Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
wellyfox

TO THE MODS

I agree. Slowly ruining this forum as many of the threads become completely off topic and include utter nonsense. I accept some peiple aren't perfect and a few mistakes are no problem, the problem is people picking up on it and ridiculing the person. The Twiiter and Maynard threads are prime examples of this. If people use "chav/text" language then they deserve to be picked up on.

If people use "chav/text" language then they deserve to be picked up on.

Definately this, people need to be picked up on that sort of thing & posting in big blocks of text with no real paragraphing and the like, purely because if they aren't, they continue to post in that way and it's very hard to read.

Guest ttfn

If you want your comments to be taken seriously, you should at least go to the effort of writing them in what could vaguely be described as proper English.

Whenever I see a post written in text speak or with rubbish spelling I pretty much skip over it. Maybe that's a damning indictment on me.

Load of bollox....

I love it when posters engage in rational, in-depth analysis..

Seriously, though, why is your life so pointless and empty that you have to spend a Friday night on a keyboard in defence of a brain-dead chav? :(

If you want your comments to be taken seriously, you should at least go to the effort of writing them in what could vaguely be described as proper English.

Whenever I see a post written in text speak or with rubbish spelling I pretty much skip over it. Maybe that's a damning indictment on me.

Trust me, it's anything but.. :thumbup:

I agree. Slowly ruining this forum as many of the threads become completely off topic and include utter nonsense. I accept some peiple aren't perfect and a few mistakes are no problem, the problem is people picking up on it and ridiculing the person. The Twiiter and Maynard threads are prime examples of this. If people use "chav/text" language then they deserve to be picked up on.

txt speek lol i have no problems with lmao lol. Pisses me off too.

Seriously, though, why is your life so pointless and empty that you have to spend a Friday night on a keyboard in defence of a brain-dead chav? :(

Sorry can i just ask who the brain dead chav is ??

Both sides of the argument are pretty valid, but it's the intention behind that's really up for discussion in my opinion. I can understand some picking up others on their spelling when it's intentionally bad and makes for cumbersome reading. When it's not though, I can perfectly understand frustrations when good valid points are being ridiculed because they're not correctly formulated. I agree that the intentions of the 'correctors' are often hardly good or light-hearted, but a way to show their superiority over others or dismiss arguments on the basis that bad spelling = stupid. I know I've been guilty of it on some occasions and looking back it's not something I'm proud of. I'll refrain from doing so in the future :thumbup:

There's absolutely no need for that kind of vitriol. By your own logic why are you spending your Friday night launching a scathing and frankly disgusting attack on someone you don't even know?

1. Sky tv on the blink.

2. Your intolerance on this topic is pathetic.

3. He`s been a supporter since the mid 70`s, i doubt he`s a chav

4. Is your life so pointless and empty that you have to spend a friday night on a keyboard ridiculing people who sometimes make a spelling mistake ?

5. Put the can down.

1. Sky tv on the blink.

4. Is your life so pointless and empty that you have to spend a friday night on a keyboard ridiculing people who sometimes make a spelling mistake ?

5. Put the can down.

So i am the brain dead chav and Thank you for your support.

If he wants to see how chav i am he can pop out most week ends and meet me at a bike rally.

Chav i'll never be.

The reason this was to the mods is because i feel they should be lokking at some of the abuse and putting a stop to it.

Not standing by watching it.

1. Sky tv on the blink.

5. Put the can down.

[Good angel, dressed in white, on right shoulder] : "Oooer, looks like there's a bit of a disagreement, here...."

[bad devil, all in red, on left shoulder] "FIGHT, FIGHT, FIGHT, FIIIIIIIGHTTTTTT !"

Who gives a toss whether a word in a post is spelt incorrectly, I'm sure we've all done it at the end of the day as long as you get the basic outline of what the poster is trying to say then it doesn't matter, surely ;) IMO

Agree with the sentiment, but do feel saddened that people don't take a bit more pride in their spelling. It really can affect the way you come across to others and people should realise that.

I take your comments and thank you for being constructive and reasonable about it.

And for one person to point it out is one thing. but in some cases it's ridicule from five or six others.

But can i put it another way.

If you was in a pub trying to play darts and not very well and five or six people stood taking the piss out of you would that be funny (and you don't know any of them)

On the same note, when I read a post that's full of misspellings and grammatical inconsistencies, my brain just focuses on those and I can't really digest what the post is about! It's annoying, but I guess it's just how my brain works :dunno:

I try to use the rights words in the right order with the right punctuation, but there comes a point when you realise it's just a forum not a job application or an exam.

People making the odd mistake is much better than text speak, but yes, people should have a bit of pride. There are times when overseas supporters who have English as a second language spell better than some people, but you'll never see me belittle or criticise anyone for it.

I take your comments and thank you for being constructive and reasonable about it.

And for one person to point it out is one thing. but in some cases it's ridicule from five or six others.

But can i put it another way.

If you was in a pub trying to play darts and not very well and five or six people stood taking the piss out of you would that be funny (and you don't know any of them)

Mate, I take your point, I really do.

My issue is that people seem to dismiss it as unimportant to make an effort. I was speaking about this with quite a few people earlier today and we all agreed that to us it was important to spell correctly etc and to be seen to spell correctly and that even where this was not possible, to make the effort to do so. It seems that now kids at school (and I know I'm narrowing the point here, I do of course realise in some cases it is adults who struggle with spelling) don't take pride in their handwriting, spelling, grammar or presentation of their work - a generalisation I know, but one I necessarily have to make in conveying this point.

Txtspk is just plain lazy as far as I am concerned, is symptomatic of the decline in standards of the written English language, especially amongst young people and if it makes me shallow to judge the likely merit of any opinions expressed by someone using txtspk as likely light, throwaway and simplistic, then fair enough, guilty as charged.

Without wanting to start a new topic I thought I'd post it here.

What has happened with Mods deleting people's posts all of a sudden?

I only remember posts being deleted when something really bad was posted, but now it seems as if people will just get their posts removed for no reason at all.

Sorry to sound like a moaning git at the Moderators on here, it just seems like some of the moderating has been a bit heavy handed/unnecessary recently.

Some people are complete jokes.. It's a human duty to use correct grammar?

What about dyslexic people?

Not everyone may have had the best upbringing, some people have learning difficulties.. Some of which where people are wrapped up in their "perfect" existence that they can not accept peoples faults! It's pathetic!!

Leicester City fans come onto this site to pick up on vibes created by other foxes fans, to find out gossip, news etc.. Because they can not use correct grammar people are being b3ll3nds!! GET A LIFE!!

Without wanting to start a new topic I thought I'd post it here.

What has happened with Mods deleting people's posts all of a sudden?

I only remember posts being deleted when something really bad was posted, but now it seems as if people will just get their posts removed for no reason at all.

Sorry to sound like a moaning git at the Moderators on here, it just seems like some of the moderating has been a bit heavy handed/unnecessary recently.

I don't know which posts you are referring to, but if those posts are in the same spirit as some in here or other recent/current threads, I'm sure they're just being pre-emptive. The standard of the posting has plummeted dramatically since the season ended...

Mate, I take your point, I really do.

My issue is that people seem to dismiss it as unimportant to make an effort. I was speaking about this with quite a few people earlier today and we all agreed that to us it was important to spell correctly etc and to be seen to spell correctly and that even where this was not possible, to make the effort to do so. It seems that now kids at school (and I know I'm narrowing the point here, I do of course realise in some cases it is adults who struggle with spelling) don't take pride in their handwriting, spelling, grammar or presentation of their work - a generalisation I know, but one I necessarily have to make in conveying this point.

Txtspk is just plain lazy as far as I am concerned, is symptomatic of the decline in standards of the written English language, especially amongst young people and if it makes me shallow to judge the likely merit of any opinions expressed by someone using txtspk as likely light, throwaway and simplistic, then fair enough, guilty as charged.

Your not guilty i hate txtspk I'm talking about a spelling mistake or bad .

And am no kid at 45 :crylaugh: (wish i was again)

Not everyone can run play darts pool or football or fix a broken down car or bike but come on here and spell something wrong.

Archived