Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_FAN_1995

Boxing

19 minutes ago, GaelicFox said:

Watched fight again , actually I can see why American judges would see the fight for Parker , if you can call it a fight 

fury didn't do enough to to dethrone a champion 

the scores were crazy but I think the result was just about fair 

these two are stealing a living boxing for heavy weight world Titles 

tony Bellew needs to beat Haye and then take on Parker 

fury isn't  winning a world championship in next 5-7 years , if ever 

Hughes Fury was not great I find the suggestion AJ wouldn't flaw him quite funny.

Could handle a Parker decision but 10 rounds to 2 just plain ridiculous Parker was not landing anywhere near enough punches to warrant that and was caught with week but scoring counters.

i agree they would both struggle against the best a Joshua wilder Haye would paste them. Terrible fight, still onwards we go no doubt we all still pay to watch Joshua paste pulev and get up in the middle of the night to watch Wilder finnaly fight a proper opponent.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Just watched Linares v Campbell from last night.

Really good fight and I'm surprised Luke went the distance.

Yeah I've just watched it , and I'm not, Crolla managed to get to the end twice against him and Luke is a better boxer.

im surprised how close he got to actually winning though, if he could of stayed on his feet in the second he'd of got a draw.

Edited by Manwell Pablo

48 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Yeah I've just watched it , and I'm not, Crolla managed to get to the end twice against him and Luke is a better boxer.

im surprised how close he got to actually winning though, if he could of stayed on his feet in the second he'd of got a draw.

Yeah I meant that he went the distance after the knock down and the cut.

15 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Yeah I meant that he went the distance after the knock down and the cut.

Ah fair enough, yeah credit to him for that, I think he was just knocked off his feet more than being knocked out if you get my meaning though, easier to recover from. Still he needs to learn to start quicker his sluggishness in getting into fights is becoming a real issue

On 9/22/2017 at 22:03, Col city fan said:

Who do we go on tomorrow night @GaelicFox?

Hughie or the other geezer?

On 9/22/2017 at 22:12, GaelicFox said:

fury by UD 

23 hours ago, Countryfox said:

Sorry Col ...  Parker to win ..

So ...   did you have a little punt then Col ? ...      :whistle:

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

No mate. Unfortunately not. I did say Parker looked value but didn't bother.

Bad luck mate.   Well, it looks like me and you are the new go to boxing pundits ...    Paddy and Pablova are unfortunately yesterday's news ...      Such is life ..   :thumbup:

Edited by Countryfox

1 minute ago, leicsmac said:

I'm hardly as much of an expert on boxing as the esteemed members of this thread (mostly :ph34r:)...but given the recent scoring controversies surely there has to be a better way of deciding fights that go the distance than the judges now?

Good point Mac ...    And as the new boxing thread guru I do feel obliged to reply ...   Yes, as I was saying ...   I'd let em keep scrapping till one falls over ...    :thumbup:

5 hours ago, GaelicFox said:

Wow Dr. Your membership of this thread is in peril , he was the most famous Turban wearing heavyweight boxer ever ! 

Jeez Paddy  can't believe the Doc has never heard of him !! ..    :o     Everyone with even the slightest boxing knowledge has heard of the Gurch !!!     As I recall he used to wear a brown leather belt over his head to keep his turban on when fighting ....    and if my memory serves me right one of his fights was temporarily stopped when a wild swing from a young American opponent knocked it clean off and it landed in the lap of an elderly lady 3 rows back.   

5 hours ago, Countryfox said:

Jeez Paddy  can't believe the Doc has never heard of him !! ..    :o     Everyone with even the slightest boxing knowledge has heard of the Gurch !!!     As I recall he used to wear a brown leather belt over his head to keep his turban on when fighting ....    and if my memory serves me right one of his fights was temporarily stopped when a wild swing from a young American opponent knocked it clean off and it landed in the lap of an elderly lady 3 rows back.   

Did you know he visited Leicester a few times  ??? 

On 27/09/2017 at 12:01, Countryfox said:

I'm so glad I'm part of this thread, it's well known your can't box with a turban on :rolleyes:

On 9/27/2017 at 17:58, GaelicFox said:

Did you know he visited Leicester a few times  ??? 

Of course ?!?! ....    I remember meeting up with him a couple of times at the Guru Tegh Bahadur Gurudwara temple on East Park road for a pint and a chat ..   

Nice chap.

• Haha 2