Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_FAN_1995

Boxing

The interesting thing about fighting wilder is that wilder would not of survived the fifth round he has a suspect chin but Joshua would not of survived the sixth round because wilder would've finished him off...

Edited by MPH

6 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Why is it acceptable to mention Wlad's age and experience as a negative but not Joshua's? Yeah, Wlad isn't in his prime anymore but what you overlook is that neither is Joshua.

He's big and strong, sure, but he'd also never fought a fighter of Wlad's experience or talent before, never gone beyond seven rounds before, has less than twenty fights even now and even last night you could see he still has a lot to learn and learned a lot even during that fight.

You worry about those middle rounds, nonsense, you were delighted during those middle rounds because you were desperate for AJ to be a myth because GaelicFox, font of all boxing knowledge, told us all he was crap and now you're looking daft.

Got put on the floor by a future hall of famer who looked strong and fast and still got off the mat and recovered to blow him away.

By the time Joshua meets Fury, even if Fury is at his very best, Joshua wins. Hands down.

Futile discussion 

best of fury is long gone 

on Lithium and Olanzapine for his mental illness 

can't even see him getting a licence 

• Like 1

Unbelievable fight with both boxers on the canvas and it looked like Klitchko would win on points but a great stoppage by Joshua. Both fighters deserve credit for a great fight and tremendous for the crowd at wembley to see Joshua victoriuos

18 hours ago, Matt said:

I really want to go to a big fight one day, probably now is the right time as I have disposable income (Although my mates don't...one of the reasons why i've not done it) but i'd get the cheapest ticket possible (even with disposable income) because imo ringside, you'd see **** all, in the stands, you'd see **** all, in the gods, you'd see **** all, if you go to a fight you are purely going for the atmosphere imo, which is what I want to do, don't get me wrong but if you want to see the fight the best place is on TV I think.

Don't know if anyone who's been to a big fight can agree or disagree with that, that's just how I imagine and see it.

Anyway, great fight, really good fight! Amazing.

Thought AJ was ****ed, not through taking punches, he actually took some decent punches, questions answered? He simply just punched himself out in round 5, he really did look gassed for the rest of the fight, I thought the only outcome from there was Klitschko on points, but he came through and won, well.

The O2 was fantastic as every seat gives a great view of the ring, its far more enclosed than it looks on TV. Wembley's main obstacle is that its a huge ground but also the fact that the views are obscured by the cover posts and big screens, not so bad if you're on the floor seats but cant imagine how the view was from the tiered seating.

On 30/04/2017 at 13:22, Realist Guy In The Room said:

Great fight.

I had doubts over AJ as he hasnt fought anyone of substance, all his previous fights only showed that he can punch and showed zero boxing skill and finally nobody had ever really hit him.

Last night didnt really answer too much but what it did show is that he's not a quitter.  After he got floored, he didnt look like he'd beat the count for a second but he dragged himself up and survived the round (although I cant really understand with all his experience, how Wlad didnt finish him).

AJ stepped up in class and won the fight so all credit to him.

Fury is a year away so its got to be Parker or Wilder.

Personally i'd like to see him go to New Zealand and take on Parker.  I think he'd win that and then go to America, beat Wilder and then, Fury at Wembley.

Can't see Parker Joshua taking place in NZ. Unless a fighter is well up for travelling which I'm very sure he is not anywhere, never mind to soding NZ I've been there getting there is tireing alone and that's before you take into account the jet lag which is an absolute killer over there, the day night cycle is literally turned on its head, the fight location comes down to two things, where the money is and who holds the biggest hand. I doubt all of the above was lost on peter fury prior to Hughies "injury"

Fight in Auckland  is not gonna shift the PPV sales one in England would nor get anywhere near the attendance. The win on Saturday makes Joshua the bigger star with the better record and two belts to parkers one. They fight it'll be here for me. Wilder is a different propersition.

itll be interesting though the IBF have already threatened to strip him for taking anything other than a rematch or a mandatory fight with Pulev or someone else I can't remember who (so I hear) plus as much as I think Parker is a much easier nights work than Saturday night walking right into another mega fight might not be the brightest.

Just watched the full fight back. AJ didn't half take some fookin shots! A lesser man would have been dead and buried in round 6. Shows he has a chin and a great recovery rate. For me, this shows the big difference between AJ and say..Frank Bruno. With big Frank, you pretty much knew when he was gone, he was gone.

That said, hand on heart I think Tyson in his pomp would have mullered AJ. Tyson is the most destructive heavyweight I've ever seen.

• Like 1

On 2017-4-30 at 16:10, GaelicFox said:

Futile discussion 

best of fury is long gone 

on Lithium and Olanzapine for his mental illness 

can't even see him getting a licence 

Not sure where you get this info from? Saunders being interviewed live on the radio this morning claims Fury is in a very good place and has lost 22lbs in the last few weeks. You could hear Fury shouting in the background..both of them in Marbella I think.

13 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Not sure where you get this info from? Saunders being interviewed live on the radio this morning claims Fury is in a very good place and has lost 22lbs in the last few weeks. You could hear Fury shouting in the background..both of them in Marbella I think.

Hearn has basically said its not going to happen.

5 minutes ago, Durnerz said:

Wouldn't be surprised if Joshua did America after this, supposing of course there's no second fight.

All depends on Fury. If he can get his license (Big if) then he is the next fight.

Following that it's Wilder at Wembley.

2 hours ago, AKCJ said:

All depends on Fury. If he can get his license (Big if) then he is the next fight.

Following that it's Wilder at Wembley.

Absolutely no chance fury is next.

If he gets fit and gets a license a he's not gonna jump in the ring with someone like AJ immediately

itll be someone horrendously boring like Pulev or Ortiz if it's not a rematch, your all forgetting this is boxing you might have just seen one mega fight made that doesn't now mean they rest are going to follow in quick succession. Bullshit politics and money still exist You might see Joshua fight fury Parker and wilder but you could be waiting a very long time to see all three.

Edited by Manwell Pablo

7 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Let's see 

but the type of medication he is on means it's going to be very hard to come back 

I'm very good friends with a young man who had been sparring him 2 years ago 

i heard the interview and in all honesty he sounds more mental than before ! 

4 minutes ago, GaelicFox said:

Let's see 

but the type of medication he is on means it's going to be very hard to come back 

I'm very good friends with a young man who had been sparring him 2 years ago 

i heard the interview and in all honesty he sounds more mental than before ! 

It is the one sport, where being a massive nut job isn't exactly a disadvantage though :D 

Just now, Strokes said:

It is the one sport, where being a massive nut job isn't exactly a disadvantage though :D 

Having a mental illness is not a good thing in boxing 

I know what you mean 

but Tyson has a severe and enduring mental illness , and the stress of a camp and all the PR at the top level is in my opinion beyond his mental state if I'm honest 

1 minute ago, GaelicFox said:

Having a mental illness is not a good thing in boxing 

I know what you mean 

but Tyson has a severe and enduring mental illness , and the stress of a camp and all the PR at the top level is in my opinion beyond his mental state if I'm honest 

Hopefully not because at the top of his game/capacity he clearly has the ability to challenge. I'd love to see him fully fit, going head to head with AJ.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Hopefully not because at the top of his game/capacity he clearly has the ability to challenge. I'd love to see him fully fit, going head to head with AJ.

I'd give my right hand to see him on fire and in that ring with AJ 

He fights for a a whole community Tyson 

he carries the weight of his people on his shoulders 

and that's a burden to him it seems 

I hate Eddie Hearn but you have to doff your hat and say he puts on some good shows. Joshua Fury would be good to see although I wouldn't want to see Tyson take it on if he wasn't in a good place mentally as the consequences could be huge for him afterwards. Joshua needs to avoid Ortiz at all costs, much more dangerous than Wilder!