Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
city4lyf

Fifa 12 Ultimate Team

In the process of making my two teams

My championship team is 3.5 stars

Schmeichel, pantsil, bamba, mills, Taylor

Robson-kanu, Fernandes, ambrose, kebe

Beckford, emnes

My la liga team is 4.5 stars

Lopez

Contreao, pepe, Abidol, Arbeloa

Adriano, Javi Martinez, Thiago, Santi Carzola

Benzema, falcao

Jus trying to think of ways to impress them that is not to expensive

Not entirely sure I agree.

I'm having great fun at the moment with a three star team I've put together of silver, German players - predominantly from the Bundesliga but with Heller (Dresden) and Ede (Union Berlin) thrown in for good measure. It's a lot more fun than my five star team of world class internationals and it takes a lot more concentration, too.

When your best finisher has 66 shooting you know you're going to have your hands full.

Id be more tempted if players who dont play in the major leagues arent horribly underrated. A player like Aguero will score an easy finesse with his right foot from the left of the penalty area practically every time he gets the chance. Somebody like David Nugent who is a very good finisher will score like that once every 5/6 chances.

I like to think I play slick passing football, on the ground and all that, not like these LB bashers. I had a Chelsea team who are obviously very powerful so I found myself running with the ball along more down the wings and I noticed because of the different style of play my pass success was always pretty bad (low to mid 70s). With the two German sides they're clearly more technical so I feel im forced to play nice football and work my way through the defence. This way my passing is usually averaging anywhere in the 80's.

Since the majority of supposed lower standard players are neither very good passing wise or powerful then it wouldnt suit me. Perhaps i'm being paranoid in the divide of gold player skill/silver & bronze, I dont think so though.

Id be more tempted if players who dont play in the major leagues arent horribly underrated. A player like Aguero will score an easy finesse with his right foot from the left of the penalty area practically every time he gets the chance. Somebody like David Nugent who is a very good finisher will score like that once every 5/6 chances.

I like to think I play slick passing football, on the ground and all that, not like these LB bashers. I had a Chelsea team who are obviously very powerful so I found myself running with the ball along more down the wings and I noticed because of the different style of play my pass success was always pretty bad (low to mid 70s). With the two German sides they're clearly more technical so I feel im forced to play nice football and work my way through the defence. This way my passing is usually averaging anywhere in the 80's.

Since the majority of supposed lower standard players are neither very good passing wise or powerful then it wouldnt suit me. Perhaps i'm being paranoid in the divide of gold player skill/silver & bronze, I dont think so though.

I think FIFA should have this system next year was talking to J.Lisemore about it. I would put this to EA if it actually let's me verify an account!League Two Players - 40-50League One Players - 50-60Championship Players - 60-79Premier League Players - 80-99I doubt I've explained my self very well but what I'm trying to say is, each league has its better players Tevez, Rooney, RVP etc so better players in the division will be higher. Not so better players lower. Probably wouldn't work but you never know.

I think that's more about the "better" players being a little over-rated and it being too easy to score wonder goals on FIFA, really. And it's not so much the Agueros of this world but the Darren Bents of this world who clearly aren't as good in life as their computerized equivalents.

I don't know what an LB basher is but I mix it up a lot with all of my teams, I don't feel "forced" per se to play any particular way. Sometimes I like direct, long-ball football because it's surprisingly effective and nobody seems to see it coming. Other times I just like to pass it around my midfield with one or two-touch football until people open up; against poorer defenders I'll just through-ball through.

And I haven't struggled to do any of that with a silver team with an average passing score of about 65. The ever so occasional wayward pass but that's just as much my on-going argument with the control system than anything else, I think. You can definitely play "good" football at that level. Heller is lower rated than Nugent, I think, but I've scored some really good goals with him.

You should just try it out.

I mean bronze players SHOULD be a bit shit, but give silver a try at least. You really, really don't need a team full of all-gold players to have fun on UT.

How can he not be? haha hes on fire, bit pissed Nuge hasnt been IF yet! hes scored a fair few recently

He has already been TOTW god knows how many times then a TOTY aswell? Ramos been TOTW 'x' amount of times too and TOTY same with other players. Nugent should be IF though soon :)

I've noticed a lot lately how easy it seems to be to get away with sliding someone from behind in the box.

I accept a certain amount of this is my fault. I slow down a bit too much when I go one on one and am about to shoot because Heller has rubbish shooting stats and I need to place my shots carefully (and I'm not that great at FIFA.)

But I've noticed loads if people getting away with sliding him from behind just as he's shooting and stopping the shot. 99 times out of 100 in real life the striker would go down and there'd be s pen but people always get away with it. Mad.

Not so much a whinge as a general observation, I'm not really that bothered. But still.

You have to break a leg to win a penalty on this game it seems. I've won a couple for absolute nothing tbf, but its still ridiculous. There are some crunching tackles I make that are absolutely perfect but because the opposition guy flys in to the air (the hilarious new impact system) the game see's it as a free kick. Sadly its got to a point now where I make them sort of tackles, I know its good, but im waiting for the whistle to be blown.

There's also a few that are clear free kicks that aren't given. I know Mertesacker was on the pitch 3 minutes for me a few weeks ago and he was by far and away the last man as he gives away a penalty. He gets a yellow. There have been a few times on pro clubs where I have literally no more than kicked a player in the ankle and i've got given a straight red for it. There was a tackle where somebody came steaming in with a slide tackle and the poor fella on the other end of it flipped in the air about three times. It looked worse cause of the failed impact system but it was absolute filth. He got warned for it.

Think im gonna give H2H seasons more of a go now though since UT is pissing me off, especially that **** ref Santoso. No exaggeration I think he's sent Mertesacker off for me atleast 20 times. PS. LB bashing is just doing long balls in the air non-stop, it wouldnt be so annoying if it was actually realistic and didnt get to the player 95% of the time.

I agree about the tackling it is shocking!

I was playing someone yesterday 2-2 in the 90th minute and goes to stoppage time, I play a long ball forr Darren Bent to run on to, clear through on goal I go to finesse shot(which 9 times out of 10 would of gone in) and Bent pulls up holding his hamstring? I lose the game on penalties.. I look at Bents injury and it says 'Head Injury, out for 4 games' WTF?

Nugent should be IF though soon :)

Don't count on it... they just seem to repeat the same players in form, especially players that play in higher divisions. I know Messi is a top player and the best in the World, but they seem to bring him out in form every week - hasn't he been in form like 5 times already?

Started making a Ivory Coast team. Anyone on foxestalk got a Drogba for sale? or Yaya Toure. I dont know wether to sell my Rooney or not? Big decision lol OR do I keep my Rooney and sell the rest of my England team to fund the purchases of Drogba and Yaya Toure? I've got 18,500 at the minute.

Big fan of my bronze team. It's made the whole game a lot more enjoyable when goals aren't being scored with every shot from around the box. Schlupp and Tomlin up front are quality at that level.

Yeah definitely, I like having to work for my goals and I also like knowing that if I defend well I can shut someone out because Lukaku isn't going to blaze one in from 35 yards on the turn.

Got a Bronze team and a Silver at the min, cant be doing with people online who spent silly money buying packs/players and have a team with the likes of Ronaldo, Messi, David Villa, etc etc.

Silver team is Championship with a couple of Premier League and SPL, 4 3 3 formation.

GK: Speroni / Lee Camp

RB: Clyne / Eardley

CB: Ridgewell, Caldwell, Amougou, Bamba

LB: Parr

CM: Gosling, Fahey, Mutch, Michael Johnson (quality in a Midfield 3), McEachran,

RW: Snodgrass, Swanson

ST: Kenny Miller, Earnshaw, Nugent

LW: Whittingham, Templeton.

If anyone can recommend me any decent players to fit into this team post them uppp. Or if anyone fancies a match. (PS3)!

Yeah definitely, I like having to work for my goals and I also like knowing that if I defend well I can shut someone out because Lukaku isn't going to blaze one in from 35 yards on the turn.

My bronze team got paired against someone last night who had 9 bronze players and then Ashley Young and Jermaine Beckford. Conceeded five and all were from at least 25 yards by one of those pair. That's the price you pay for having Weale in goal I suppose! Just took the fun completely out of the game though!

Suarez is awesome for me. Unreal at 6k seems like a bargain. Plays behind either Abel Hernandez or Diego Forlan in my 4-2-3-1 formation.

Anyone played against people that start with a full bronze team then at kick off, pause the game then bring on three gold forwards such as Rooney, Drogba etc?

Yeah, that does my head in. I play people like that in comps. when the requirements are something like '11 bronze in starting 11 or max. team rating 2k' etc. When that happens to me now, I try and cause injury to their players so he goes down to 9 or 10 men etc (but that never works!)

Archived