Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_FAN_1995

Boxing

3 hours ago, Swan Lesta said:

Would you elaborate please buddy so I can extrapolate?!

Fixed ... controlled .. bought and manufactured 

cheating ... assimilated practices ,self serving and immoral at times 

sooner Matchroom have a proper competitor  the better 

Edited by GaelicFox

3 hours ago, Lionator said:

I hate Eddie Hearn but you have to doff your hat and say he puts on some good shows. Joshua Fury would be good to see although I wouldn't want to see Tyson take it on if he wasn't in a good place mentally as the consequences could be huge for him afterwards. Joshua needs to avoid Ortiz at all costs, much more dangerous than Wilder!

I have seen Ortiz fight in flesh he is a rihno with gloves he would get destroyed by AJ

and it would be aweful to watch 

at least Wilder would be wild and entertaining for a few rounds 

Just now, GaelicFox said:

Fixed ... controlled .. bought and manufactured 

cheating ... assimilated practices ,self serving and immoral at times 

sooner Matchroom have a proper competitor the better 

Oh absolutely - the Eddie Hearn column of impartiality an all that....

Just wondered if I'd missed a point after re-reading the article.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lionator said:

I hate Eddie Hearn but you have to doff your hat and say he puts on some good shows. Joshua Fury would be good to see although I wouldn't want to see Tyson take it on if he wasn't in a good place mentally as the consequences could be huge for him afterwards. Joshua needs to avoid Ortiz at all costs, much more dangerous than Wilder!

Aj is in a different league to Ortiz, don't rate him at all, don't rate Parker neither and he beat Ortiz, I would say wilder if far more dangours them these two, but a a fit and right. Minded Tyson would be the most dangours of them all for Aj, tbf I would love to. See fury come bk and take the belts again 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Absolutely no chance fury is next.

If he gets fit and gets a license a he's not gonna jump in the ring with someone like AJ immediately

itll be someone horrendously boring like Pulev or Ortiz if it's not a rematch, your all forgetting this is boxing you might have just seen one mega fight made that doesn't now mean they rest are going to follow in quick succession. Bullshit politics and money still exist You might see Joshua fight fury Parker and wilder but you could be waiting a very long time to see all three.

AJ, is improving but fighting 3 guys at once at the same time  is expecting too much...:D

AJ team should now call the shots..

Fury should have a challenge bout before being allowed to fight AJ.

An i nterested, fit, bombastic Fury would of pulled them in.Fury could well have blew it himself

Parker and Wilder, either one would be a good call.

Klitschko rematch, shouldnt crop up. In two years Vlad will be 43 and I doubt if he would want it.

There are in reality very few contenders. M.Ali fought all and sundry, there isnt that many about today.

AJ could well dispatch the present Real  contenders within 2 years, if he is the champion we would like him to be.

Someone new might come through, then the odd rematch...5-6  years Retire at the top of the tree.

L.Lewis got it right in the end...

Edited by fuchsntf

Aj should fought all of the bigger names (its all relative as there isn't really any name to match his now), mandatoriesand klitschko if he wants a rematch. No hiding, just smash them up one by one. Be a true champion.

1 hour ago, fuchsntf said:

AJ, is improving but fighting 3 guys at once at the same time  is expecting too much...:D

AJ team should now call the shots..

Fury should have a challenge bout before being allowed to fight AJ.

An i nterested, fit, bombastic Fury would of pulled them in.Fury could well have blew it himself

Parker and Wilder, either one would be a good call.

Klitschko rematch, shouldnt crop up. In two years Vlad will be 43 and I doubt if he would want it.

There are in reality very few contenders. M.Ali fought all and sundry, there isnt that many about today.

AJ could well dispatch the present Real  contenders within 2 years, if he is the champion we would like him to be.

Someone new might come through, then the odd rematch...5-6  years Retire at the top of the tree.

L.Lewis got it right in the end...

Would be lovely to see but this is just now how the sport works. Assuming AJ has ambitions of unification and wilder has made it clear that's what he is all about the first thing they need to ensure is they aren't stripped of the titles already in their possession before winning anymore, which means taking on their mandatorys within the given time frame unless given dispensation by the governing body in question, the ibf especislly are tools when it comes to stuff like this, their stripping of Tyson in particular was a joke. 

klitschko has an immediate rematch clause apparently (dunno who's idea giving him one of those was very silly) so the ball is in his court if he wants another crack at Joshua in the autumn he can do that, Joshua pretty much stuck in terms of organising another fight until wlad decides what he is doing 

14 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Would be lovely to see but this is just now how the sport works. Assuming AJ has ambitions of unification and wilder has made it clear that's what he is all about the first thing they need to ensure is they aren't stripped of the titles already in their possession before winning anymore, which means taking on their mandatorys within the given time frame unless given dispensation by the governing body in question, the ibf especislly are tools when it comes to stuff like this, their stripping of Tyson in particular was a joke. 

klitschko has an immediate rematch clause apparently (dunno who's idea giving him one of those was very silly) so the ball is in his court if he wants another crack at Joshua in the autumn he can do that, Joshua pretty much stuck in terms of organising another fight until wlad decides what he is doing 

Is AJ forced to make the rematch his next bout  ??  Or can his team say rematch no problem, but after the next 1-2 fights

Within 18-24 months.??

Just now, fuchsntf said:

Is AJ forced to make the rematch his next bout  ??  Or can his team say rematch no problem, but after the next 1-2 fights

Within 18-24 months.??

From what I understand he can enforce it immediately. Same clause he had with fury.

theres no point in him waiting two years or having a clause that allows that  is there he's 41

34 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

From what I understand he can enforce it immediately. Same clause he had with fury.

theres no point in him waiting two years or having a clause that allows that  is there he's 41

I see, I thought title holder was the one who could say when, thats why I believed AJs team could push it out.

Mind you, Vk even in mentioning it, didnt seem that enthusiatic. Hi might realise it could be a fight too far.

Here in Germany, I caught him on radio, saying he wants to mull over the next couple of months, then decide

his options. Not VK, but the reporter asked about retirement thoughts...VK didnt answer one way or the other.

Yes VK had AJ on the floor, but the 2 Klitschkos have been 2 of the intelligent and clever  boxers around.

Vlad might be having thoughts, he wont do that again, AJ learns quick.

Hes been quite complimentary towards Josh.

11 hours ago, GaelicFox said:

It actually all contained in ONE line in the article 

but I understand you can't see it 

Well how very patronising of you.

Maybe you are interpreting this ONE line in a way that I don't. After all you are stating your opinion on the matter and nothing factual.

By the way I don't disagree with a lot of what you say regarding Matchroom, I just didn't see anything that stood out in the article.

1 hour ago, leicesterlad1989 said:

Well how very patronising of you.

Maybe you are interpreting this ONE line in a way that I don't. After all you are stating your opinion on the matter and nothing factual.

By the way I don't disagree with a lot of what you say regarding Matchroom, I just didn't see anything that stood out in the article.

Wasn't meant to be 

I was saying ... it's a personal opinion and beliefs I hold that led to the statement , so I didn't expect everyone to get it 

my apologies if it sounded patronising 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GaelicFox said:

Wasn't meant to be 

I was saying ... it's a personal opinion and beliefs I hold that led to the statement , so I didn't expect everyone to get it 

my apologies if it sounded patronising 

My apologies for sounding like a miserable twat.

My beliefs probably don't differ too much from your own.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Have I got this wrong, or is there really no-one around at present that is in the same league as AJ?

He'd paste Wilder surely? 

At present, I'd say maybe wilder would be a bit of a test especially because of his power, but there again he has not proved himself really, fighting absolute bums ??, like I said, a fit and stable fury could,  maybe beat him, I really thought haye would be the one, but after the Bellew fight he's no way the man he was, and tbf a rematch klitschko ain't  all plane sailing, so your question s hard to answer due to fury being absent, and wider not proven 

Edited by lestajigs

1 hour ago, lestajigs said:

At present, I'd say maybe wilder would be a bit of a test especially because of his power, but there again he has not proved himself really, fighting absolute bums ??, like I said, a fit and stable fury could,  maybe beat him, I really thought haye would be the one, but after the Bellew fight he's no way the man he was, and tbf a rematch klitschko ain't  all plane sailing, so your question s hard to answer due to fury being absent, and wider not proven 

Wilders problem is he isn't the the technical boxer Wlad is and his defence is nowhere near as good. Joshua isn't going to have the same issues hitting him. Wilder thus far has made slightly hard work of some fights against opponents Joshua would bury and finally even if he does catch Joshua Saturday showed it's probably going to have to be a hell of a shot to keep him down.

Id make wilder or Parker a rank outsider I think to beat Joshua your going to have to be technically sound, clever and not 41.

4 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Have I got this wrong, or is there really no-one around at present that is in the same league as AJ?

Wilder comes swinging 

AJ catches his flush 

that one won't make the 5th round 

there is NO one out there at present 

a division that looked alive and well 2 years ago , is now already dead ! 

Major issue for Hearn is where do the PPV fights come from after Wilder ! 

Fury isn't coming back 

Parker will be beaten by Wilder 

im sure Wlad will retire now 

david Haye is fecked he would have to fight Bellew again to redeem himself , he might get a shot for 10% of the purse 

After that I can't see the big fights 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GaelicFox said:

Wilder comes swinging 

AJ catches his flush 

that one won't make the 5th round 

there is NO one out there at present 

a division that looked alive and well 2 years ago , is now already dead ! 

Major issue for Hearn is where do the PPV fights come from after Wilder ! 

Fury isn't coming back 

Parker will be beaten by Wilder 

im sure Wlad will retire now 

david Haye is fecked he would have to fight Bellew again to redeem himself , he might get a shot for 10% of the purse 

After that I can't see the big fights 

You know he's gonna fight Ortiz at some point and it'll be billed as some sort of super fight. 

6 hours ago, Col city fan said:

The two David's, Haye and Price, please contact.e back guys, boxing needs you