Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_FAN_1995

Boxing

9 hours ago, NorthfieldsFox said:

Yeah fuming it was on sky sports action.....oh well six months to go and it’s no longer a problem.

Was a bit of a miss match tbf, l like Yafai but think Ancajas will have his number unfortunately should it ever happen.

Edited by Manwell Pablo
  • Like 1

Billy Joe Sickders 

is a joke to do this to Murray everyone knows what’s going on behind the scenes , no tickets being sold and Billy looking at a very basic payday and he isn’t happy to accept that , the talk of potential super fights have put paid to this bout 

Championship boxers should be made put up 10% of their  purse or 20% of the bids once a fight is made and it’s forfieted if a panel of 3 doctors don’t agree with the injury issue 

On 03/06/2018 at 14:58, NorthfieldsFox said:

Billy Joe Sickders 

is a joke to do this to Murray everyone knows what’s going on behind the scenes , no tickets being sold and Billy looking at a very basic payday and he isn’t happy to accept that , the talk of potential super fights have put paid to this bout 

Championship boxers should be made put up 10% of their  purse or 20% of the bids once a fight is made and it’s forfieted if a panel of 3 doctors don’t agree with the injury issue 

Didnt think it would happen but wouldn’t be shocked if this was just so GGG comes to the table. Can’t see it being massively about the cash given you presume he’s wasted most of this year preparing for this or the cancelled first fight you’d think there would have to be something actually in the pipeline to cancel.

Which is odd really, you’d think billy would just get this fight done then negotiate as it’s only three weeks away, and he should really be comfortable taking care of Martin Murray if he’s a good as he says he is. Perhaps Someone somewhere is applying pressure, Struggle to believe he is actually injured and both him and warren have gone down in my estimations if they make it obvious that is indeed the case. They’ve both been very vocal about others pulling this kind of crap,

Time will tell as always if he’s gets a big fight announcement in the next 4 weeks we know what’s happened.

Edited by Manwell Pablo

10 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Didnt think it would happen but wouldn’t be shocked if this was just so GGG comes to the table. Can’t see it being massively about the cash given you presume he’s wasted most of this year preparing for this or the cancelled first fight you’d think there would have to be something actually in the pipeline to cancel.

Which is odd really, you’d think billy would just get this fight done then negotiate as it’s only three weeks away, and he should really be comfortable taking care of Martin Murray if he’s a good as he says he is. Perhaps Someone somewhere is applying pressure, Struggle to believe he is actually injured and both him and warren have gone down in my estimations if they make it obvious that is indeed the case. They’ve both been very vocal about others pulling this kind of crap,

Time will tell as always if he’s gets a big fight announcement in the next 4 weeks we know what’s happened.

Heard today he is also fat ! Not sure how true that is but it’s a fecking mess 

41 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

They reckon it’s gonna be povetkin at the moment don’t they?

very solid performance from Okolie this evening.

Great venue for these and great time of week 

okolie looks proper 

I have a feeling Joshua and Wilder know this is for them ! 

Its now or never 

Mandatories will Ruin it 

46 minutes ago, NorthfieldsFox said:

Great venue for these and great time of week 

okolie looks proper 

I have a feeling Joshua and Wilder know this is for them ! 

Its now or never 

Mandatories will Ruin it 

Looks more like the insistence of both to fight at home seems to be ruining it for me.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Tinman said:

Could have 2 fights,one in the UK, other over there.

From what I’ve seen wilders only interested in one over there and AJ is  only willing to go over there if wilder beats him here first.

Neither seem interested in a guaranteed two fight deal.

Things can change though I guess, eventually someone is going to need to come out of their comfort zone to make it happen.

i don’t think either is as interested in fighting immediately as they make out. Wilder might like to shoot his mouth of but he’s just using the hype of that fight to build his own stock.

• Like 1

As I said before the fact this fight is a main event and Flanagan’s world title fight against Hooker is on the under card is a bit of a joke and just goes to show how much Warren BT and box nation have invested in Tyson getting back to the top of heavy weight boxing.

Seferi is a cruiser weight who’s record might look good but dig a bit you’ll see a lot of his wins are against men who get punched in the face for a living. I’m not a fan of fighters being judged on the combined win loss record of their own opponents but in his case it’s quite eye opening.

Fury’s never been the athletic muscular type but he’s still carrying a bit of podge stodge - he’ll walk this fight though as his leg power punching power and footwork will make this guy look like an amateur.

Hes not ready yet though for Wilder or Joshua I don’t think but at his absolute peak stands a very good chance against both.

• Like 1

Bitching about fury and him fooling around with cannon fodder , come on lads it’s a bit of fun ?

he needs the rounds ! It’s not a serious fight , his next fight won’t be either but then the real stuff will happen 

Its just great to see him back and looking healthy , he has to start somewhere 

I never gave him a chance of coming back  his mental health issues looked the real barrier for me but he seems really tighter to his dad and uncle peter is now sacked and Ben has made him fit his mind seems very very stable , his media work for a man that never attended school is immense 

let’s also be clear Tyson can stink a venue out ! He and chisora must have made more stink fights in last 10 years Than any other heavy weights ! He can’t afford a stink tonight as the pressure will rise 

I hope he gets 4 or 5 rounds in and then dispatches the guy with a clinical finish 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

My son has his second amateur fight this evening, followed by Fury..

An evening of boxing looms large..

Good luck to your lad this evening Col :thumbup:

Think I’d rather watch your son fight than Fury vs some bum tbh

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Good luck to your lad this evening Col :thumbup:

Think I’d rather watch your son fight than Fury vs some bum tbh

Gonna be a tough un this one mate. My son does well on his fitness (he’s fit as a butchers dog), but the opponent tonight is a bit of an hard nut apparently.

55 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Gonna be a tough un this one mate. My son does well on his fitness (he’s fit as a butchers dog), but the opponent tonight is a bit of an hard nut apparently.

He won’t be such a hard nut when your lad KO’s him :D

As long as your son comes out safe and unharmed, that’s the main thing mate :thumbup:

43 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

He won’t be such a hard nut when your lad KO’s him :D

As long as your son comes out safe and unharmed, that’s the main thing mate :thumbup:

Aye, I’m off to Notts to see him, apparently the other geezer has 51 watching HIM in the crowd. My lad has a handful of mates..and me!