan Pardew is prepared to offload Best to make room for new arrivals on Tyneside.

Skysports.com revealed on Friday, meanwhile, that Newcastle have also circulated the name of winger Routledge to other clubs.

Routledge joined Newcastle around the same time as Best and featured regularly during the first half of last season when Hughton was still manager.

However, following Pardew's appointment, he spent the second half of last season on loan at former club Queens Park Rangers, who are understood to still be interested in Routledge.

We need a winger and Routledge would be perfect, but can't see him joining.

Would want him to, after rejecting QPR but now Birmingham are after him he will probably go there and replace Larsson.

Would want him to, after rejecting QPR but now Birmingham are after him he will probably go there and replace Larsson.

Why would he discount any interest from Leicester just because Birmingham have shown an interest?

To me we are on a par with clubs like Birmingham - they're just as much a yo-yo club as us. They have the Prem money, we have rich owners willing to spend - similar thing can be said about us and West Ham.

We should begin to change the attitude we have about our club, aim high!

If you were a player who would you rather sign for a former England manager who has won countless honours in the game or a gloryfied number two who got Newcastle promoted, My mum could of got that job done and she knows F@ck all about football plus I believe us to be a better option than Brum anyway always in the shadow of the Villa

Why would he discount any interest from Leicester just because Birmingham have shown an interest?

To me we are on a par with clubs like Birmingham - they're just as much a yo-yo club as us. They have the Prem money, we have rich owners willing to spend - similar thing can be said about us and West Ham.

We should begin to change the attitude we have about our club, aim high!

Currently B'ham are a much bigger club than we are. They're also League Cup winners. West Ham are undeniably a much bigger club. It's obvious we're aiming high from the stuff thats happened the last 6 months but where do these delusions of grandeur come from?

If you were a player who would you rather sign for a former England manager who has won countless honours in the game or a gloryfied number two who got Newcastle promoted, My mum could of got that job done and she knows F@ck all about football plus I believe us to be a better option than Brum anyway always in the shadow of the Villa

troll.gif

It's not a case of us being on a par with Birmingham. The bloke has played under Hughton. That's pulling power enough.

Anyway, we're not on a par with Birmingham, we're above them. :thumbup:

DJ campbell played under Pearson - doesn't mean he'd want to go to hull if the opportunity arose. Birmingham however can offer european football, something we can't.

Might as well get this one going again.

Whoop! Whoop! Apparently he might be interested. Either that or the Merc is putting words in his mooth!

EDIT: I'm going to go away from the computer now. I can't read a simple article and am hallucinating and fabricating facts.

http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk/City-agree-fee-Irish-star/story-12855185-detail/story.html

Archived