Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fez of Mahrez

Gelson Fernandes

http://www.sport.fr/football/journal-des-transferts-du-25-au-28-juilet-227743.shtm

translated in english

While Bordeaux out of two very disappointing seasons from the title of champion of France 2008/2009, Wendel could join AS Saint-Etienne / Looking for a midfielder from the wound and Alejandro Alonso Dimitri Payet's departure, the leaders have also set their sights on Jérémy Pied, trained player in the rival Lyon. One that is not welcomed by Jean-Michel Aulas ... / Boubacar Sanogo refuses to go to trial with Celtic, hoping his luck in the Drill. Barred by the official arrival of Jeremy Clement (more) Gelson Fernandes is expected to cross the Channel and joined Leicester City (English D2) / A one year from the end of his contract, Sylvain Monsoreau should leave. Monaco, Sochaux and Lyon are in the running.

He was asked about him, seems pretty straight forward to me :sweating: , didn't say anything new just that he had tried to get in touch but couldn't, but had spoken to his agent. He said all that about two weeks ago, doesn't sound to me that he's still trying for him

That is exactly right. I am sure Sven would like to have a chat with Owen and to see for himself how fit and match ready he is, but that comment does not imply we are about to sign him. Just that we could have some interest!!

I doubt it, tbh. I wouldn't be surprised if Oakley went, though. And Moreno, obviously.

Sven says he wants two for every position, but Wellens won't be happy to sit on the bench, Oakley will.

Fernandes - Abe - Johnson - King - Oakley - Danns

Wellens will probably move back up North IMO.

Happy if true, who knows we might just play Centre mids out of position, seem to remember Sven's old trick of sticking Gerrard out on the left to accomodate 2 other Centre mids :dunno:

Sven says he wants two for every position, but Wellens won't be happy to sit on the bench, Oakley will.

Who says he will be sitting on the bench? Sven was a big fan of Richie and Kingy last season.

We will see alot of squad rotation this season.

I can see one of the midfielders leaving. Wouldn't be too upset about Oakley going as his best years are long behind him. Amazing the depth we have in midfield. Just hope we can keep everyone happy and not have unrest in the squad if players aren't playing. A good headache for Sven to have in team selection though.

The reason Sven wants 2 for each position is because he wants a big squad to rotate. Wellens is better than Oakley. Oakley is surplus. I don't think many of our best 22 players will have to make do with the bench for very long.

Who says he will be sitting on the bench? Sven was a big fan of Richie and Kingy last season.

Exactly, Sven often said last season how much he likes Wellens, and offered him a new deal. Would be strange if he has suddenly gone down in Svens estimations. If any of the 'core' midfielders go then I reckon it will be Abe.

Sure, he may play a lot of games, but IMO if someone does leave, i think it will be Wellens.

Sven has bought in Johnson, Danns and possibly Fernandes and managers are usually more inclined to play their own signings than previous managers signing. Just my opinion.

Exactly, Sven often said last season how much he likes Wellens, and offered him a new deal. Would be strange if he has suddenly gone down in Svens estimations. If any of the 'core' midfielders go then I reckon it will be Abe.

Abe won't go I would imagine he would be back up option to Fernades, Oakley is a goner and Moussa (on loan)

Happy if true, who knows we might just play Centre mids out of position, seem to remember Sven's old trick of sticking Gerrard out on the left to accomodate 2 other Centre mids :dunno:

I doubt it. If we were going to use wide midfielders, I'm sure we would have signed some, instead of adding 3 more CMs - especially considering central midfield was already pretty strong from last season. I expect we will be using formations with at least 3 CMs - 4-3-3, 4-1-3-2, 4-3-1-2, etc. and rotating the best 6 CMs we have.

Archived