Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fez of Mahrez

Gelson Fernandes

Noooo I want edgar davids or hargreavs, or oakely in the middle...anyone who no's about football will no that gelson would come in and be imense, top player, and wasn't that bad at city I remeber his 1st 15-20 games those city fans were going nuts about him, how good he was gunna be, even my uncle. He then had a slight injury and never regained enough form to force a starting place and it was at the time where they were buying whoo ever they could. I seam to remeber him being replaced bu michael johnson

People on here saying he is a premiership class player? Seriously?

A lot of my mates are Man City fans and say he is terrible! Also remember he is unwanted at a mid-table French team. He spent last season at a mid-table Serie A team who decided NOT to take up the option to buy him.

I am not saying he will be a poor signing, but people putting the signing of him in the same bracket as WH signing Nolan is crazy.

A lot of my mates are Man City fans and say he is terrible! Also remember he is unwanted at a mid-table French team. He spent last season at a mid-table Serie A team who decided NOT to take up the option to buy him.

I am not saying he will be a poor signing, but people putting the signing of him in the same bracket as WH signing Nolan is crazy.

He's a remarkable improvement on Matt Oakley and Richie Wellens.

Thoose who likes players with passion will find him interesting. And if he has developed under tha last years, remember he saw Hamann play a very good defensive mf at Man City, he will be a great support for our attack.

I have one reason more why he would suit Sven and our team. Schmeichal, Mills, Ball and Fernandes played together at Man City. All knows how Sven wants it. A goalkeeper, two backs and a defensive midfielder knowing eachother is very good for the defence......

I think i saw somewhere that Gelson had played as a winger also but i'm not sure....

Thoose who likes players with passion will find him interesting. And if he has developed under tha last years, remember he saw Hamann play a very good defensive mf at Man City, he will be a great support for our attack.

I have one reason more why he would suit Sven and our team. Schmeichal, Mills, Ball and Fernandes played together at Man City. All knows how Sven wants it. A goalkeeper, two backs and a defensive midfielder knowing eachother is very good for the defence......

I think i saw somewhere that Gelson had played as a winger also but i'm not sure....

Don't forget Vassell who was already here

Wellens is a great player and our most consistant last year. Don't knock Booby Davro!

Sorry but Gelson Fernandes is much better than Richie Wellens, and I wouldn't say Wellens was the most consistant.

I can remember this guy when he first signed for Man City and he looked good, but that doesn't mean he's awesome now.

He'd be a good squad player for us i'm sure, but i'm not going to get too excited until i've seen him play a few games for us. As someone has said above, if he can't get into St Etienne's side then I don't think he'll walk into ours.

I can remember this guy when he first signed for Man City and he looked good, but that doesn't mean he's awesome now.

He'd be a good squad player for us i'm sure, but i'm not going to get too excited until i've seen him play a few games for us. As someone has said above, if he can't get into St Etienne's side then I don't think he'll walk into ours.

To be fair, Junior Lewis looked half decent in his first couple of games for us too .....

:ph34r:

I am not saying he will be a poor signing, but people

putting the signing of him in the same bracket as WHsigning Nolan is crazy.

He is not crap, firstly he is a regular in the Swiss team and secondly he did ok for man city and at the time he was only 22, he would boss this level.

Hahaha! Oh wait.... you're being serious.

29 games in Serie A? We're playing in the second tier of English football, this lad has been playing top flight Italian football in a decent team. He'd be a huge improvement on any of our current defensive midfielders.

St Etienne and the French league in general are not a high level of football.

Serie A is though. And he plays regularly for Switzerland. And we're only Leicester City, playing in the Championship - we're not pushing for the Champions League.

He is a top player. Better than we have at the moment so why are people complaining? He will add quality and competetion.

From what his agent said i expect him to come.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_7061951,00.html?

http://first4lcfc.blogspot.com/2011/07/foxes-in-for-fernanades.html

but who would he push out of the team? Danns? king? wellens? what does everyone think?

It looks like it may be a loan

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11979_7062100,00.html

Finally, Leicester expect to reunite Sven-Goran Eriksson with Swiss midfielder Gelson Fernandes in the coming week as the Saint-Etienne player is expected to join the Foxes on a season-long loan from the French side. The Swede made Fernandes one of his first signings when manager of Manchester City and the Switzerland international will be delighted to team up with his former mentor after a tough time in France.

Archived