Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fez of Mahrez

Gelson Fernandes

Good player, but do we really need ANOTHER defensive midfielder???? Surely one of our current bunch will be on their way, and I can see one or two of Oakley, Abe or Wellens potentially leaving.

At this rate, we're gonna probably have the best defence in the championship, but without a quality striker and winger we won't be able to score enough goals. Unless Fernandes can play on the wing? :dunno:

Good player, but do we really need ANOTHER defensive midfielder???? Surely one of our current bunch will be on their way, and I can see one or two of Oakley, Abe or Wellens potentially leaving.

At this rate, we're gonna probably have the best defence in the championship, but without a quality striker and winger we won't be able to score enough goals. Unless Fernandes can play on the wing? :dunno:

Wellens isn't really a defensive mid. This would be the general type we need IMO. Might be time up for Oakley if he came in but that'd be a decent swap.

This guy is definitely prem quality.

Hes not a defensive midfielder as many have suggested although he could do that job. Seen him play a number of times for Man City always impressed me can score goals too. I would be surprised if he came here hes too good for this division. But with Sven and the Thai backing who knows. He alongside Nolan at West Ham would be the outstanding signings of the summer in this division. Sends a real message to the rest in this league

Like I said think he would be good at this level.

But Man City websites list him as there worst signing of recent years.

He was only 22 then mind, but he is a Swiss starter.

We have Danns, Abe, Wellens, King, Oakley and we might add Fernandes :S

What some people forget is.....Man City trying to win the Prem League.....Leicester City trying to win the Championship.

Why are people so bothered that we may have too many centre midfielders? Playing for places? Not being funny but should we turn him down as we already have enough, the guy is quality and would do more than an excelent job in this division! I know was wasn't particularly looking for another CM but who cares!

Hmm he played around 50 times for Man City so can't have been that bad! Not seen him to be honest, but judging by his stats and comments he seems like he could be a good addition to our squad. Like the fact that there will be lots of competition in midfield

Hmm he played around 50 times for Man City so can't have been that bad! Not seen him to be honest, but judging by his stats and comments he seems like he could be a good addition to our squad. Like the fact that there will be lots of competition in midfield

rifght age, good expierence of English game, International starter, very atheletic, yes please!

At 22 you can't really expect a player of his style to set the world alight, he would boss the chamionship! Don't forget he was young and playing in the prem at city. He is a quality player, and is exactly what we need.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_7061951,00.html

Skysports.com understands Leicester are in talks to sign former Manchester City midfielder Gelson Fernandes.

Foxes boss Sven-Goran Eriksson is exploring the possibility of bringing Fernandes back to England from St Etienne.

The Swiss international spent last season on loan at Chievo and it appears he does not figure in St Etienne's plans.

The news has alerted Eriksson, who is a big fan of the 24-year-old having worked with him during his time in charge of City.

Fernandes' agent, Marcel Schmid, has confirmed Leicester have expressed an interest in the player and that he is weighing up a move to the Championship.

"The two clubs are in discussions about a deal," Schmid told skysports.com.

"Sven Goran Eriksson is a big admirer of Gelson having worked with him at Manchester City and he would like to work with him again.

"Gelson enjoyed some good experiences with Sven and he would be happy to join him again.

"We are open to more discussions, but nothing has been decided as yet."

Archived