Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_FAN_1995

Boxing

4 hours ago, LCFC BEAST said:

AJ wipes the floor with that version of Wilder.

Wilder needs to make some serious technical changes if he's going to hurt AJ.

Wilder went in to that fight exceptionally light, basically at crusierweight weight. Doubt he'd do the same against AJ.

Obviously AJ is the better boxer technically and would be the favourite but Wilder could absolutely KO him, he's so powerful.

1 hour ago, Lionator said:

Wilder went in to that fight exceptionally light, basically at crusierweight weight. Doubt he'd do the same against AJ.

Obviously AJ is the better boxer technically and would be the favourite but Wilder could absolutely KO him, he's so powerful.

Technically better , not so sure 

4 minutes ago, NorthfieldsFox said:

Technically better , not so sure 

Are you joking. 

Wilder is is probably the most unorthodox unnatural boxer in all four of  the governing bodies top tens. He's all over the place technique wise.

What he does have is dynamite in his right hand, I've no idea how the judges had him up unless they scored the 10th, madness. But that right hand is always there and it will do for anyone it connects with.

went exactly as predicted, a few years ago would I'd of fancied Ortiz a lot more but he tired because he's 38 going on 45. A Decent effort and he did better than I thought and it was a great fight to watch.....but I struggled to see him going through 12 without taking a killer shot at some point (as it was he took two but was fortunate wilder could not follow up on the first)

12 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Are you joking. 

Wilder is is probably the most unorthodox unnatural boxer in all four of  the governing bodies top tens. He's all over the place technique wise.

What he does have is dynamite in his right hand, I've no idea how the judges had him up unless they scored the 10th, madness. But that right hand is always there and it will do for anyone it connects with.

went exactly as predicted, a few years ago would I'd of fancied Ortiz a lot more but he tired because he's 38 going on 45. A Decent effort and he did better than I thought and it was a great fight to watch.....but I struggled to see him going through 12 without taking a killer shot at some point (as it was he took two but was fortunate wilder could not follow up on the first)

One is Techniclly basic (good basics) slightly predictable with power and size and wobbles when hit 

one is technically unorthodox and unpredictable with power and size and doesn’t seem to wobble 

it won’t last 12 rounds will never go to score cards so there can only be one winner and he isn’t from Watford 

just an opinion 

Edited by NorthfieldsFox

10 minutes ago, NorthfieldsFox said:

One is Techniclly basic (good basics) slightly predictable with power and size and wobbles when hit 

one is technically unorthodox and unpredictable with more power and size and doesn’t seem to wobble 

it won’t last 12 rounds will never go to score cards so there can only be one winner and he isn’t from Watford 

just an opinion 

Ortiz had him wobbling all over the place but this is besides the point that has nothing to do with technique, the outcome of that fight is not the debate that is indeed a matter of opinion and if you think that then fair enough.

What I'm not having is deontay wilder is the better techical boxer that is a no contest, as you've alluded to AJ is far from a perfect example of boxing technique himself but as you say at least the basics are present. Wilder looks embarrassing at times,  but it's effective when he connects.

Edited by Manwell Pablo

10 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Ortiz had him wobbling all over the place but this is besides the point that has nothing to do with technique, the outcome of that fight is not the debate that is indeed a matter of opinion and if you think that then fair enough.

What I'm not having is deontay wilder is the better techical boxer that is a no contest, as you've alluded to AJ is far from a perfect example of boxing technique himself but as you say at least the basics are present. Wilder looks embarrassing at times,  but it's effective when he connects.

Ortiz would have knocked Joshua out in the 7th last night  , wilder stood and and got through it , Joshua for me wouldn’t , look what that Bum Whyte did to Joshua he nearly wiped him out as did old man Klitchko 

neither are in a Lenox Lewis puglaist category so for me talking about technique is immaterial both are seriously flawed , joshua’s Feet are nailed to the flats of the boards. 

It will simply come to who bangs hardest and who can take a shot and for me wilder just shades that , but I like Joshua and hope he can withstand that right hand. 

This fight will never make the score cards 

3 minutes ago, NorthfieldsFox said:

Ortiz would have knocked Joshua out in the 7th last night  , wilder stood and and got through it , Joshua for me wouldn’t , look what that Bum Whyte did to Joshua he nearly wiped him out as did old man Klitchko 

neither are in a Lenox Lewis puglaist category so for me talking about technique is immaterial both are seriously flawed , joshua’s Feet are nailed to the flats of the boards. 

It will simply come to who bangs hardest and who can take a shot and for me wilder just shades that , but I like Joshua and hope he can withstand that right hand. 

This fight will never make the score cards 

Hell of a statement and very disrespectful to Wladmir Klitschko (Ortiz is officially around the same age and unofficially probably about three years older)  vastly over stating what little success whyte had in their fight, and I am not sure why neither being in Lenox Lewis's league technically is of any relevance at all, Joshua might not be a Lewis (a far cry from one I'd say) but he can jab and can box and his power shots are much more accurate composed and put together compared to the Wilder Windmill, but I'm in a good mood this morning so I'll just say it's a sport of  opinions. 

Personally having watched Malik Scott go the distance with Ortiz and Dave Allen managing to go 7 with him I'd put him in a category of being very easily dealt with by Joshua before last night, but he gave a good account of himself last night and maybe he was dragged down to their level, maybe he wasn't , but for those reasons I don't think this answers all the question marks regarding Mr Wilder.

You are most certainly right i would imagine it won't and due to the power of both men I'd say you can't right either off but I'd favour Joshua.

8 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

You are most certainly right i would imagine it won't and due to the power of both men I'd say you can't right either off but I'd favour Joshua.

Maybe you are right and maybe I’m right time will tell

not sure what you do for a living but wow your reply’s are always very long , its almost like your expertise can not find a full stop lol 

Edited by NorthfieldsFox

4 minutes ago, NorthfieldsFox said:

Maybe you are right and maybe I’m right time will tell

not sure what you do for a living but wow your reply’s are always very long , its almost like your expertise can not find a full stop lol 

It does t involve punctuation I'll give that much away (.)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, NorthfieldsFox said:

one is technically unorthodox and unpredictable with power and size and doesn’t seem to wobble 

just an opinion 

lol Nah not having that, thats disrespectful to fighters that have a genuine unorthodox technique. 

Wilder is little more than a pub brawler with dynamite in one hand.

Never been an AJ fan either btw but should be a decent watch whilst it lasts.

• Like 1

None of the big name heavyweights are particularly skilful but thats making for very entertaining fights.

Wilder is like a bowl of spaghetti but it really seems effective.  The swings are so wild that something is bound to catch.

AJ is pretty static but has a fairly good jab and also dynamic power.

I think both would struggle with a prime Tyson Fury but I doubt we’ll see that version again.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

None of the big name heavyweights are particularly skilful but thats making for very entertaining fights.

Wilder is like a bowl of spaghetti but it really seems effective.  The swings are so wild that something is bound to catch.

AJ is pretty static but has a fairly good jab and also dynamic power.

I think both would struggle with a prime Tyson Fury but I doubt we’ll see that version again.

True that, the Tyson that fought Vlad would absolutely box the ears off the 2 big hitters.

Anybody know what Gaelic has done this time? ?

Hearn wants 60% of the pot according to some sources , he doesn’t want that fight 

not now 

fury and frank warren have promised Wilder a huge Vegas show in Dec if fury wins two come back fights 

maybe Joshua will wait for winner of that and then have a global super show ?? 

On 04/03/2018 at 08:09, Col city fan said:

5th May. Triple G v Canelo.

Hold onto your hats ladies and gents.

I read somewhere today that Canelo has tested positive for some form of Anabolic substance - gutted because he's my favourite at the moment. 

Thought somebody might have covered it before me in here though so could be fake news. Would definitely put that fight in jeopardy if it's true. It'll be the fight of the year if it goes ahead. 

Nope, looks legit: 

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/id/22657370/canelo-alvarez-tests-positive-banned-drug-clenbuterol-ahead-gennady-golovkin-fight 

Edited by Manini

15 hours ago, NorthfieldsFox said:

Hearn wants 60% of the pot according to some sources , he doesn’t want that fight 

not now 

fury and frank warren have promised Wilder a huge Vegas show in Dec if fury wins two come back fights 

maybe Joshua will wait for winner of that and then have a global super show ?? 

I don't think wilder will get more than 40% unless situations drastically change. To be honest given parkers only got about 32.5 I think 40 is pretty good, itll certainly dwarf his next biggest payday into near enough insignificance.

If anything I'd say him asking for 50 shows he doesn't want the fight, totally unrealistic.

1 hour ago, EastAnglianFox said:

This is absolutely me after a few shandies trying to convince my mates that Id be able to box at a decent level lollol 

Strangely his footwork and head movement made him look deceptively like he may have had some basic competence of sorts but then came the obstacle of being able to throw a punch without looking like the windmilling bully in the playground. Incredible he was allowed in the ring. lol