Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MikeyT

Premiership Thread 2011/12

Barton, very good at play-acting.

Gets a little smack on the head and goes down as if he got hit by a freight train.

Still, I think he made the right choice attacking Gervinho for a blatant dive.

Could've used more civilized manners, mind you.whistle.gif

Don't think Barton did anything wrong there. Yes he went down after being hit, but he had actually been hit, he didn't make it up.

People just hating for the sake of hating if you ask me.

Don't think Barton did anything wrong there. Yes he went down after being hit, but he had actually been hit, he didn't make it up.

He's not exactly endearing though. Hot-head who can't take what he dishes out himself.

Oi, just because he's from Liverpool doesn't make it alright. :mrgreen:

Suarez got under that penalty :blink: I thought Charlie Adam would have taken it.

If Barton would have stamped on a player, or hit a player, the FA would be straight on it and the media would be saying its him again. But, when its on the other foot...

I like Barton, people deserve to be given a second chance and since coming out of prison he has turned his life around completely, kept himself out of trouble and just concentrated on his football.

His ability has never been in doubt it's just been overshadowed by his behaviour but in the last couple of seasons since staying out of trouble he's been nothing but a brilliant footballer. I believe at this current time he is one of the best centre midfielders England have got, obviously Capello isn't going to pick him because he's 'dangerous' instead sticking with the likes of Lampard and Gareth Barry.

Stoke v Chelsea kicking off now.

Not a fan of either, but i usually go for the underdog, so...Stoke it is for me today.

i love watching chelsea to be honest. i didnt like ancellotis chelsea but loved mourhinios. today im going 0-0.

Cheers Mikey. Was just about to post saying ignore me I realised I was being retarded.

Aren't most of the streams illegal anyway?

in theory no. just illegal to broadcast them.

there have been cases where a few pubs decided not to get sky sports and whatever and get canal + and play that in the pubs and sky sports got them shut down. the landlords took them court and won damages because it isnt illegal to show football on any channel in a pub as long as you have the sports broadcasting licence (i think its a licence or something)

in theory no. just illegal to broadcast them.

there have been cases where a few pubs decided not to get sky sports and whatever and get canal + and play that in the pubs and sky sports got them shut down. the landlords took them court and won damages because it isnt illegal to show football on any channel in a pub as long as you have the sports broadcasting licence (i think its a licence or something)

It's to do with EU competition laws as well. If only sky are allowed to broadcast matches in the U.K it's effectively creating a monopoly and the Commission are against this sort of situation.

Torres is looking sharper, but I think he's trying to hard to get a goal himself. He's played well, got into some decent positions where he could have played someone else in and has instead attempted to beat three or four players. If he keeps playing this well the goals will come, but he needs to stop trying to force it.

Archived