Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_FAN_1995

Boxing

2 minutes ago, NorthfieldsFox said:

3 pounds over at that weight and him supposed to be a gym bunny :blink:

I would want a refund if I had bought a ticket as it’s basically a spar now  

Yes I've just seen

I was about to say three pounds is shocking.  Not even close.

Edited by Manwell Pablo

9 minutes ago, NorthfieldsFox said:

Worrying really , I think it’s a sign that frampton broke him mentally and physically , we have seen the Peak of Quigg I think 

Id not say so that fight was close quigg  just got going to late to get the decision, I know he fractured his jaw but since then he's come back one three fights on the bounce and got himself a title shot.....I should imagine Carl Frampton is the last thing on his mind.

I can see why they'd want to be right on the weight due to the way he boxes but three pounds ?

29 minutes ago, NorthfieldsFox said:

Worrying really , I think it’s a sign that frampton broke him mentally and physically , we have seen the Peak of Quigg I think 

14 minutes ago, Dario_Rodriguez_ said:

Id not say so that fight was close quigg  just got going to late to get the decision, I know he fractured his jaw but since then he's come back one three fights on the bounce and got himself a title shot.....I should imagine Carl Frampton is the last thing on his mind.

I can see why they'd want to be right on the weight due to the way he boxes but three pounds ?

Yeah id ageee ?

1 hour ago, Dario_Rodriguez_ said:

He has looked bang average in all 3 fights though 

3 hours ago, NorthfieldsFox said:

He has looked bang average in all 3 fights though 

He's just looked like scott quigg ? Not exactly the king of entertainment is he.

ill be interested to see how he does now, I didn't fancy him at all before but three pounds is a pretty decent size advantage ?

Edited by Manwell Pablo
  • Haha 1

A good watch in the end, never understood the Quigg hype pre Frampton and still cant really see what he brings to the table apart from being a tough little fvcker who seems to enjoy it the more he's getting beaten up ?

Congrats to Mikey Garcia!! Seriously how many weights can this man win world titles at?

3 hours ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

So NorthfieldsFox is just Gaelic with a different name.

I don't think so posting styles seem very different. Possibly I guess. I think the suggestion a 29 year old boxer should retire just because they've lose to a very good world champion and gave a decent account of themselves isn't really something he'd come out with either, shades of prince naz post Eubank Groves there  ? . Quigg no different now to the fighter that he was before Frampton or the fighter that fought frampton

Back to to the drawing board I think, although what they will do with him I don't know he's at an unfortunate weight where many around him a just to good for him.

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

Forgot to mention in the excitement of the football yesterday. My son won his first ever amateur white collar boxing match on Saturday. It was a brilliant event actually, packed out and made a lot of money for cancer research.

Well proud of the lad.

Great result for your lad, and all for a good corse let it be a first of many, a fantastic sport to be in, great discipline, 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Forgot to mention in the excitement of the football yesterday. My son won his first ever amateur white collar boxing match on Saturday. It was a brilliant event actually, packed out and made a lot of money for cancer research.

Well proud of the lad.

I was at one in Northampton Saturday was a great event for charity 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Turbogre said:

Fury is looking good.

I really hope he can comes back and dominates the division, part of me thinks, what’s he’s don’t to his body in the last 2 years, I don’t think he will be as good as his former self, really hope I’m wrong, I like the bloke tbf 

Edited by lestajigs

4 hours ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Insane transformation, can't wait for him to be back, boxing is toss without him 

He has never been managed by a science based conditioning trainer like this guy , but there is some issues with uncle peter and Hennessy to sort out before his career gets rocking again , he seems insanely committed to getting back to the belts he had  , he is the champion and until he gets beat he is the top of the pile for me 

2 hours ago, NorthfieldsFox said:

He has never been managed by a science based conditioning trainer like this guy , but there is some issues with uncle peter and Hennessy to sort out before his career gets rocking again , he seems insanely committed to getting back to the belts he had  , he is the champion and until he gets beat he is the top of the pile for me 

@Steve_Walsh5 yeah ok you win that’s Gaelic lol 

Cannot possibly say he’s top of the pile until he can show he’s back where he was, even then big question marks over a very complacent Klitschko in that fight for me.

Hes a top class boxer but whether he can back to where he was is one question and whether that was ever enough to dominate the current division is another. Joshua may have struggled with Wlad but that Wlad was in a much better place definitely mentally and judging by the weight physically as well.

Edited by Manwell Pablo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Manwell Pablo said:

@Steve_Walsh5 yeah ok you win that’s Gaelic lol 

Cannot possibly say he’s top of the pile until he can show he’s back where he was, even then big question marks over a very complacent Klitschko in that fight for me.

Hes a top class boxer but whether he can back to where he was is one question and whether that was ever enough to dominate the current division is another. Joshua may have struggled with Wlad but that Wlad was in a much better place definitely mentally and judging by the weight physically as well.

Time will tell , time will tell all :ph34r: