Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fez of Mahrez

Gelson Fernandes

Cheers, some of the Etienne fans seem to hold him in high regard: Various talk in that thread of his talents and honesty as a player as well as one guy saying he should stay cause he's vital to their cause. Then of course there are the naysayers but we'll put that down to their lineage... :ph34r:

Great signing. We have a boss midfield now.

I don't see why people think Wellens will be off because of Fernandes signing. He was handed the captains armband pre-season and Sven rates him. Fernandes is mostly a defensive midfielder isn't he? So surely he's one of the "two in every position" in DM with Abe.

Great signing. We have a boss midfield now.

I don't see why people think Wellens will be off because of Fernandes signing. He was handed the captains armband pre-season and Sven rates him. Fernandes is mostly a defensive midfielder isn't he? So surely he's one of the "two in every position" in DM with Abe.

Yes a defensive midfielder but able to attack as well. Johnson would be more of a replacement for wellens.

Definitely looks like we're going 4-3-3 this season again then. Maybe he'll think about using Kingy in a more attacking midfield role? Can't see how all these guys will be satisfied though, I can see at least one or two leaving, be it on loan or sold.

Definitely looks like we're going 4-3-3 this season again then. Maybe he'll think about using Kingy in a more attacking midfield role? Can't see how all these guys will be satisfied though, I can see at least one or two leaving, be it on loan or sold.

There will be rotation among the 6 midfielders, Oakley is definitely a goner and Moussa on loan

I think it will be ok for the first few months. Johnson will probably be eased back in. I doubt Abe will start many games unless he toughens up and like you said, King or even Danns might be used higher up the pitch behind a front two so we still might be playing 4 midfielders.

I think King and Wellens really struggled to the latter part of the season, both looked tired and their performances dropped. Good to have equally as good players who can step in throughout the season.

I think it will be ok for the first few months. Johnson will probably be eased back in. I doubt Abe will start many games unless he toughens up and like you said, King or even Danns might be used higher up the pitch behind a front two so we still might be playing 4 midfielders.

I think King and Wellens really struggled to the latter part of the season, both looked tired and their performances dropped. Good to have equally as good players who can step in throughout the season.

I think thats the key thing this season. Strength in depth is something we've been missing for quite some time. Im excited to see how they will all play together :D

Just a bit worried that playing 4 CMs, we're gonna lack width. Although with Paintjob and Konch flying up the wings hopefully we can still get some decent crosses in, but then again that could leave us exposed on the counter.

This is a quality signing. I guess that Sven even if he comes across as gentle and nice have the backbone in him to just tell the players "If you

re not happy, you don't have to stay".

Svens job is clear and concrete, the owners wants premier leauge, to make sure of that he needs really good players. He can't be sentimental. Of course unhappiness among the squad could backfire but I think Sven knows what he is doing. I also don't think that so many other managers would have got in these kind of players that are both hungry and quality. No signing is cringworthy so far. Maybe Michael Ball but I'm pretty sure he is back up for left back and left centre-back.

This is a quality signing. I guess that Sven even if he comes across as gentle and nice have the backbone in him to just tell the players "If you

re not happy, you don't have to stay".

Svens job is clear and concrete, the owners wants premier leauge, to make sure of that he needs really good players. He can't be sentimental. Of course unhappiness among the squad could backfire but I think Sven knows what he is doing. I also don't think that so many other managers would have got in these kind of players that are both hungry and quality. No signing is cringworthy so far. Maybe Michael Ball but I'm pretty sure he is back up for left back and left centre-back.

lol yea hes hardly awe-inspiring, but he was with us on trial for a fair time, got some games under his belt and Sven obviously sees something in him, or he wouldnt be here :)

Though he could just be on a 1 month contract, only brought in to kick the shit out of Ronaldo tomorrow ;)

Archived