Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_FAN_1995

Boxing

6 hours ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

his whole persona, even makes being a drug dealer boring. He seems like a nice bloke though, but if you're a boxer you need to be a bit of a complete helmet to be remotely interesting to me

‘Complete helmet’, very good, spat my wine ? everywhere ! Joshua admits that not too long ago he was on a bad path, mixing with the wrong people, would have ended up in prison etc. Maybe he just wants to grasp his chance and focus on what he’s pretty good at ? I personally think it’s a breath of fresh air not having a champ who is full of ego and bull****. I take your point though completely. 

Great stuff from Whyte. Very impressive knock out from him. Browne looked like he'd won the chance to fight after winning a raffle. Cannot believe he was undefeated before tonight, hope he's ok though because he was not in a good way on the canvas. 

Whyte doing what he needed to and hopefully ending the non existent hype of Browne.

Dillian has always had it in him to box clever, i think it was just unfortunate for him that most will judge him on the Joshua and Chisora fights which were both very personal and grudge type fights.

1 hour ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Whyte doing what he needed to and hopefully ending the non existent hype of Browne.

Dillian has always had it in him to box clever, i think it was just unfortunate for him that most will judge him on the Joshua and Chisora fights which were both very personal and grudge type fights.

Browne hype was all based on Ruslan Chagev win, and as much as people love to diss the current crop of heavy weights they need to remember why they are held in such high regard, they are following on from an era where those two were genuine world champion material.

Good display from “that bum Whyte”  earned his go at wilder for me, Eddie pulling the strings in this division. No doubt much to oscar de la Hoyas annoyance. Assuming he gets rid of Parker Joshua will walk straight into a mando against Povetkin assuming he does his job against price. WBC can surely only hold out on a Breazelle Whyte showdown before one of them has to be forced upon Wilder. Eddie will ride that one out to its conclusion. If there’s any chance he can get a landmark unification fight where he’s being paid on both sides he’s gonna go for it.

On 25/03/2018 at 02:28, Manwell Pablo said:

Browne hype was all based on Ruslan Chagev win, and as much as people love to diss the current crop of heavy weights they need to remember why they are held in such high regard, they are following on from an era where those two were genuine world champion material.

Good display from “that bum Whyte”  earned his go at wilder for me, Eddie pulling the strings in this division. No doubt much to oscar de la Hoyas annoyance. Assuming he gets rid of Parker Joshua will walk straight into a mando against Povetkin assuming he does his job against price. WBC can surely only hold out on a Breazelle Whyte showdown before one of them has to be forced upon Wilder. Eddie will ride that one out to its conclusion. If there’s any chance he can get a landmark unification fight where he’s being paid on both sides he’s gonna go for it.

I assume the Wilder / Joshua exchanges in the media are really all just hype, both of them trying to lay ground work for an eventual fight to sell it more? 

I assume both, really, know they've got fair few other commitments first before they end up meeting? 

42 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I could be wrong, but Whyte looked slimmer than he did when he fought AJ? Looked quicker.

I agree mate. I’ve heard a few Whyte interviews lately and it sounds like he’s taking it all a lot more seriously now. I wasn’t a fan of his in the beginning but he’s starting to impress and he could be right in the mix soon I reckon.

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

I assume the Wilder / Joshua exchanges in the media are really all just hype, both of them trying to lay ground work for an eventual fight to sell it more? 

I assume both, really, know they've got fair few other commitments first before they end up meeting? 

Wilder could in theory be sat where Parker is now I don't think his fight against Ortiz was a mandatory. But he stated he wanted a 50% split which if he actually wants this fight to take place (I am not sure he does) he will have to budge on. It's a fight Wilder hypes it more for me anyway, Eddie seems to  have a lot to say on the subject, I rarely hear AJ talk about it, I think his pick of opponent would be Tyson Fury

Assuming AJ wins on Saturday, there is at the time of writing, no reason why they could not sign a deal to fight each. It's not as easy as that though and one of them will no doubt be ordered into a mandatory defense while they are bickering over money, or maybe even before if/when Povetkin knocks out Price on the undercard I cant see anything other than AJ povetkin being ordered by the WBA. And then he'll probably have to take an IBF Mandatory in December, Meaning it'll probably be this time next year we see them fight. So it's all politics and what if's really.

But yes while all that is going on it doesn't hurt to build the beef. 

Edited by Manwell Pablo

Now...I'm not well-versed on the topic, but can anyone tell me what the point is of having so many multiple belts/organisations and the daft mandatory challenges beyond making money for the people in those organisations?

I mean, the public wants to know who is the best in each division, right? So that implies one belt, one boxer. Why all the bloody song and dance with multiple organisations?