Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
wellyfox

If you were not a FOX

its where you are born that is your team end of

I was born in Hastings and spent about half of my life living there, yet funnily enough I do not support Hastings United or any team along the south coast of England.

The only reason I am a Leicester fan is because my dad was offered a job up in Leicester and we all moved up here. He took me to a Leicester game not long after we moved and I was hooked from then on. 'You support the team where you are born' is a very blinkered and naive statement.

Back on topic, if my dad wasn't offered that job and I still lived in Hastings, I have a funny feeling I would've ended up being either a Brighton or a Southampton fan.

gonna have to say kettering town got a real soft spot for them as i have seen them a few times as a kid , i used to love going down to rocky road and going for a few treats in the co-op on the way from the station, plus the burgers are out of this world :thumbup: , shame they moved 30 miles down the road........ jobs a good one my friends i thank you for reading x

I was born in Hastings and spent about half of my life living there, yet funnily enough I do not support Hastings United or any team along the south coast of England.

The only reason I am a Leicester fan is because my dad was offered a job up in Leicester and we all moved up here. He took me to a Leicester game not long after we moved and I was hooked from then on. 'You support the team where you are born' is a very blinkered and naive statement.

Back on topic, if my dad wasn't offered that job and I still lived in Hastings, I have a funny feeling I would've ended up being either a Brighton or a Southampton fan.

i didnt say support i said that is your team have you ever met any fanatical supporters i know many newcastle and liverpool fans that live in other areas now and support other teams but ask them who there team is and they will say the city where they was born in . there is a diffrence between the team you support and what team is your team . my girl was born in birmingham but she supports leicester . her team is birmingham shes a brummy leicester fan .

Looking at the majority of posts it seems many people have a '2nd' team.

Not meaning to be high and mighty or anything like that but I dont have a '2nd' team. I got into football at around 5/6 when the 66 world cup was a buzz. My elder brother had just started going down City with his mates and he got me into Leicester. I started going at 8 with him.

Never thought of having a '2nd' team. Sorry if I sound tribal, but I am a Leicester supporter and wish no joy for any other team. It's Leicester, Full Stop.

I have always told my kids (I have 5) it's Leicester or you're out the house.

So if Leicester didn't exist?? who then?????

I suppose it would be Coventry by the virtue of Geography or maybe Portadown in the Northern Ireland league as that was who my dad supported, or maybe Oadby Town, as because you have created a strange world where Leicester doesn't exist, maybe Oadby would be Championship standard? or even Premiership level, sod it, no, its a bizarre concept anyway, lets say champions league winners Oadby Town!!!!!

If Leicester weren't ever a club, Liverpool, I guess. 75% of my family support them, and I live here so yano.

If we went bust tomorrow then I'd support Bristol Rovers because my best mate does and I go to more Rovers aways then Leicester aways usually anyway, and they're all enjoyable, good fans, interesting grounds, usually do the whole day (travel, ticket and a few beers) for between 25/35 quid, despite the results not always being great.

Wahey mine would definitely be the gass'eds too

AFC Wimbledon, as my workplace is 2 minutes from where Wimbledon FC's Plough Lane Stadium used to be. Now it is a nondescript modern block of flats with a load of unoccupied retail units underneath. So sad! There is a black granite memorial though, that actually looks really good.

Being a born and breed Aussie and have only lived in Australia, as a kid watching the BBC Game of the Week back in the 60's and 70's. i was a goalie for my teams growing up so I always looked to the goalies of those team. Banks and Clemance were my favorites so I chose Leicester and Liverpool as my teams. So to answer the question I am Red as well as a Fox.

I would support Arsenal as growing up my uncle was a gooner and I loved watching the Overmars, Bergkamp and Henry era! They play some beautiful football at times, however not sure I could handle the fight for champions league vs. the constant turbulence, frustration and overall excitement you get from being a foxes fan! Am only waiting the day we get in the prem and can squeeze a win against them at emirates! hopefully wenger will be there and throw a little strop!

Would definitely be a York fan. Had a season ticket there twice and about four or five times at Leicester.

Genuinely get excited watching them and loved the Playoffs semi's. Celebrations were manic. It's great to have a second team you can get excited about, expecially when we have a shite season.

Have an inexplicable soft spot for Hereford, simply based on the fact it was a great away day. Was kinda gutted to see them get relegated this weekend.

It's great to have a second team you can get excited about, expecially when we have a shite season.

Best-Cry-Ever.gif

Living in Swansea for the past 2 years, I've adopted them as my second team. Cracking fans, the atmosphere they made in the play-offs against Forest was awesome, was nice to enjoy a bit of success for once. Makes me an unashamed glory supporter considering what we go through supporting the foxes.

Would definitely be a York fan. Had a season ticket there twice and about four or five times at Leicester.

Genuinely get excited watching them and loved the Playoffs semi's. Celebrations were manic. It's great to have a second team you can get excited about, expecially when we have a shite season.

Is this the second team that despite you living in the city, have only seen twice this season?

And that was the PO legs. Thats part time.

Archived