Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_FAN_1995

Boxing

1 minute ago, foxfanazer said:

What did he say about Groves? Missed that bit

Just that he made loads of mistakes tonight. But it was more to do with setting up digs at eubank. He ended it with he rates groves and he showed heart to fight the last with the injury but he showed heart against someone who's not good at boxing essentially. 

Edited by ARTY_FOX

1 hour ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Agreed. Groves seems to have made a good choice too! 

Always walks on to spit fire, Amazing ring walk, there's a reason it was included in the boxing quiz. The bloke just looks hell bent on causing damage. He did nick it off Calazaghe though, I want to say Jeff lacy fight off the top of my head as joe always mixed his songs up. But that track will always be George Groves for me.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GaelicFox said:

Tired will give my thoughts tomorrow,  but yes baby 

C0936D45-274B-41E7-91DC-18F7FA09196E.jpeg

TBH given the things you've been saying about JR this year and even earlier in th build up can't believe you went for it. Well done though enjoy it.

Edited by Manwell Pablo

1 hour ago, foxfanazer said:

lol how old is he? Hardly gonna give it up is he

He does need some proper coaching imo though

He's not that good. Never mind his coaching. He has no coach because daddy knows best, Deh wahhries chode junneah.

He has a twitter account, a famous farther, and a good pr team that I will be brutally honest even fooled me into thinking he had a chance, they picked their fights well going into this, but Arthur arbraham was never that good when he was in his prime but JR beating him up for 12 rounds was somehow seen as his arrival, and the bottom four seeds in this completion at super middle were quite blatantly well off the level.

He got beat by billy joe Saunders, he ducked golovkin, he even ducked Langford, took a step up in weight and got throughly found out by groves. That's one of the things that have permanently annoyed me about him, you can sit there dance around doing nice little shuffles against domestic level fighters or 39 year old mediocre ex world champions, when you get to the big fight and produce the performance he has just put in, the cats out the bag. He didn't just lose tonight, he got fcking thumped.

but yeah you're right, plenty more pound notes to be made off the u bank name yet and Naz is a full blown idiot.

EDIT: George groves apparently has a dislocated shoulder, see how this works out for Kalles tournament, apatently the show continues despite injuries so he either goes against everything he has said and postpones the final or hands the winner of brahmer smith 45 million pounds for doing jack shit.

This is exactly the situation he did not want.

Edited by Manwell Pablo

Well I could not of been more wrong about this fight. Great tactics by Groves and terrible tactics by Jr. gulf in experience. 

How good does this make Carl Froch look though?

there will be a Rematch down the line somehwere... Eubank needs to fight at this weight more often.

Eubank Jr said this will finally be the fight in which  he steps out of  his father’s shadow and he was absolutely right- he’s absolutely no where near the same class and is not even close to being in his shadow now...

Edited by MPH

9 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

TBH given the things you've been saying about JR this year and even earlier in th build up can't believe you went for it. Well done though enjoy it.

You have seen this reply already 

but I realised I was being nostalgic , I really wanted to believe Chris Eubank Snr has been re-incarnated as a harder tougher and more durable man , but when I anyalysed my thinking and the facts I realised Jnr will never be as good as his dad and he will never have the tools to beat a genuine world class operator like groves 

was a classy job by groves , but I saw enough chinks to suggest Smith will cause him issues , but groves really thuds that jab and smiths stance will suit that jab 

fascinating final 

place was rocking , I like how this was produced better more raw than Matchroom , felt like prize fighting with a bit of old school production 

38 minutes ago, GaelicFox said:

You have seen this reply already 

but I realised I was being nostalgic , I really wanted to believe Chris Eubank Snr has been re-incarnated as a harder tougher and more durable man , but when I anyalysed my thinking and the facts I realised Jnr will never be as good as his dad and he will never have the tools to beat a genuine world class operator like groves 

was a classy job by groves , but I saw enough chinks to suggest Smith will cause him issues , but groves really thuds that jab and smiths stance will suit that jab 

fascinating final 

place was rocking , I like how this was produced better more raw than Matchroom , felt like prize fighting with a bit of old school production 

Dunno if you've seen but Groves in hospital with suspected dislocated shoulder. So could well be Smith Eubank. 

2 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Dunno if you've seen but Groves in hospital with suspected dislocated shoulder. So could well be Smith Eubank. 

Yea I saw the shoulder , I popped mine once as a kid and still played a school’s final 8 weeks later , all depends on ligaments and if any damage to that 

Edited by GaelicFox

I know Jr was his own worst enemy, but I got a bit frustrated with Groves constantly leaning his weight all over him, putting his arm around Jr's neck, deliberately tangling arms and constantly smothering him. 

Is that displaying boxing skills or just doing what he had to do legally within the rules?

35 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

I know Jr was his own worst enemy, but I got a bit frustrated with Groves constantly leaning his weight all over him, putting his arm around Jr's neck, deliberately tangling arms and constantly smothering him. 

Is that displaying boxing skills or just doing what he had to do legally within the rules?

Its clever not what I'd call skill, Groves is better at range so when JR closes the gap tangle him up, force a break, all of a sudden your back at range, faint, faint, jab, faint faint hook etc. Not the fight Eubank wants.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Ring craft 

22 minutes ago, GaelicFox said:

Ring craft 

Looked more like WWE wrestling craft at times :D

But I get why he resorted to it and Eubank should have been smarter. I was disappointed with Jr just swinging wildly but I did admire his energy and heart.

Also, Groves looked a lot bigger and stronger I thought. How can he transform from the weigh in and put on so much bulk on just over 24 hours? 

Edit: This is what Tony Bellew said:

"I think Eubank Jr was around 12st 2lbs in there and Groves I predict about 13st 2lbs. The leaning on him, the wrestling, pushing down, he was exhausted and Eubank Jr needs to go down to middleweight if he's to fulfil his potential.

Edited by Izzy Muzzett
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Looked more like WWE wrestling craft at times :D

But I get why he resorted to it and Eubank should have been smarter. I was disappointed with Jr just swinging wildly but I did admire his energy and heart.

Also, Groves looked a lot bigger and stronger I thought. How can he transform from the weigh in and put on so much bulk on just over 24 hours? 

Edit: This is what Tony Bellew said:

"I think Eubank Jr was around 12st 2lbs in there and Groves I predict about 13st 2lbs. The leaning on him, the wrestling, pushing down, he was exhausted and Eubank Jr needs to go down to middleweight if he's to fulfil his potential.

You find a way to nullify you’re opponents main threat. Happens in every sport. I think Eubank tied himself up a lot of the time anyway with his wild swings

• Like 2

1 hour ago, foxfanazer said:

You find a way to nullify you’re opponents main threat. Happens in every sport. I think Eubank tied himself up a lot of the time anyway with his wild swings

This.

I think Eubank tired himself out a lot too, with his wild swings. Physically, swinging like this so often, and missing, is knackering.

3 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Its really no different to  someone using his muscle to get to the ball first in football...