Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Babylon

Noel G

First single out on his website now, was really looking forward to his album... new single sounds like left overs from the last Oasis album.

Boring.

Gave it a listen this morning

Quite liked it, but it does sound like Oasis left-overs rather than actual new material which has progressed in some way from what preceded it.

Been looking forward to it for ages, but during his press conference a couple of weeks ago he said he'd written over 2 albums worth of material that he hadn't been able to fit into Oasis albums, because of their shared writing (royalties) agreement, so from that point on, my heart dipped a bit

I like The Death of You and Me, not blown away by it but think its ok, it's certainly 'grabbed' me more instantly than Beady Eye's first attempt, although most of Beady Eye's songs have grown on me now, nothing amazing though.

As for sounding like left overs from Oasis, I'm not 100% but thought I read or heard NG say some of these songs were wrote while he was with Oasis so you're right.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I can sense Valerenga hovering.

heh... i'm rarely even on here but, yeah, still waiting for oasis to 'develop' their musical style and move on from their first album, sounds like noel is sticking to the same old formula, good for him and his bank balance...

• 3 weeks later...

heh... i'm rarely even on here but, yeah, still waiting for oasis to 'develop' their musical style and move on from their first album, sounds like noel is sticking to the same old formula, good for him and his bank balance...

I understand the appeal of artists who constantly refresh their image, sound and identity... reinvent, reinvent, reinvent, but often I prefer more of the same. If it ain't broke.... also bands get can just get more and more like evolving (but not necessarily improving) blank canvases for the latest image to be painted on. Glorified, irrelevant vehicles for branding, like a PR machine stuck on 're-brand'.

I also understand that you do need genuine pioneers do push the envelope as it were - but its more refreshing when this comes from a new band with a real identity and something to say, rather than an existing one trying to capitalise on the 'new big thing' or some perceived trend.

An example of it done right is Bob Dylan - who lived the changes (in lifestyle, religion and approach to life) which came through in his music.

An example of it done horrifically is Madonna. Rebranded and re-imagined at every turn. Every one of them boring and trite.

• 4 weeks later...

I really like the album, If I had a Gun... was worth the wait alone.

Some of the comments on here seem to say that NGHFB has the 'boring, same old songs' and that Noel hasn't done anything different. Not really sure why he should have to? This solo album was all about putting out tracks his existing fans from Oasis would go out and buy. His 'different' style is going to be the next album, which is supposed to be 'psychedelic funk' so I guess people can look forward to that if they want a change, eh?

From what i've heard I like it.

Certainly prefer it to Beady Eye, that said Beady Eye have grown on me, slightly.

Quite impressed really, definetly tones of Oasis, which i'm more than happy with, if anything I think thats what Beady Eye lack, some people may call it same old boring stuff but Noel and Liam will never get away without Oasis being mention/compared.

Archived