Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_FAN_1995

Boxing

8 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Junior is going to pummel Groves isn't he?

Groves is much bigger and hits hard much harder than BJS , I think groves might be our best pound for pound in the uk , he has improved a great deal since the froch fight and for me is a true warrior At this weight he could clip Jnr in the first 6 ..... I love groves and always hoped he would be a world champion , James de Gale has been ducking groves and its easy to see why , BJS won’t step up to fight him etc..... Groves is class now a proper fighter with a proper never say die attitude , he will be favourite and rightly so 

BUT 

Eubank jnr is coming fast he could be a throw back to the glory days for this weight class the early 90’s,  he could just be about to launch himself into the global scene in a huge way , he has all the tools , he has the experience now and is improving fight by fight , there is an evilness about him a truly intoxicating mix of spite , venom and speed , I have been a huge fan of this boy since he jumped through the ring 5 or 6 years ago  and this fight is the right fight at the right time for him , if he is special he will win , I think he could be special I have always believed so , BJS has ducked a rematch because he knows that Jnr wins 

so I’ll put my head on the block 

I’ll say I can’t call it now , I want to see how the build up goes this could be a fight won and lost  in heads not rings  ... I  admit I edge towards Jnr , because stamina cannot be trained into a Boxer , a Boxer can improve his stamina but he cannot have it installed, Groves has no deep stamina he wilts they say “he did 12 with Martin Murray”  I say nearly everyone goes 12 with Martin Murray !  , Murray isn’t an active fighter your not mentally drained by him but a Eubank and all his switch hitting and style changing angles will mentally exhaust you over 12  and that’s where groves might get undone Also I can see Jnrs volume of scoring punches win it on points if groves can’t KO him 

but groves for me is still favourite ... it’s a proper 50/50 for me 

i can’t wait This is a true domestic blockbuster 

Edited by GaelicFox
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, GaelicFox said:

Groves is much bigger and hits hard much harder than BJS , I think groves might be our best pound for pound in the uk , he has improved a great deal since the froch fight and for me is a true warrior At this weight he could clip Jnr in the first 6 ..... I love groves and always hoped he would be a world champion , James de Gale has been ducking groves and its easy to see why , BJS won’t step up to fight him etc..... Groves is class now a proper fighter with a proper never say die attitude , he will be favourite and rightly so 

BUT 

Eubank jnr is coming fast he could be a throw back to the glory days for this weight class the early 90’s,  he could just be about to launch himself into the global scene in a huge way , he has all the tools , he has the experience now and is improving fight by fight , there is an evilness about him a truly intoxicating mix of spite , venom and speed , I have been a huge fan of this boy since he jumped through the ring 5 or 6 years ago  and this fight is the right fight at the right time for him , if he is special he will win , I think he could be special I have always believed so , BJS has ducked a rematch because he knows that Jnr wins 

so I’ll put my head on the block 

I’ll say I can’t call it now , I want to see how the build up goes this could be a fight won and lost  in heads not rings  ... I  admit I edge towards Jnr , because stamina cannot be trained into a Boxer , a Boxer can improve his stamina but he cannot have it installed, Groves has no deep stamina he wilts they say “he did 12 with Martin Murray”  I say nearly everyone goes 12 with Martin Murray !  , Murray isn’t an active fighter your not mentally drained by him but a Eubank and all his switch hitting and style changing angles will mentally exhaust you over 12  and that’s where groves might get undone Also I can see Jnrs volume of scoring punches win it on points if groves can’t KO him 

but groves for me is still favourite ... it’s a proper 50/50 for me 

i can’t wait This is a true domestic blockbuster 

I actually have nothing to add to this lol  Other than hopefully junior gets his head taken off.

Edited by Manwell Pablo
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, AjcW said:

Pulev pulls out injured.

AJ now fights Takam who was apparently on standby and has done a full camp

Well a rather easy fight just got easier.

What's happening with Ortiz, he's supposedly mandatory for the WBA but now he's failed a drug test I presume that now goes to someone else? 

33 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

What's happening with Ortiz, he's supposedly mandatory for the WBA but now he's failed a drug test I presume that now goes to someone else? 

Yep! Still going to be PPV as well lol lucky there's a couple of decent scraps on the undercard!

Not sure with WBA.... it's crazy looking down the rankings how poor Heavyweight is. I feel a bit for AJ because unless some more up and coming stars emerge he's going to have a really boring career and won't go down in the same regard as other heavyweight Champs.

Needs to get Wilder out the way Sharpish to shut people up!

35 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

The heavy weight division all of a sudden looks crap again 

no depth to the talent 

Ortiz is a proper steroid head , he is done now I suspect 

Just now, AjcW said:

Yep! Still going to be PPV as well lol lucky there's a couple of decent scraps on the undercard!

Not sure with WBA.... it's crazy looking down the rankings how poor Heavyweight is. I feel a bit for AJ because unless some more up and coming stars emerge he's going to have a really boring career and won't go down in the same regard as other heavyweight Champs.

Needs to get Wilder out the way Sharpish to shut people up!

People are dumping tickets I was offered 4 ringside for a monkey think they were a monkey each !!! 

1 minute ago, GaelicFox said:

People are dumping tickets I was offered 4 ringside for a monkey think they were a monkey each !!! 

Not surprised! Was a strange choice of venue even for Pulev. Just because Wembley sold doesn't mean you can't take the mandatory fights back to the 02!

• Like 1

Can't really understand what makes Takam a mandatory ahead of some other available names mind. He's lost to Povetkin and Parker.

If anything Dillian should be getting his rematch and Takam should be fighting Helenius! 

Edited by AjcW
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Can't really understand what makes Takam a mandatory ahead of some other available names mind. He's lost to Povetkin and Parker.

If anything Dillian should be getting his rematch and Takam should be fighting Helenius! 

IBF have him ranked at 3 it's as simple as that, they're quite dreadful at rankings in general some of the shite that was served up to Kell Brook before they finally gave Spense his shot was laughable. Nothing fighters or promoters can do about it they have to take the fights to keep the belts. This is the problem with Deontay, as they hold three belts between them they are always fighting Mandatory fights. If you're gonna unify (which is all the three champions bleet on about, even Parker) you need to keep hold of what you've got.   

Edited by Manwell Pablo
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

IBF have him ranked at 3 it's as simple as that, they're quite dreadful at rankings in general some of the shite that was served up to Kell Brook before they finally gave Spense his shot was laughable. Nothing fighters or promoters can do about it they have to take the fights to keep the belts. This is the problem with Deontay, as they hold three belts between them they are always fighting Mandatory fights. If you're gonna unify (which is all the three champions bleet on about, even Parker) you need to keep hold of what you've got.   

No one will ever ever defend the unified titles either 

you can win all 4 but you can’t defend all 4 , they all insist on you fighting “their mandatory” challenger , it’s all about TV money and corruption 

they basically stripped Fury the morning after he won the belts off Vlad 

and that will happen to AJ when he eventually wins the 4 belts 

1 hour ago, GaelicFox said:

No one will ever ever defend the unified titles either 

you can win all 4 but you can’t defend all 4 , they all insist on you fighting “their mandatory” challenger , it’s all about TV money and corruption 

they basically stripped Fury the morning after he won the belts off Vlad 

and that will happen to AJ when he eventually wins the 4 belts 

IBF were a joke for doing that, they know full well Wlad had a rematch clause so why even put the belt on the line if you're gonna strip the bloke the minute he wins the belt.

• Like 1

Off to watch the Jamie Conlan‘s big world title challenge next month.

He takes on IBF champion Jerwin Ancajas [27-1-1] of the Philippines 

Its a massive jump up in class for Conlan [19-0-0],

conlon is know as. ‘The Mexican’ and will be looking to upset the odds against ‘Pretty Boy’ – who will be making the third defence of his crown.

bookes have Conlon as huge underdog 

9 hours ago, Col city fan said:

I'm going to watching AJ fight cos I'll be in the boozer.

But no way would I pay per view for this fight. It's another example of AJ just having no proper competition. It'll be over in what? 3 rounds?

Joshua 1/50 odds on.

Says it all really! 

18 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Is there a point to the fight mate? Really? AJ will gain another few million and it'll be noisy, but he's only ever really had a couple of real opponents.

I can’t be arsed to watch it mate. I know it’s a decent card but feel a bit sorry for the 70 odd thousand going. But not Joshua’s fault that Pulev pulled out I guess. 

The heavyweight division doesn't really excite me at the moment. Much prefer watching Light/Welter/Super Middleweight currently.

But I like AJ and think he’s good for the sport. Would be great to see him ultimately unify the belts but as previously stated it sounds really complicated and unlikely these days.

Either way I think he’ll end up being a very rich boy though...

1 hour ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

I can’t be arsed to watch it mate. I know it’s a decent card but feel a bit sorry for the 70 odd thousand going. But not Joshua’s fault that Pulev pulled out I guess. 

The heavyweight division doesn't really excite me at the moment. Much prefer watching Light/Welter/Super Middleweight currently.

But I like AJ and think he’s good for the sport. Would be great to see him ultimately unify the belts but as previously stated it sounds really complicated and unlikely these days.

Either way I think he’ll end up being a very rich boy though...

I'm sure he's a multi millionaire already matey. I like him, and like watching him. But (Klitch aside), wouldn't it be refreshing if he actually had someone to fight? 

Isnt Deyonte Wilder the biggest threat to AJ? Or have I got that completely wrong?

13 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I'm sure he's a multi millionaire already matey. I like him, and like watching him. But (Klitch aside), wouldn't it be refreshing if he actually had someone to fight? 

Isnt Deyonte Wilder the biggest threat to AJ? Or have I got that completely wrong?

Yeah, it would be great if he was properly tested and Wilder is probably his biggest threat I'd guess (unless Pabs or Gaelic know of others who'd give him a decent fight)

I read today that Wilder thinks a unification fight with AJ will happen next year but only wants it in the US. I'll believe it when I see it but that's one I'd most definitely pay to see...

Going up to Leeds on Saturday to see Josh Warrington. Looks a decent bill, Jack Catterall v Nurse for the British title, Leicester’s Lyon Woodstock has a title fight too. Warrington’s fans seem to create a good atmosphere so looking forward to this. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, STEVIE B said:

Going up to Leeds on Saturday to see Josh Warrington. Looks a decent bill, Jack Catterall v Nurse for the British title, Leicester’s Lyon Woodstock has a title fight too. Warrington’s fans seem to create a good atmosphere so looking forward to this. 

This is Woodstock’s first big test I was going to go as well but the weather looks shitty , 

woodstock needs to start better than his last fight as Poxton is no mug , but Woodstock has some dig on him for the weight , I would expect him to stop Poxton from 6 on wards to be a genuine star in making 

good fight this and I expect a war , wish I was going now 

Edited by GaelicFox

14 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Is there a point to the fight mate? Really? AJ will gain another few million and it'll be noisy, but he's only ever really had a couple of real opponents.

Obviously there is a point it's a mandatory fight. If he doesn't jump through the hoops the IBF will have his belt off him. As I've said you can't blame the boxer or the promoters for this one.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

BJS needs his head looking at. He could knock Lemieux over in all 12 rounds and still lose 116-114 with judges Oscar has on the payroll and he will struggle to knock him out.

Was going to post the exact same earlier 

this is the craziest thing I have ever seen since Barry McQuigan fought in a Vegas car park in 50 degrees heat for 15 rounds ! 

I can only think that they have paid BJS two million plus I suspect this fight was forced on him by the belts federation and it quickly went to purse bids And the Canadians came up with a whopping offer ? 

If its not that then BJS deserves to lose his belt on stupidity grounds 

BUT he wins this one for me ... he is super fit at present BJS and he could be about ignite his stalled career 

Edited by GaelicFox