Tielemans63 Posted 8 May 2012 Posted 8 May 2012 It's the off-season and the players are off on their hols so I thought I'd be nosy and ask folk where they're off to this summer. I'm off to Dalayan in Turkey in June - can't fricking wait. Not had a proper sun holiday for a couple of years so should be a good one. So where are you off to?
Saxondale Posted 8 May 2012 Posted 8 May 2012 It's the off-season and the players are off on their hols so I thought I'd be nosy and ask folk where they're off to this summer. I'm off to Dalayan in Turkey in June - can't fricking wait. Not had a proper sun holiday for a couple of years so should be a good one. So where are you off to? I've been to Dalyan for one day/night. Nice place.
Tielemans63 Posted 8 May 2012 Author Posted 8 May 2012 I've been to Dalyan for one day/night. Nice place. Cheers BB - I'm glad you've said that!
Libertine Dream Posted 8 May 2012 Posted 8 May 2012 Dalyan is a nice enough place but I wouldn't want to be based there for a 1 or 2 weeks. It's close to Dalaman but nowhere else of such, not within a quick drive of Marmaris or Icmeler. Still I'm sure you'll enjoy it. Cyprus in a couple of weeks and Tenerife in August for me
goose2010 Posted 8 May 2012 Posted 8 May 2012 Off to Tenerife in June for a week was meant to be taking the misses but she left me couple of weeks ago, taking one of my mates instead now, doing a name change was interesting as his middles names are jack Bauer ! Yes like the guy from 24 it was a drunk dare that he actually went ahead with!
FoxesAreBlue Posted 8 May 2012 Posted 8 May 2012 Zanteeeeee on a stag do, 16 of us, first holiday since 2009. CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!
Uncle Phil Posted 8 May 2012 Posted 8 May 2012 Going to the South of France at the end of July, but because the missus won't fly I'm driving there from Darlington. I'm pretty sure I have mug written on my forehead.
TheUltimateWinner Posted 8 May 2012 Posted 8 May 2012 Egypt in July! 10 Days, I'll come back looking like Bruce Forsyth's forehead.
Tielemans63 Posted 8 May 2012 Author Posted 8 May 2012 Going to the South of France at the end of July, but because the missus won't fly I'm driving there from Darlington. I'm pretty sure I have mug written on my forehead. My Dad used to have to do that. It'd be about 5 days into the holiday by the time he'd be talking to my mum again.
Jackirius Posted 8 May 2012 Posted 8 May 2012 Travelling round India and South East Asia for 9 months Really can't wait.
Gold Coast Fox Posted 8 May 2012 Posted 8 May 2012 This season has been my holiday. Back home to Australia in 50 days...Hard life
SOCCERROO FOX Posted 8 May 2012 Posted 8 May 2012 This season has been my holiday. Back home to Australia in 50 days...Hard life My life is a holiday!
Soar Fox Posted 8 May 2012 Posted 8 May 2012 I started a relationship with a girl in February who I've known for 6 years. Been going really well with her. Is it to early to go on holiday with her? Going Ibiza with my mates for a week in July.
SOCCERROO FOX Posted 9 May 2012 Posted 9 May 2012 I started a relationship with a girl in February who I've known for 6 years. Been going really well with her. Is it to early to go on holiday with her? Going Ibiza with my mates for a week in July. Take her on a weekend away first
ozleicester Posted 9 May 2012 Posted 9 May 2012 Egypt in July! 10 Days, I'll come back looking like Bruce Forsyth's forehead. One of the highlights of my "gap" year last year was Egypt, incredible place, unforgettable and the nicest people. ( i highly recommend the term "La Shukran" works much better than the English "No Thankyou" )
Ozwin Posted 9 May 2012 Posted 9 May 2012 Not decided yet, my mates are being lame and seemingly not really interested in sorting anything. So if I do then it'll be a late job and we'll probably get fleeced on the cost.
Greg2607 Posted 9 May 2012 Posted 9 May 2012 I'm climbing the Atlas Mountains in Morroco in August. something different as a way to "celebrate" turning 30......."honestly, i'm not old, I climb mountains and everything".
James. Posted 9 May 2012 Posted 9 May 2012 I'm climbing the Atlas Mountains in Morroco in August. something different as a way to "celebrate" turning 30......."honestly, i'm not old, I climb mountains and everything". It's fantastic, I did it in 2009. Whereabouts are you going - assume you're doing Toubkal?
Greg2607 Posted 9 May 2012 Posted 9 May 2012 It's fantastic, I did it in 2009. Whereabouts are you going - assume you're doing Toubkal? Indeed i'm doing toukbal and then 3 other "hills" that over circa 4000m. spending the nights in local villages, sleeping in huts or tents I believe. It's an organised holiday with Explore as i'm travelling on my own. Hopefully my 30 year old bosy will handle the rigours!
Uncle Phil Posted 9 May 2012 Posted 9 May 2012 My Dad used to have to do that. It'd be about 5 days into the holiday by the time he'd be talking to my mum again. That sounds familiar. Plenty of beer and those chocolate pastries could smooth over a few cracks though.
nothin2seehere Posted 9 May 2012 Posted 9 May 2012 Off to Portugal in June with the missus and her sister and boyfriend. Last time we'll get away I think, just bought a house and hopefully having a kid, so money is going to be uber-tight in the next couple years.
Tielemans63 Posted 9 May 2012 Author Posted 9 May 2012 Off to Portugal in June with the missus and her sister and boyfriend. Last time we'll get away I think, just bought a house and hopefully having a kid, so money is going to be uber-tight in the next couple years. I'm in same boat as you mate. Bought a house 6 months ago and the wife wants us to try for a sprog in the next few months so I'm facing years of thriftiness after this holiday too.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.