Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
boring_jester

The Walking Dead

Just finished the first series. I was thinking that instead of running through the undead taking pot shots with guns that carry unlimited bullets why not build fires to block them in and watch them all burn to ashes from a distance. I am shore they could clear a few cities that way and shorten the series.

They're pretty crap at protecting themselves but fire doesn't seem to kill them very effectively.

They'd be better off finding a few excavators (there must be plenty around) and digging an empty moat around where they want to stay. Zombies would just fall into it and get trapped. A couple of drawbridges and periodic clearing of the moat and you'd be set.

Animals don't eat zombie meat as it is not fresh meat.

The walking dead also explains how it spread and it is not just through bites, the bite just kills you, you already have the disease, which is why it is not as simple as just killing the initial biters.

Heat, cold and inability to heal is one of things you just have to suspend your disbelief over, although the walking dead does have more decayed and rotting zombies as the series go on, there is also no reason to believe their bodies are not trying to repair and protect them but they are too stupid to help it. If we get a cut our body heals it but we can help it by keeping it clean and infection free.

Animals don't eat zombie meat as it is not fresh meat.

The walking dead also explains how it spread and it is not just through bites, the bite just kills you, you already have the disease, which is why it is not as simple as just killing the initial biters.

Heat, cold and inability to heal is one of things you just have to suspend your disbelief over, although the walking dead does have more decayed and rotting zombies as the series go on, there is also no reason to believe their bodies are not trying to repair and protect them but they are too stupid to help it. If we get a cut our body heals it but we can help it by keeping it clean and infection free.

I didn't write it, nor do I think it's covered all the bases and variation of zombie-types in films, shows and comics. There'd be swarms of flies everywhere for one. Rotting meat all slowly being eaten away by maggots, not bigger scavengers. Hang out a bit, get pissed off about the flies in your eyes and mouth, and zombies will disappear probably in a month or so.

It's best not to overthink these things. As I pointed it, zombies are a metaphor, and have been used as such in horror since their inception before we actually wrote words/pictures down on something. 

Watched the first episode of the second series. TBH the religious aspect got on my nerves. The whole population wiped out yet they were still praying to their god for help. An all powerful omniscient being would know what is coming and would  save them if he was  all good as they say.I would lead a load of the undead into churches then blow them up Two birds with one stone.

Finished season two. If they keep going on about god and religion I shall give up on it. The farmer made a good point.

'I know Jesus  said the dead will rise again but this is a strange way of doing it.'

It seems  it does not matter if a person is bitten or not, they are all infected. Why do they try and fight them at ground level. Go on the roof and shoot from there or bombard them with fire.  They  could get rid of a few hundred at a time that way.

Edited by Rincewind

Watched the first episode of the second series. TBH the religious aspect got on my nerves. The whole population wiped out yet they were still praying to their god for help. An all powerful omniscient being would know what is coming and would save them if he was all good as they say.I would lead a load of the undead into churches then blow them up Two birds with one stone.

Better then praying to Corbyn?? A ls he would probably be against shooting or even capturing the dead. He would probably want a diplomatic solution........

Finished season two. If they keep going on about god and religion I shall give up on it. The farmer made a good point.

'I know Jesus  said the dead will rise again but this is a strange way of doing it.'

It seems  it does not matter if a person is bitten or not, they are all infected. Why do they try and fight them at ground level. Go on the roof and shoot from there or bombard them with fire.  They  could get rid of a few hundred at a time that way.

You really need to persevere, season 2 happened when the writers strike was on. 

Season 3 onwards are insanely good.

Halfway through series three. I was thinking  instead of hand to hand combat why not just run over them with the cars. I am sure there will also be the odd tank or steamroller about to crunch the heads a bit more.

Black and white episode next. 3/13

Edited by Rincewind

Watched the first episode of the second series. TBH the religious aspect got on my nerves. The whole population wiped out yet they were still praying to their god for help. An all powerful omniscient being would know what is coming and would  save them if he was  all good as they say.I would lead a load of the undead into churches then blow them up Two birds with one stone.

That's real life though.

More people pray when they are in trouble or have a higher liklihood of dying than at other times.

Such a shitty series so far. The great thing about TWD has been that it constantly brings on the action. These character development episodes are shite. Just give me the action.

I've enjoyed the series but agree with the CDE, they can be rather boring.

Halfway through series 4

I thought the Governor had been killed off already? Cannot remember how he escaped.

Just got to the part where the prison has been destroyed. The attackers thought it a sfe place to go yet they have destroyed the perimeter fence and walls. Madness.

Edited by Rincewind

I've enjoyed the series but agree with the CDE, they can be rather boring.

Doesn't help when the characters are as terrible as Abraham, he's like a caricature of Buzz Lightyear. His sidekick Eugene is even worse. The only new characters I've liked since season two are Sasha and rosita and that's based purely on physical attractiveness.

Just watched last night's episode. My, oh my. 

Glenn's plot armor is insanity. So dumb how he miraculously survived that despite about 200 walkers eating someone on top of him.

That ending, though. Next week is going to be pretty crazy. That little bellend Ron kid will no doubt shoot someone we like, miss cus he's shit and then his little brother kills him.