Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_FAN_1995

Boxing

Depends on the state of Haye really. Haye at even 70% of his peak and it's no contest really. Bellew is a distinctly average boxer rising to somewhere vaguely near the top of a weak division.

His fight with Clev is still one of the worst things I've ever seen in the sport.

He'll offer Haye nothing unless Haye turns up showing all the signs of a fighter that retired years ago and hasn't really gotten it all back, save for slapping a few chumps.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Depends on the state of Haye really. Haye at even 70% of his peak and it's no contest really. Bellew is a distinctly average boxer rising to somewhere vaguely near the top of a weak division.

His fight with Clev is still one of the worst things I've ever seen in the sport.

He'll offer Haye nothing unless Haye turns up showing all the signs of a fighter that retired years ago and hasn't really gotten it all back, save for slapping a few chumps.

Spot on 

Unless the undercard is massively stacked with genuine 50/50 fights (unlikely for Hearn) I wont be paying for it.

I think I was being generous last night by predicting Haye in 3...If Haye has a proper injury free camp and he is focused (likely) as the two seem to genuinely dislike each other then this could very much be over within 2 minutes. Bellew just plods with little head movement and relies on his supposed one punch knockout power (which is massively overhyped as many have taken it on the chin and not even buckled) and with the way Stevenson made him breakdance like a baby gazelle on ice then it wouldn't even take a full Hayemaker on the button to send Bellew to sleep.

Bit of an essay but I prefer talking boxing when the football has been a bit dross

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Unless the undercard is massively stacked with genuine 50/50 fights (unlikely for Hearn) I wont be paying for it.

I think I was being generous last night by predicting Haye in 3...If Haye has a proper injury free camp and he is focused (likely) as the two seem to genuinely dislike each other then this could very much be over within 2 minutes. Bellew just plods with little head movement and relies on his supposed one punch knockout power (which is massively overhyped as many have taken it on the chin and not even buckled) and with the way Stevenson made him breakdance like a baby gazelle on ice then it wouldn't even take a full Hayemaker on the button to send Bellew to sleep.

Bit of an essay but I prefer talking boxing when the football has been a bit dross

Much rather pay to see this fight than to see AJ toying with another chump who has pretty much zero chance of beating him. Again. 

At least the undercard is worth paying a few quid for.

On 11/26/2016 at 21:59, Col city fan said:

Much rather pay to see this fight than to see AJ toying with another chump who has pretty much zero chance of beating him. Again. 

At least the undercard is worth paying a few quid for.

Well, there's an argument that would say this is all this fight is, it's just made more interesting by the fact Tony has a big mouth. Ironic that he claims Haye has been "conning the British public for years" but to me this fight seems it could well be as much of a con as the Dell boy and Audley fights. It's ok Bellew sounding off about Haye never beating a World Class heavy weight, he's never even been in at  heavy weight.  

The difference between AJ's fights and this is at least you know what you are getting with Joshua and Eddie Hearn normally compensates on the under card, where as this will sell by itself so he will take considerably less time into stacking the UC, be 3 months of hype and beef, be built up to be the biggest British boxing event since whenever and Haye will knock Bellew flat out inside five rounds as it's a miss match Bellew is a good cruiser weight, Haye is one of the best cruiser weighs of all time. 

Edited by Manwell Pablo

17 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

lol

I've seen Pabs in a footy photo. Surely gotta be heavyweight? I'd take on @Finnegan no bother, but I'm avoiding Manwell...

lol

lollol

We're probably about the same size these days. Neither of us are exceptionally tall, if he's taller than me it's only by an inch or so.

I used to be painfully underweight but you have to remember those photos from the football matches were taken a long ass time ago.

Let's say I'd be about welterweight, Mabs maybe middleweight, tops!

8 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

lollol

We're probably about the same size these days. Neither of us are exceptionally tall, if he's taller than me it's only by an inch or so.

I used to be painfully underweight but you have to remember those photos from the football matches were taken a long ass time ago.

lol

Fair play to ya..

With my level of fitness I'd probably last half a round then collapse on the canvas. You wouldn't even have to knock me out!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

lollol

I have not weighed 11 Stone Six since I was about 13 Pal lol

Cruiser Weight at the minute, I'd have to work my bollocks off to make Light Heavy I reckon.

• Like 2