Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
wellyfox

If you were not a FOX

Gotta be Northampton Town (aka Cobblers) or Plymouth Argyle for me I suppose - as I Iived in Northampton for 30+ years after leaving Leicestershire in 1972, aged four! - and I have now lived in Plymouth since 2005. Still like the Pilgrims despite the friction/controversy between us and them over Holloway in 2007-08. Possibly would support Blackburn too if family influence was a factor.....as my aunt is still a Rovers fan, as was my late uncle - as they lived there. My aunt's since relocated back to Leics. but still supports Blackburn for her sins!

Guest parky0607

It's the Foxes or nothing if you're a real fan that's there's only one club. I'm sick of plastic fans on this site!

Wait until you see the PAP thread :D

I literally would be lost. I couldn't possibly build a connection with a team outside of my own. It's just not right, I give stick to all these 'fans' who support Liverpool, United, Arsenal etc so

I could hardly do the same.

Do you mean if Leicester had never existed who would you have ended up supporting? In which case possibly Norwich as they were my favourite prem team after their European exploits in the early nineties. Or maybe even Forest, without the rivalry with Leicester they would be geographically my closest club, and I was getting into football around the time of Collymore, Bohenan, Stone and Woan, they had a decent team, it only served to make me hate them more at the time, but if LCFC didn't exist I would logically be drawn to the closest club.

If Leicester ceased to exist now, I don't think I could support another english club in the top 3 divisions, I would probably join a few of my mates as AFC Wimbledon fans, been to a few games with them, it is usually a good laugh. Or become a full-time Valencia fan.

As a, once again slipping.

Is this the second team that despite you living in the city, have only seen twice this season?

And that was the PO legs. Thats part time.

Busy man getting to Leicester so often, and playing football when most of the evening games are on!

But yeah, i'm obviously a part time fan.

Portsmouth always used to be my second team as I was a student there in the 80's and went to watch them loads, but nowadays I go and see Wigan Athletic most other than Leicester obviously because I go with a friend who supports them to get my Premiership fix, so would probably pick them .......... that's verging on glory supporting compared to Leicester nowadays!

Sheffield Wednesday for me.

I've had a soft spot for them for years purely due to their fantastic support. One year they came to our place and outsung us the whole game, unreal for a side that was struggling.

There's great passion there and im delighted they've been promoted

Tough one. I'm not from Leicester, have never lived there but my Dad and Grandad were both from Wigston hance me being a City fan.

By birth I'd be Chelsea, living now it would be Wycombe Wanderers... for different reasons I'd quite enjoy either I think.

York City FC, my local team if it wasn't for my dad and Grandad and so on being from leicester and taking me every week to games. Still look out for their results, lets hope they get themselves into the Football League this weekend.

UTF

i dont support them i just always look out . prem, arsenal, MIGHTY FOXES, Lg1 m,k,Dons Lg2 Rotherham

So, what happen if one of them get promoted, you adopt a new team in that division?

I reckon I would have supported Derby, I went to a school there and my best mate was always trying to convert me. Luckily for you all, I resisted!

What would you be?

Most of us have a second club or look out the results for another team.

I'd be an Owl what about the rest of you.

I must say a big bad WOLF

but why the fox is not dead waiting only for 3 monhts then we caught them all

Sorry for all don´t want mee here but I can´t hoping for your agreement

thanks and

i may be back (and I am back)!

Leicester for ever

If I weren't a fox or tiger..I probably would have ended up supporting Lazio, strangely enough. Apart from going to City games, growing up I didn't really pay much attention to English football but loved Italian football, more so watching football italia on channel 4 on a saturday morning!

Archived