Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fez of Mahrez

Gelson Fernandes

Serie A is though. And he plays regularly for Switzerland. And we're only Leicester City, playing in the Championship - we're not pushing for the Champions League.

I don't really know much about him. From what I read he sounds good and I hope we buy him. I DO know the French football league and it is average. Leicester would finish higher than St.Etienne who have been very poor since the halycon days of the 70's. They've been better recently but 17th and 10th in the French first is nothing to write home about.

I'll ask why Fernandes isn't in the team - didn't play against PSG last game, hopefully it was because he's on his way here.

People on here saying he is a premiership class player? Seriously?

A lot of my mates are Man City fans and say he is terrible! Also remember he is unwanted at a mid-table French team. He spent last season at a mid-table Serie A team who decided NOT to take up the option to buy him.

I am not saying he will be a poor signing, but people putting the signing of him in the same bracket as WH signing Nolan is crazy.

I think you need to watch him play before saying how good or bad he is. Just because your mates think he's shit doesn't mean he is actually shit.

Who would be the midfield three?

I'd have thought:

Danns Wellens

Fendandes

Not good news for King IMO. Sven dropped him to the bench a few times towards the end of last season + he seems to be a fan of Wellens. You would have thought Danns had to start else why sign him?

Who would be the midfield three?

I'd have thought:

Danns Wellens

Fendandes

Not good news for King IMO. Sven dropped him to the bench a few times towards the end of last season + he seems to be a fan of Wellens. You would have thought Danns had to start else why sign him?

King > Fernandes

Based on what i've seen of them both, admittedly not a lot of Fernandes.

aye he seems a fairly good cover player from the limited bits ive seen of him :dunno:

I doubt we would sign him for cover he will go straight into the starting 11 I would imagine, but this signing would prove useful in allowing rotation of our midfielders :thumbup:

Would be the best signing of the summer in my opinion, thought he was solid at Man City and has been a regular in a strong Switzerland team.

We definetly need to strengthen the midfield as we are going to be playing with 3 centre mids all season rotating between King, Wellens, Abe, Danns and Fernandes and the center mids should tire more quickly during games so we should look at subbing 2 of them for 2 from the bench on about the hour make to keep the work rate up.

I feel in this way we should easily keep the 5 of them happy but we should look at off-loading Oakley and Moussa (on loan) before the start of the season.

Fernandes is a quality holding midfielder. So it wont be a question of him or King and Fernandes will sit in front of the back four, whilst King will hopefully be in more attacking positions. Different types of midfielder

EXACTLY no creativity since Mark Davies left

Now you say that I am massively suprised we have not been linked with him yet this summer. Not that he would come or anything but every transfer window since he played he is suggested as a possible target.

EXACTLY no creativity since Mark Davies left

+ 1

We most def lack creativity in the final third. Someone with pace and the ability to run at defenders. Look at reading and QPR for prime examples last season. Ripped teams apart on the counter especially reading.

It's a fact though guys, some managers/coaches can get skills, performances,attitude out of a player that his previous manager/coach wasn't able to do. Examples from our own football club in very recent times : Max Gradel, D J Campbell, Matty Fryatt etc, whatsisname/whoisit center back at Wolves!

So just because Fernandes wasn't a regular in the St Etiene side doesn't mean that he is 'shit' to borrow a phrase!

IMO if The Mighty Sven wants to bring him to City, that's good enough for me.

In Sven we trust.

+ 1

We most def lack creativity in the final third. Someone with pace and the ability to run at defenders. Look at reading and QPR for prime examples last season. Ripped teams apart on the counter especially reading.

Neil Danns

+ 1

Gallgher? Nugent can be quite creative? Wellness? King? And as previously mentioned Danns?

Archived