Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
21st Century Fox

Coachella Tupac Hologram

Thought it was brilliant myself. Wonder how long it'll be before we see full concerts like this.

Next year.

Not sure if it's confirmed, but there are rumours that there is going to be a whole Holographic concert for Coachella in 2012

Bored of all this now.

Yes, it's impressive, but Dre isn't the first to do this.

Gorillaz used holograms in 2006 - not sure if anyone did it before then. But, unfortunately, it won't be long til we see holograms of MJ in the future.

I'm not really a big fan of his or anything but it's interesting how they did. It's an old 19th century magicians illusion where light's reflected off of a sheet of glass and in this case bounced onto a sheet of special optical foil that holds the reflection.

There's rumours that they've made a Nate Dogg one too for the next show.

I know - which is worse. It's so obviously NOT a live <sic> event, why even bother?

Atmosphere etc?

A hologram on stage and thousands of mental fans is better than listening to a cd in your pants eating some toast. I'd assume.

Like watching a beam back at Filbo instead of watching it on your tv with yer nan or something. The real thing is impossible so that's the best you're going to get.

Yeah, but you still can't say that you've been to a Tupac gig - not truthfully.

And tbh, I'd rather listen to recorded music on my own, without being surrounded by people jostling me - at a gig you go for the event and the fact that the music will be unique to that night - not something that's been seen by others time and again.

Yeah, but you still can't say that you've been to a Tupac gig - not truthfully.

Well no, that's because he's dead.

Wonder if you're reading too much into this. I doubt anyone who went is now claiming they've been to a Tupac gig. They probably just enjoyed a great set with a brilliant atmosphere at what looks like an amazing festival.

I still don't get it. :nono:

Never really liked "watching" music and on the rare occasions that I watch a music video, I much prefer the kind where a story is told and it's not just the band/artist standing there doing their song.

Atmosphere etc?

A hologram on stage and thousands of mental fans is better than listening to a cd in your pants eating some toast. I'd assume.

Like watching a beam back at Filbo instead of watching it on your tv with yer nan or something. The real thing is impossible so that's the best you're going to get.

I've seen rap concerts they look really dull.

I can't imagine fans going mental over a hologram.

Yeah I can't imagine anyone going mental on the West Coast of the US with Dre, Snoop, Eminem and "Tupac" live on stage. I guess everyone would just get a bit bored and go home.

Yep, I would.

Talk fast please....let me go mental!!!

According to my sources at NASA we're gonna see some ufo holograms with a few explosions chucked in for effect in the next few years and everybody will be running round the streets screaming with their hands in the air and shit, shouting "save us"..

I'm not sure on the accuracy of the reports but fake alien attacks are something I'm definitely keeping an eye out for. Could be fun times for sure. Great opportunity for looters.

According to my sources at NASA we're gonna see some ufo holograms with a few explosions chucked in for effect in the next few years and everybody will be running round the streets screaming with their hands in the air and shit, shouting "save us"..

I'm not sure on the accuracy of the reports but fake alien attacks are something I'm definitely keeping an eye out for. Could be fun times for sure. Great opportunity for looters.

I'm taking my camera down the KP then!

Archived