Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_FAN_1995

Boxing

5 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

lol

I thought you three experts would all be on the same page!!

I've no idea btw. They're both so destructive it could go either way I guess...

Truth is no one has an idea , it's what makes this possibly a bigger fight than any mayweather fight ! 

Who ever wins will become the biggest earner from that point on 

i think Canelo's a class above GGG .... I know that sounds madness but I have a sense that Canelo is about reach his prime , he can pick GGG apart over 12 , GGG will need to stop him 

Edited by GaelicFox
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, GaelicFox said:

Truth is no one has an idea , it's what makes this possibly a bigger fight than any mayweather fight ! 

Who ever wins will become the biggest earner from that point on 

i think Canelo's a class above GGG .... I know that sounds madness but I have a sense that Canelo is about reach his prime , he can pick GGG apart over 12 , GGG will need to stop him 

Will either of them have to move up or down from their natural weight for this fight mate?

And do we know yet which belts will be on the line?

42 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Will either of them have to move up or down from their natural weight for this fight mate?

And do we know yet which belts will be on the line?

Itll be at middle for gennadys belts I imagine. 

Edit; Which is a weight above Canelos natural light middl but he's no stranger to going up and down he was at super middle (albeit at a catch weight) last night 

Edited by Manwell Pablo

1 hour ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Itll be at middle for gennadys belts I imagine. 

Edit; Which is a weight above Canelos natural light middl but he's no stranger to going up and down he was at super middle (albeit at a catch weight) last night 

Cool, thanks.

If they're also both a genuine match up size wise, I always think that makes for a more fair and honest fight. 

I'm not keen on all this jumping up two divisions for a fight business. Both Brook and Khan never really stood a chance against these pair I thought as they were both naturally much lighter men...

7 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Cool, thanks.

If they're also both a genuine match up size wise, I always think that makes for a more fair and honest fight. 

I'm not keen on all this jumping up two divisions for a fight business. Both Brook and Khan never really stood a chance against these pair I thought as they were both naturally much lighter men...

Rarely say a fighter has no chance at all in competitive big competitive fights but didn't give either man a prayer, the weight shouldn't be a probelem here though Canelo can condition himself to meet two or three weights and is a former middleweight world champion and Miguel Cotto the Bloke he beat for the belt is no mug at all.

Anyone want a sweepstake on how many times Golovkin uses the term "Big Drama Show" in the build up.

Edited by Manwell Pablo
  • Like 1

On 3 May 2017 at 18:46, Manwell Pablo said:

klitschko has an immediate rematch clause apparently (dunno who's idea giving him one of those was very silly) so the ball is in his court if he wants another crack at Joshua in the autumn he can do that, Joshua pretty much stuck in terms of organising another fight until wlad decides what he is doing 

If Wlad still has the motivation, I reckon he's still got a big say in the division.

I've just watched the AJ fight again and right up until the end of the 10th, it was still a pretty even affair. Some pundits and networks even having Wlad ahead. In hindsight he really should have finished AJ off in the sixth and we'd all be having a very different conversation now.

I really hope Wlad fancies another shot at AJ and I reckon a rematch could be even more explosive that the first fight. I reckon Wlad still has a few fights left in him and watching it back again he didn't look old or past it to me.

Theres plenty of time for AJ v Wilder etc. and for Fury to maybe get himself back into the set up.

In the mean time, I'd love an AJ v Wlad volume 2 in the autumn please...

1 minute ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

If Wlad still has the motivation, I reckon he's still got a big say in the division.

I've just watched the AJ fight again and right up until the end of the 10th, it was still a pretty even affair. Some pundits and networks even having Wlad ahead. In hindsight he really should have finished AJ off in the sixth and we'd all be having a very different conversation now.

I really hope Wlad fancies another shot at AJ and I reckon a rematch could be even more explosive that the first fight. I reckon Wlad still has a few fights left in him and watching it back again he didn't look old or past it to me.

Theres plenty of time for AJ v Wilder etc. and for Fury to maybe get himself back into the set up.

You may be right Muzzett but I think that fight will have scarred him and at his age he might not have the stomach for another titanic battle against a younger up and coming fighter.  We'll see ....

58 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

54 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

You may be right Muzzett but I think that fight will have scarred him and at his age he might not have the stomach for another titanic battle against a younger up and coming fighter.  We'll see ....

The fact he's taking so long to think about it speaks volumes to me. He's clearly considering just calling it a day. Shouldn't be too much longer you'd imagine he's got two weeks, a month absolute max, to activate an immediate rematch clause. Which I know it def is now btw he stated in the post match press conference "AJ is tied down to me"

10 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

The fact he's taking so long to think about it speaks volumes to me. He's clearly considering just calling it a day. Shouldn't be too much longer you'd imagine he's got two weeks, a month absolute max, to activate an immediate rematch clause. Which I know it def is now btw he stated in the post match press conference "AJ is tied down to me"

He took ages to confirm he wanted a re-match with Fury.

He'll surely take it as its a win win situation for him really.  Lose and its a massive payday that wouldnt really harm his legacy, win and he takes his pick for another huge payday.

He showed he had enough to beat AJ and any other heavyweight out there.

The only problem is (for him and any other heavyweight out there) that if AJ lands, its likely to be over.  Can he keep out of harms way?

Pretty sure today is the day that he UK Anti Doping agency decide whether Fury can apply for a new licence or not.

As much as I think he's an utter bell, the sport is better off with him in it. He's a great fighter and is entertaining. Hopefully he's learnt to be entertaining without pissing everyone off though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Pretty sure today is the day that he UK Anti Doping agency decide whether Fury can apply for a new licence or not.

As much as I think he's an utter bell, the sport is better off with him in it. He's a great fighter and is entertaining. Hopefully he's learnt to be entertaining without pissing everyone off though.

Great article about him in the Telegraph ...    he sounds like he is remotivated now and actually comes across really well.    It would be some fookin fight and I wouldn't bet against him ...

24 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Great article about him in the Telegraph ...    he sounds like he is remotivated now and actually comes across really well.    It would be some fookin fight and I wouldn't bet against him ...

I don't trust Fury one bit.

One minute he's thanking Jesus, then he's a Muslim.

Then he's on drugs, then he's clean.

Then he's depressed, then he's not.

Then he's had enough of boxing, then he wants back in.

I don't know which version of Tyson to believe. He's obviously a very complex character.

Personally I don't care if we never see him in the ring again. His pre fight antics are embarrassing and I don't think he's particularly good for the sport.

The heavyweight division is interesting enough without him involved IMO.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

I don't trust Fury one bit.

One minute he's thanking Jesus, then he's a Muslim.

Then he's on drugs, then he's clean.

Then he's depressed, then he's not.

Then he's had enough of boxing, then he wants back in.

I don't know which version of Tyson to believe. He's obviously a very complex character.

Personally I don't care if we never see him in the ring again. His pre fight antics are embarrassing and I don't think he's particularly good for the sport.

The heavyweight division is interesting enough without him involved IMO.

Be a damn good scrap though and I'd part with my £20 to watch it on box office ..         If it ever happens.

Then he can fook off and become a rastarfarian for all I care ...  :thumbup:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

He took ages to confirm he wanted a re-match with Fury.

He'll surely take it as its a win win situation for him really.  Lose and its a massive payday that wouldnt really harm his legacy, win and he takes his pick for another huge payday.

He showed he had enough to beat AJ and any other heavyweight out there.

The only problem is (for him and any other heavyweight out there) that if AJ lands, its likely to be over.  Can he keep out of harms way?

Nah. Sure it took ages to confirm the fight and negotiate specifics. he Activated the clause nearly straight away did he not, I'm sure that's why the IBF stripped Tyson so soon after the fight as Wlad had confirmed they were going to negotiate a second fight and Tyson had a mandatory. 

yeah I agree it's whether or not he can be bothered at 41 to do it all over again knowing he came up short. realistically he's going to get worse every time he fights now I don't doubt he gave AJ the best he has unlike fury. 

Bookies have him at 3/1 to accept it with pulev being fav to face Joshua next (unfortunately)

49 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Nah. Sure it took ages to confirm the fight and negotiate specifics. he Activated the clause nearly straight away did he not, I'm sure that's why the IBF stripped Tyson so soon after the fight as Wlad had confirmed they were going to negotiate a second fight and Tyson had a mandatory. 

yeah I agree it's whether or not he can be bothered at 41 to do it all over again knowing he came up short. realistically he's going to get worse every time he fights now I don't doubt he gave AJ the best he has unlike fury. 

Bookies have him at 3/1 to accept it with pulev being fav to face Joshua next (unfortunately)

As uninspiring as it is, a bout with Pulev probably isnt that bad an option.  He's a very different fighter to what AJ has come up against so far so as a continuing learning curve, could be useful.

Doubt they'll be booking Wembley for it though.

7 minutes ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

As uninspiring as it is, a bout with Pulev probably isnt that bad an option.  He's a very different fighter to what AJ has come up against so far so as a continuing learning curve, could be useful.

Doubt they'll be booking Wembley for it though.

Who is paying PPV for that 

Just now, GaelicFox said:

Who is paying PPV for that 

Joshua vs Derick the doorman would shift PPVs mate.

As I've said numerous times he's not dumb he'd have interesting fights on the undercard possibly selby or a newly crowned groves knocking around on the undercard for the fight fans and AJ brings in the casual market. You will not see a Joshua fight on skysports 1 until someone beats him no matter who he fights.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Joshua vs Derick the doorman would shift PPVs mate.

As I've said numerous times he's not dumb he'd have interesting fights on the undercard possibly selby or a newly crowned groves knocking around on the undercard for the fight fans and AJ brings in the casual market. You will not see a Joshua fight on skysports 1 until someone beats him no matter who he fights.

Depressing but true 

Guest FriendlyRam

I'd love him to fight wilder, itd be a good fight what with wilders "sod it and swing" mentality. Joshua should be able to beat all of them easily bar fury IMO.

3 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Am I the only one who'd have mi money on the triple fella?

Golovkin you mean ??

No far from it I think he's a marginal faviourate. although there are more people I respect with the opinion Canelo will outbox him. 

Yet to make my mind up personally.