Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
boring_jester

The Walking Dead

any excuse to bump this back up.

Episode aired in america last night. ive avoided spoilers so far but i saw on facebook they were on about "that scene" in tonights episode so i would expect something gruesome.

season finale (90 mins) next week.

taking all bets on deaths!

Watched it & another damn good episode imo, 2 scenes strike out for me, 1 is gruesome & disturbing the other is just bat shit crazy Edited by Chrisuki

Discovered so much more about myself in greater detail than I already knew, 

I'm an angry and violent person, I was throwing punches during the fight, Wanted to see every single tooth get kicked straight down his throat.. hate woman beaters, I wanted him to die the slowest and most painful death possible.

On a better note I cannot wait for sunday!

Great last episode. I'm looking forward to what happens next week. 

I have never ever been so FRUSTRATED at a character before (looking at you Nicolas), and why doesn't Rick tell them about their previous troubles and why they are all messed up. What happened with the Gabriel thing? Not one mention in the last episode. 

Also, one interesting fact is that Sasha was pregnant the entire time filming this half of series 5. This is why a lot of camera shots of her are on her face or back or upper half. 

Great last episode. I'm looking forward to what happens next week. 

I have never ever been so FRUSTRATED at a character before (looking at you Nicolas), and why doesn't Rick tell them about their previous troubles and why they are all messed up. What happened with the Gabriel thing? Not one mention in the last episode. 

Also, one interesting fact is that Sasha was pregnant the entire time filming this half of series 5. This is why a lot of camera shots of her are on her face or back or upper half. 

trust issues.

it was mentioned. he planted the seed of doubt, then she lost her son and now rick has basically backed up what gabriel said.

the nod towards "Banishment" seems to be coming up a lot too. 

Discovered so much more about myself in greater detail than I already knew, 

I'm an angry and violent person, I was throwing punches during the fight, Wanted to see every single tooth get kicked straight down his throat.. hate woman beaters, I wanted him to die the slowest and most painful death possible.

On a better note I cannot wait for sunday!

Funny-meme-seriousLee.jpg

season finale last night. 90 minutes long. avoided spoilers so far.

anyone seen it yet?

Just watched it, 

Came on here to find out why it was only 60 minutes long as I'm sure it said 90 minutes, you've just confirmed this..... 

For some reason it only showed 60 mins online =s

EDIT - Just checked the sky Go tv listing, They say 1 hr 20 mins (with adverts) 

Edited by cityfanlee23

Just watched it, 

Came on here to find out why it was only 60 minutes long as I'm sure it said 90 minutes, you've just confirmed this..... 

For some reason it only showed 60 mins online =s

EDIT - Just checked the sky Go tv listing, They say 1 hr 20 mins (with adverts) 

30 minutes of adverts?! jesus! 

30 minutes of adverts?! jesus! 

That is what I thought, I always watch it on a stream on a monday morning, and never had anything missed out or a short episode because of the stream, I tried other websites too and all say 60 minutes instead of 90 (streams don't have ads)

I think I'll have to watch it on sky go tonight and make sure! 

That is what I thought, I always watch it on a stream on a monday morning, and never had anything missed out or a short episode because of the stream, I tried other websites too and all say 60 minutes instead of 90 (streams don't have ads)

I think I'll have to watch it on sky go tonight and make sure! 

i have downloaded it but i didnt check the time. usually without ads the hour long episodes are between 40-50 minutes so cant really complain.

the internet does not seem to have exploded so i dont think im right in what i was predicting earlier in the thread. that must be for next season.

So my finale thoughts?

Overall it was decent, I think we all billed it up abit to much but it still delivered but in a different way. Not the best finale, that still goes to season 2 for me

Pros:

Sets up things very nicely for next season

Some good scenes, the Rick speech especially, it reminded me abit of the speech he did in season 2

Great walker kills, that chain one from Daryl was great

The Wolves are freaky! they lead their victims to death then keep them around as walkers! There must be more than just 2 though. I can actually see them being the main threat for most of next season, oh & I wonder if some of the wolves are them people Aaron was going on about? about being kicked out of Alexandria?

Morgan is now a ninja master! great to see him back & how he will evolve into next season

No unnecessary cheap character death

Cons:

Some filler at times

Iffy writing, Maggie seemed to forget about Glenn

Continuity issues have always been an issue with TWD but Rick running when it was light and suddenly everyone is having the meeting & Rick is still running & it's dark.. You can't even put it down to time as I didn't get the vibe that was the case

Glenn not killing Nicolas, sorry but bollocks. He shot him, he left him to the walkers

Father Gabriel is still alive!

Still felt at times even with the 90 min length, stuff was rushed abit, especially the ending parts

Edited by Chrisuki

Re. Glenn and Father Gabriel, doesn't that speak to the theme of the struggle to keep your humanity in this world that's been quite a recurring theme in this season?

I.agree it felt like nonsense at first but in retrospect that's what felt like part of the 'resolution' of the series to me.

Overall great episode for me and I like the fact it left us with a 'cliffhanger' of a different sort to be honest. A looming threat that's not immediate but a real sign of hope too.

The Whispers! we are getting close to the end of where the comics are up to as well. must say they have bypassed some stuff but i like where it is going.

In the spoiler tag below is some info on the whisperers no plot spoilers or anything. and a pic from the comics too. put in spoilers just in case some people don't want to see!

I don't recall them being part of the previously mentioned "banished group" from the ASZ. They may go down that route they may not. in the comics they are known for wearing the skin of the "roamers" to blend in and not get attacked. they are pretty much full on batshit insane and believe the dead whisper to them. they are very dangerous and very...very crazy.

Fear_The_Whisperers.png

Not the best episode and a bit disappointing I thought. Kept thinking that it "would get going in a minute", and then it ended.

Only bit I thought moved the story forward was the brief appearance of the Wolves which I thought was really good. Can't wait to see more of them/their base/their traps next season! 

I liked it as an episode but a bit disappointed as a season finale there was no big ending, thought it was going to be a bit of a zombie tear up in Alexandria to convince them they need Rick and the gang around rather than a Rick one man show. Some good individual scenes and plenty to look forward to in next season just lacked that big finale. Going to watch the talking dead see what that is all about.

I liked it as an episode but a bit disappointed as a season finale there was no big ending, thought it was going to be a bit of a zombie tear up in Alexandria to convince them they need Rick and the gang around rather than a Rick one man show. Some good individual scenes and plenty to look forward to in next season just lacked that big finale. Going to watch the talking dead see what that is all about.

Well technically the ending was kinda big? Rick & Morgan face to face again, but I get what you mean.. I think we all billed it up to much & in hindsight it was silly to do

They had only been in Alexandria, shit majorly wasn't really gonna go down, yes stuff has happened but in terms of major shit that obviously is being planted up for next season.. It would have been stupid if a major comic book story concerning Alexandria came that soon in the TV show & I appreciate the writing more now

The Whispers! we are getting close to the end of where the comics are up to as well. must say they have bypassed some stuff but i like where it is going.

In the spoiler tag below is some info on the whisperers no plot spoilers or anything. and a pic from the comics too. put in spoilers just in case some people don't want to see!

I don't recall them being part of the previously mentioned "banished group" from the ASZ. They may go down that route they may not. in the comics they are known for wearing the skin of the "roamers" to blend in and not get attacked. they are pretty much full on batshit insane and believe the dead whisper to them. they are very dangerous and very...very crazy.

Fear_The_Whisperers.png

The Wolves aren't The Whisperers? unless they incorporate certain traits from them in season 6? Right now I see The Wolves as a hybrid of The Scavengers from the comics, The Wolves seem freakier though so like I said it could be possible they do incorporate The Whisperers traits to The Wolves

Certain stuff has been bypassed but MAJOR stuff won't be & that will come next season.. I don't think we will see Negan till season 7 now, or very late into season 6

I LOVED that episode. So crazy. I loved all the insane zombie kills, Car Plate, Chain.

It had everything. Sasha being weird, Gabriel being weird, Rick being Rick, Carol being insane, Morgan being weird.

Then it ended with Sasha, Maggie & Gabriel holding hands! Hence the rushed parts I mentioned in my other post.. It's like they wanted to close the chapter on all them mini storylines, even Tara woke up! So in the space of like 5 mins we had Sasha, Gabe wanting to die, Sasha, Gabe & Maggie holding hands & everything was rosey again & Tara waking up!

Then of course the ending with Rick & Morgan, I liked that part but the ending was still rushed.. Obviously the writers wanted to wrap it all up quick & start a new for season 6, but surely they could have left it going for abit longer into s6? I mean maybe they do, maybe Sasha & Gabe are still suicidal & crazy but I've got a feeling that won't be the case anymore

• 3 months later...