Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
boring_jester

The Walking Dead

washington?

im still trying to catch up with the comics. in book 2 they go to a gated community a lot like this one and bad stuff happens (same as the show...trying to avoid spoilers)

Yeah that's the direction they are heading for according to what I've read

Liked the episode, thought it was clever with the people returning in his hallucination. The radio broadcast was cool as well, thought at first it was real and that there was a self started 'republic' however when I watched it again, I realised it was a representation of the group over the last couple of seasons. "Hacking innocents with machetes" (Rick has butchered plenty of people with his) "setting people on fire" (Carol burned those people at the prison) "and even burning down a prison" (Pretty Obvious!). Plus the voice was Andrew Lincoln in his native British accent. 

Liked the episode, thought it was clever with the people returning in his hallucination. The radio broadcast was cool as well, thought at first it was real and that there was a self started 'republic' however when I watched it again, I realised it was a representation of the group over the last couple of seasons. "Hacking innocents with machetes" (Rick has butchered plenty of people with his) "setting people on fire" (Carol burned those people at the prison) "and even burning down a prison" (Pretty Obvious!). Plus the voice was Andrew Lincoln in his native British accent. 

i was just about to say its andrew lincoln in his native british accent

the sad thing is he is reading a report from the rwandan genocide. 

I'm hoping (and guessing because of the ending) that's the last week they just walk around looking miserable for 40 minutes.

lol

It certainly wasn't the most thrilling episode I agree.. It was mainly filler to what lies ahead

Im in Atlanta currently and they do a walking dead tour. I was considering it but realised that the series is very very dull and nothing ever happens, so won't bother.

Tanks, people getting heads chopped off, numerous deaths, but yeah nothing ever happens...

Tanks, people getting heads chopped off, numerous deaths, but yeah nothing ever happens...

It's so ridiculously lacking in plot though. They spend hours and hours leading towards nothing. I'm glad you enjoy it, and stylistically in regards to cinematography I think it looks great. But it just meanders in circles.

If tanks and decapitations is enough for you fair play young man, but I like there to be some sort of plot.

Edited by ronnup

It's so ridiculously lacking in plot though. They spend hours and hours leading towards nothing. I'm glad you enjoy it, and stylistically in regards to cinematography I think it looks great. But it just meanders in circles.

If tanks and decapitations is enough for you fair play young man, but I like there to be some sort of plot.

I agree sometimes it does go round in circles but it does have plots, it doesn't concentrate on one big plot it's had numerous plots and I'd assume until it ends that's how it will always be

Like take for instance now, the plot will shift to another direction (don't wanna spoil to much)

Edited by Chrisuki

I've found this series pain staking, so have finally given up on it. Up until the point the Guv'nor died I enjoyed this show. It's felt like a rudderless ship, with characters that I don't care about ever since.

off to the alexandria safe zone we go then!

is this the whisperers or is it that other group whose names elude me?

It's being rumoured it's The Scavengers from the comics going under the name The Wolves for the tv show. We have seen a lot of references to The Wolves the last few episodes so I'd assume they will be the next bad guys

Whilst not the most explosive episode I really enjoyed it a lot of tension and development of characters. You can't just have explosions deaths every episode. Loved the after storm scene with Zombies impaled up in the trees, and side stepping Zombies off the bridge.

Although I am disappointed nobody made a wisecrack at Glenn when they were eating dog...

next episode looks a belter, I just hope they don't shoot their load too early and we get a long build up and decent pay off with whatever this Ethan character is up to.

Whilst not the most explosive episode I really enjoyed it a lot of tension and development of characters. You can't just have explosions deaths every episode. Loved the after storm scene with Zombies impaled up in the trees, and side stepping Zombies off the bridge.

Although I am disappointed nobody made a wisecrack at Glenn when they were eating dog...

next episode looks a belter, I just hope they don't shoot their load too early and we get a long build up and decent pay off with whatever this Ethan character is up to.

Ethan? I think you meant Aaron & the pay off to him & this story will be huge..

Going to your first point, I agree you can't always have explosions, deaths, etc & yes while it was slow the character development was great & that has been the theme for many of the slow episodes.. It usually always ties into something big

It's being rumoured it's The Scavengers from the comics going under the name The Wolves for the tv show. We have seen a lot of references to The Wolves the last few episodes so I'd assume they will be the next bad guys

the whisperers are the ones that go around with wild dogs. in the comics they also blend into the crowd by wearing the skin of walkers so not to be noticed. dont think we will be finding them in the TV show any time soon.

aaron (if i recall) is a member of the safe zone. he will also be the first gay character in the walking dead (until his boyfriend becomes the second)

there is a group called "the saviours" but i dont think we shall see these this season. anyone whose read the comics knows what these are (in)famous for, 

the whisperers are the ones that go around with wild dogs. in the comics they also blend into the crowd by wearing the skin of walkers so not to be noticed. dont think we will be finding them in the TV show any time soon.

aaron (if i recall) is a member of the safe zone. he will also be the first gay character in the walking dead (until his boyfriend becomes the second)

there is a group called "the saviours" but i dont think we shall see these this season. anyone whose read the comics knows what these are (in)famous for,

I'd be shocked if we saw the whisperers so soon, they are still quite newish in the comics but guess ya never know!

Yeah that's right about Aaron and I'd expect to see The Saviour's probably late into season 6 because as you know that's when a huge storyline will start & major shit will go down

Edited by Chrisuki