Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
wellyfox

If you were not a FOX

Ayr_United_FC_crest.jpg

When i lived in Scotland my second team were AUFC! Went to some fantastic games and some great memories until we moved back down to Leicester and got my season ticket at the Walkers (KP) Still catch a game every now and then when i go up to visit family.

It's the Foxes or nothing if you're a real fan that's there's only one club. I'm sick of plastic fans on this site!

You are actually a moron aren't you, you don't even have the brain power to imagine a world slightly different to this one, and imagine how you would be in that world.

It is hypothetical situation, the likes of which would come up when you are down the pub with your mates, it is not a competition to show how you are a better fan than everyone else, not having any imagination doesn't make you a better fan, just deficient as a human being.

Okay, confession time. I always tell people i'm from Leicester but that's not strictly true. All my family are from Leicester (many generations) but when my mum was pregnant with me, my dad took a job in West Bromwich. I was born there ( :( ) but, when I was 5 months old we moved back to Leicester.

I have always followed the Foxes and always will but I suppose I could quite easily been a Baggies fan.

Please don't hate me. :sweating:

Okay, confession time. I always tell people i'm from Leicester but that's not strictly true. All my family are from Leicester (many generations) but when my mum was pregnant with me, my dad took a job in West Bromwich. I was born there ( :( ) but, when I was 5 months old we moved back to Leicester.

I have always followed the Foxes and always will but I suppose I could quite easily been a Baggies fan.

You were conceived in Leicester , so that's ok :thumbup:

You were conceived in Leicester , so that's ok :thumbup:

Good point. :D

There's still plenty of people I know who believe I was born in Leicester, I hate admitting that I wasn't.

If Leicester had never exsisted then probably Hinkley or Forest based on location. If Leicester were to go out of business I don't think I could support any other cub, unless an 'AFC Leicester' type club was formed.

In a similar way I was conceived and born in Lincoln, but I don't have any memory of Lincoln and moved to Leicester when I was 6 months old, so I guess I am genetically an Imp.

you do where i come from ltid

Yeah, well was your Dad or whoever got you in to football or the person who first took you to Leicester from Leicester?

My Dad first took me, he is from Leicester, I've always been in Peterborough.

In the majority of cases, kids will follow the team of their parents, I'm hardly going to support Posh (Thank God I dont, tin pot) and my Dad is going to support Leicester?

There is no connection then.

I only really started taking an interest in football when I was 12/13. I could well have ended up supporting as I lived in the area at the time. The main reason for supporting Leicester was that I had family in the area and had lived in Leicestershire previously. Plus I went to a FNF at some point in the late 90's so I felt a connection. I started following the results in the 03/04 season.. What a shame.

In the majority of cases, kids will follow the team of their parents, I'm hardly going to support Posh (Thank God I dont, tin pot) and my Dad is going to support Leicester?

If / when I have children, they will HAVE to support Leicester. There will be no choice, regardless of where I live at the time. :)

If / when I have children, they will HAVE to support Leicester. There will be no choice, regardless of where I live at the time. :)

I'm making my lad support Leicester of course. He's only 6 and is already getting stick in school (as I did) because down here in Cornwall pretty much all of the 'supporters' are glory hunters as there are no decent local sides. When I was at school it was all Liverpool, now there are Man U, Man C, Chelsea and Arsenal etc to add to that.

Im determined he will stick to his guns, if i've had to suffer then why shouldn't he. :glare:

I only really started taking an interest in football when I was 12/13. I could well have ended up supporting as I lived in the area at the time. The main reason for supporting Leicester was that I had family in the area and had lived in Leicestershire previously. Plus I went to a FNF at some point in the late 90's so I felt a connection. I started following the results in the 03/04 season.. What a shame.

Which is basically the stance my Dad took.

Am so glad 99.9% have joined in and understood it was only a What if jobby for a little fun.

No supprise that a certain person really did'nt get it.

As for the Boston fans my whole family are from around Boston so they do get the odd shout from me.

Also nice to see how many have picked none prem clubs.

One thing's for sure, if Leicester went out of business I could NEVER even contemplate supporting another club. Think i'd just try to lose interest in football altogether. :/

It's hard to say, but my best guesses are Manchester United (a default option for a clubless city, was hard not to enjoy that 90s team), Leeds United (My dad was a fan of the 70s team for similar reasons before supporting his local club) or Forest (the focal point of the sports coverage in the East Midlands).

In short, what I'm saying is, thank **** Leicester City exist.

Archived