Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MikeyT

Premiership Thread 2011/12

Sound familiar..

I just think it's funny given their overall record in the Premier League.

Wenger, although without winning a PL title, has given them so much over the years. Regular finishes in the Top 5, Champions League football, etc.

I mean, some of our fans are massively deluded, but then I always look over the shoulder and see Arsenal fans sinking even lower.

Chelsea 2 - 1 WBA

Anelka and Malouda for Chelsea

Shane Long again! Sign him up :whistle:lol Sounded like an error from Alex though.

It will be a shame if Wenger leaves though. I know he constantly moans, but he is one hell of a good manager and the Arsenal team he built up which included the likes of Bergkamp, Henry, Pires, Vieria, Petit etc is still the best team I have seen.

Went to the Sunderland-Newcastle game, was a cracking atmoshphere. Shows that you can make some noise in a modern ground, although it was nearly all sunderland until the newcastle fans woke up when they scored, Sunderland fans are quicker to turn on their team than us mind, heard a right rant on the way back to the car about how Bruce should be sacked to make a point that they've spent money and lost to a team who have spent less. They just drew with Liverpool away lol

And it finished 1-1 at Norwich. Kenwyne Jones with a late equalizer for Stoke.

I've now seen the Potters twice in four days (once in flesh and now today on a stream) and they're really struggling going forward.

If it hadn't been for that sending off, they'd been much more in trouble.

The Premier League is so unforgiving.

Look at the amount of late goals we let in when we were last there. All those points dropped proved the difference, not the beatings against the best teams.

Maybe we should take note, in the Championship...

They are indeed and this is without Vidic and Ferdinand too.

I have a friend who supports Maidstone United and I remember having a conversation with him in 2007 about a youngster at Maidstone, namely Chris Smalling. He said back then what a cracking player he was and even at 17/18 he was the best defender he could remember playing for them. Naturally, I took it with a pinch of salt, but I had to rub my eyes when I saw he'd signed for Fulham, and now it's incredible to see him playing for United in such a relatively short period of time. From Maidstone United to one of the best teams in the world in three years - incredible rise to the top.

He's played 2 games!

He was brilliant at Villa, that's why Man Utd signed him.

I know he was brilliant at Villa but playing with Rooney and Nani et al appears to have just added some extra to his game.

EDIT - it could be that playing with better players means that he plays better :doh:

I know he was brilliant at Villa but playing with Rooney and Nani appears to have just added some extra to his game.

It hasn't. He's been that good for a while. I've been a big fan of his for a couple years, and watched him closely and he was that good for Villa. Only difference is he's been on TV twice in a week, he's getting more coverage.

Same will be said of Stuart Downing at Liverpool. He's had a couple of brilliant seasons at Villa, watch people go mental about him now he's at a big four team.

EDIT - it could be that playing with better players means that he plays better :doh:

Well yeah, rather than trying interplay with Gabby Agbonglahor, he's working off Wayne Rooney. When he makes a run he gets the ball. When he plays a one two he gets it back.

Archived