Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fez of Mahrez

Gelson Fernandes

http://www.francefootball.fr/#!/news/2011/07/21/190413_leicester-fonce-sur-gelson-fernandes.html

Basically he's at St Etienne, although Wiki (most reliable of sources) suggests he may be out of contract. Can't find anything to back that up. Surprised his name hasn't been mentioned more given his previous links with Sven.

http://twitter.com/#!/GameOf_2Halves

Leicester City are after Swiss international Gelson Fernandes #LCFC

Fernandes signed for Manchester City from Sion on 14 July 2007 for an undisclosed fee, believed to be around €6 million (£4.2 million), which would make his sale the second highest transfer in the history of the Swiss League.[citation needed] Following his signing, Sven-Göran Eriksson commented that he thought Fernandes was the "best young player in Switzerland."

So another one that has worked under Sven...

Also from his Wikipedia page (sorry all, but was intrigued to find out more about him.) :frusty:

So another one that has worked under Sven...

Also from his Wikipedia page (sorry all, but was intrigued to find out more about him.) :frusty:

hmm another midfielder, interesting.

Still think a big name will go if this happens - And I'm thinking King as well as Oakley and possibly Moussa..........

hmm another midfielder, interesting.

Still think a big name will go if this happens - And I'm thinking King as well as Oakley and possibly Moussa..........

He is a defensive midfielder, If so Oakley will definitely leave, not King :thumbup:

I wish we'd be linked with some more strikers <_<

from what Ive seen of this lad, I think he isnt bad at all tho tbf

We need a Claude Makelele type figure in our team based on last season evidence therefore Gelson Fernandes would provide this role, we will get a striker don't worry :thumbup:

If i remember rightly , very good footballer with great ability going forward and defending , but struggles with injuries?.....Would be a another good signing, but we already have Wellens and Yuki for defensive midfielders, surely dont need three?

He's a machine. If we had him holding the midfield with Two of danns/king/wellens infront of him it would be awesome. Yuki will be first reserve for gelson, then add the moose to the other three as first reserve and jobs a good un!

:thumbup:

I would cum in me own gob if we got hold of this lad, genuine unadulterated quality is Fernandes.

Actually did lol at this. Brilliant!

Reo coker over this guy all day long he was very average at Man City. Although didnt he score the winner against spain at the world cup, it was a screamer from all of two yardsif i remember rightly , no thanks sven !

Reo coker over this guy all day long he was very average at Man City. Although didnt he score the winner against spain at the world cup, it was a screamer from all of two yardsif i remember rightly , no thanks sven !

I'm not being funny, but how can you not want this guy?! He is actually a great player, just because he looked 'average' at Man City doesn't mean he is rubbish. They were a high mid-table side at that time, we are a Championship side, unfortunately we can't actually sign people like Messi, Ronaldo etc... Therefore in my opinion he would be a brilliant signing. :thumbup:

Archived