Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_FAN_1995

Boxing

Another fight more scripted than Eastenders. Pathetic non boxing shite that really does put the sport backwards.

Carry on with circus fights like this and Boxing will fall behind UFC sooner than I had thought.

It's a bigger work of fiction than Rocky is this.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, mancunianfox said:

I don't know, I think you could the same thing about both of them if you go by Bellew's behaviour in build ups to his previous fights. He is very poorly cast in the scrappy underdog role he is currently trying to play, doesn't fit him at all.

This is very much my point though as this is just turning into who people think is the biggest cretin, he plays at it, as he has done in previous fights, he often talks about how he "knows how to build a fight"....having seen him summarise among other things outside of fight build up he seems a reasonable person and an insightful pundit who doesn't go out of his way to draw the limelight back onto himself, I remember him summarising at the Usyk title fight at the end of last year and when asked if Usyk was a potential opponent he just said "yeah he could be" and went back to analysing the fight. Anyone who has seen Haye on Sky Sports knows as good as he is you've only got so many sentences before he starts talking about how is the no.1 Heavy weight in the world and how he is going to beat Anthony Joshua. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

They'd make a lot less if they didn't do it. 

To be fair the hype is working. I'm intrigued as to what happens (though I much prefer seeing expert's opinions that Haye will probably win easily.) The key test is my OH though, someone who doesn't have any interest in boxing has had her interest peaked by seeing all the build up and adverts across Sky Sports News etc. She even asked how much the fight cost on PPV.

So from my scientific straw poll of one person Pablo is right, the build-up is working perfectly.

36 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

I'm not a boxing fan, but will watch if i'm out etc. Is all this bollocks pre-fight neccessary? Its worse than Wrestling at times.

Absolutely. This fight has generated huge coverage for what is essentially a mismatch. 

52 minutes ago, tetly said:

Haye looks in great shape much lighter than I thought he would be. I think he is going for a real demolition job over in 3 rounds for me

It's ridiculous, Haye looks slim, skinny, absolutely no body fat, all muscle. Bellew is his usual fat, thrown on the weight to meet the weigh in.

Yet Haye still has a stone on him. lol

Bellew just has no business being in this division, let alone fighting a boxer of Haye's calibre.

I admit I'm curious but I'm not paying for what'll be a few hours of hype, some dreadful trash talk and then three rounds of Bellew stubbornly struggling before the ref stops it.

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

It's ridiculous, Haye looks slim, skinny, absolutely no body fat, all muscle. Bellew is his usual fat, thrown on the weight to meet the weigh in.

Yet Haye still has a stone on him. lol

Bellew just has no business being in this division, let alone fighting a boxer of Haye's calibre.

I admit I'm curious but I'm not paying for what'll be a few hours of hype, some dreadful trash talk and then three rounds of Bellew stubbornly struggling before the ref stops it.

As with a lot of Hearn events, interesting under card to attract the boxing fan, main event he can sell to the public. That's how he gets the dollar out of both markets

The mans no dummy. Much like his old man, he's had a leg up in life but he'll be remembered as some promoter if he can keep British boxing at this level, admittedly he's had some fantastic talent in to work with.

if I stopped seeing drastically bent scorecards at his events I'd have the upmost respect.  

Edited by Manwell Pablo

Will only be listening to this on 5live be can't wait!!!

Bellew has REALLY got under Hayes skin.. Is that a good thing for Bellew??? Only IF he can last a few rounds otherwise Haye will KO him.

Still interesting fight cis Bellew can move around and stuff but Hayes still the better athlete and will he tire??? If that's what Bellew is hoping and it doesn't happen then he's a goner

can't decide if I really enjoyed or was a bit disappointed by bellew admitting haye was in belter shape and he wasn't ever gonna match that. he looks like an Adonis, I think I fancy him a bit was a good effort but I kinda wanted him to come off stage and be like "you messing mate he's the fat one im more ripped than his jeans"